What kind of intrusive thoughts have you had?

recluse

I used to get thoughts when i was in school that i would come home and find my parents dead after being murdered.

I was at work and i was using a rock crushing machine and out of the blue i got a vision that i threw my cat into the crushing machine. I then spent the whole day with the same thought going through my mind.

Whenever there had been a seriouus car accident nearby with fatalities i would start getting worrying thoughts that the same would happen to my loved ones.

RedRibbons

lol this is a spike thread if I've ever seen one. ;) BUT! I'll share anyway!

Oh my typing them out is really awkward - lol. They sound so severe.

I have had violent ones.. Like breaking my cats neck
I have had sexual ones.. Like making out with family members
I have had self-harm ones.. Like taking a knife and slicing my wrists
I have had racist ones.. Like saying the "N" word out loud.

You know what is funny - Is that these thoughts are completely normal, not everyone has the same ones and most people without OCD won't think twice about it.. but still.. These are normal thoughts.

I would never act on any of my weird thoughts.. That is the difference with OCD and someone who is just.. Not all there.

Yeeeeeeeeeeep. :oops:

Generical

Get em pretty frequently, like RR said they're no biggie tbh....just your imagination, albeit making you paranoid

I think everybody has thoughts like those. Like I'm sure every guy with a sister has accidentally imagined himself making out with her or something lol. And if I pass an car crash of course I get worried about my loved ones being in crash one day that just shows I care :).

The cat in the rock crushing machine is kinda odd though lol but don't take it to heart it doesn't mean anything.

Since this is anominous I'll just go ahead and say that I've had sexual dreams about every member of my family o_O....I duno if that's normal...I think it is, usually dreams have a deeper meaning than what actually happens in them. Like I read somewhere that if you dream about aliens it actually means you're confused about something.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is wierd thoughts happen to everyone, just take it with a grain of salt

lettypagb

scraming in front of the whole class : "am I invisible ?,why dont i have friends ? why dont anyone talk to me ? " i almost did once.

do an exorcism of myself

eat a black person shit

and off course boom my school ,like nerds ikahifha ,

:lol: :twisted:

strawberrybrunette

I sometimes get intrusive thoughts - usually about destroying things, especially things that are important to somebody - and right in front of them. Like, my old English tutor gave me a book for my birthday, and right that moment an image of me ripping it up and throwing it at her popped into my mind.

Also, i get thoughts, like, saying inappropriate things to classmates/teachers/colleagues (sometime random people in the street) - either extremely rude and disrespectful things, or very flirtatious etc. sort of comments. It's not just a thought - it's like i can actually see myself doing it.

Of course, i wouldn't actually say any of that stuff, or destroy anything that didn't belong to me - but the thoughts just happen, you know? I don't have OCD, but i do have intrusive thoughts a lot, and it often gets me down.

chris87

I am always worried about someone in my family getting into an accident. I have no idea why, but I always have that thought.

eleanorigby

I worry about serial killers a lot (like on a daily basis, so way more than is healthy). Ever since I was little, I've been sure that I will be killed by a serial killer. It's gotten to the point that I will drive these elaborate routes home at night so that no one can follow me (like the night stalker used to do).

I also have these weird visions about stabbing myself in the eye. I would never do it, but sometimes I'll get out a knife to cut a sandwich and I think about it, or I'll sharpen a pencil and I'll think about it.

durda_dan

eleanorigby said:
I worry about serial killers a lot (like on a daily basis, so way more than is healthy). Ever since I was little, I've been sure that I will be killed by a serial killer. It's gotten to the point that I will drive these elaborate routes home at night so that no one can follow me (like the night stalker used to do).

I also have these weird visions about stabbing myself in the eye. I would never do it, but sometimes I'll get out a knife to cut a sandwich and I think about it, or I'll sharpen a pencil and I'll think about it.
i read a serial killer book one time and i am convinced i am one :cry: Ofcoarse i kw i'm not, i constaqntly need to reassure myself, thinking about my past, god things i did, friends i have
I also have vision of poking my eyes. i was recently reading 'into the wild' and i just got an image of a thumbtac in my eye :cry: i would never do it but it's scary

also i have compulsions to crack my neck and fingerrs to be comfortable
have thoughts about grabing people everywhere, on a metro, bus, walking down the street, friends whatever
have bad sexual thoughts.
have images of adding things to ym to-do-list of 'kill girlfriend'
My mind is pretty fucked. I am glad i found this forum i feel a little more normal.
:( but i can't see help for a few more months,
But i find telling someone makes it easier, talking to god helps, and breathing seems to work. whenever i do it.

ripewithdecay

I get thoughts sometimes, well, it's more a feeling rather, that someone will just quickly step up behind me and slit my throat.
I don't really tense up that much, but most of the time i actually glance behind to see if anyone is there. Even if i'm all alone.

