What kind of music do you like?

Mykul

Heya, just wondering what every ones music tastes are.. Im in to most things really, but mainly rock and metal.. the likes of Bon jovi, Funeral for a friend, Pantera, bulletformyvalentine, papa roach etc
How about you??

(i know this is a random post.. but i just thought it would be fun hehe)

Skyla

RnB music. teedra moses, Jill scott,, brandy etc. alot of Rock fans on here i think.....

FaymeLevy

I like alot of different music, but my favorite is country. I also like 90's pop