As far as killing people, i get those. Get like a vision where i just blow someone's head clean off and there's a big spray of blood.
However, there's no emotional attachment to thoughts like that. In fact it's like a scene from a movie just being replayed in the moment, there's really no point to it, and i don't take them too seriously.
I would never do that.
To someone I cared about. IF someone's being an asshole... well I might let the scene play out a little longer and chuckle about it. But it's just a disturbing way of entertaining myself. Like someone already said there's a huge difference between silly thoughts and actually Doing something.
Which I would never do.

Unless someone was paying me to do it.

Then I might.

;)

dottie

i am a server. when i first greet a table and tell them the specials of the day often i am plaqued with intrusive, totally inappropriate thoughts at the same time i am speaking. these are vile things that would completely offend anyone! they become so loud and obstructive in my mind that it is all i can hear anymore. i can't hear the special of the day that i am reading off and i am worried that i am saying the offensive thing instead. i have a hard time saying the specials of the day in the first place because i feel stage fright so this just complicates things worse. i am afriad one day the offensive words will uncontrollably come out of my mouth. it's like having tourettes that is just mild enough to control.

mostly intrusive thoughts for me include things like replaying events from work in my mind over and over. also, i get a lot of worst-case scenarios and what-ifs.

playthepsychedelic

dottie said:
also, i get a lot of worst-case scenarios and what-ifs.

I hate to think about how bad I could f"ck things up by saying or doing really inappropriate things in the middle of a conversation with someone.

dpr

I have most of the same ones you guys all have. If it's any consolation, my therapist has told me that these are all common and totally normal.

And the cat in the rock-crushing machine is not abnormal or uncommon. Whenever I put my clothes in the dryer, I always check, re-check, re-check again to make sure my cat has not crawled in there before I turn it on. And sometimes I will get an image of her in there, you know?

I hate seeing animal abuse, even fake animal abuse in movies, and I think my abhorrence of it has something to do with why it is one of my intrusive thoughts. It's like, we're not supposed to think of them, so our brain makes us. Kind of a self-inflicted torture to punish ourselves, because we feel we deserve to be punished. So I don't think it is the thoughts themselves that are the problem. The problem we have to figure out is why we feel the need to punish ourselves by thinking these particular thoughts.

I have most all of them you guys have mentioned. A lot of mine are sexual, especially sexual fantasies about people who I find repulsive.

But I also think a lot about my loved ones being attacked, raped, murdered, etc. I try to never watch the news, but I still think about it all the time.

perlamaria

the only intrusive thought that i had was that i was going to harm kids sexually I though I was possesd by the devil Why i have that thought when i don't even want to do it with my boyfriend because I want to wait until marriage Does anyone in here has heard about the priest that do exorcism? He is in Rome he says that the devil can create obsessions which eventually can lead to suicide I've been prayed over many times and for some reason I don't believe that anymore I feel a lot of people are being opressed by the devil. Just like me he was lying to me because he didn't want me to preach the word of God and he almost won Yes probably I have a chemical imbalance on my brain and i still can't be too close to kids cause I would freak out but I don't feel as bad as before Thanks be to God

I'd rather not specify, I already did in a previous post yesterday. But I do get them from time to time.

They don't bother me much though. When I have them, they're scary, but right after I'm fine.

Kiwong

I keep running through in my mind what happened to me in July last year, and the events leading up to it. I had a real melt down and haven't really recovered. My mental health was really damaged. I am fearful of facing that situation again next year. I have days where I know that I am not going to be able to talk to people at all.

Confuseddd

why do we get these thoughts? is that really normal? i was starting up my woodstove today and the thought of throwing my cat in there happened.. i was horrified, and usually am when i have these thoughts. I am disgusted that i could have thoughts like that. i dont normally get too consumed by these thoughts and let them go after about a half an hour but damn... it is weird. I love my cat and after i have these thoughts i automatically think about what i would do to the person who did that. You know what i mean? If someone did what i just thought about.

punklove

Haha I thought I was the only one who thought these things.
It's really nice to know that I'm not though ^^

Usually I have these kind of thoughts when I'm at school.. I remember having them a lot throughtout grade 7 and 8. I would be standing on the highest floor of our school and just stare down at the other stairs and imagine what would happen if I jumped.. I used to seriously consider doing it.

65% of my thoughts are seriously f*cked up.
I've imagined poisining my stepmoms drink so that there would be a better chance of my parents getting back together.
I've imagined having sex with my extremely attractive cousin.
Very frequently I imagine slitting my wrists in the bath and I imagine how my mom would react seeing me laying there with the entire bath filled with my blood...

And yeah there's plenty more.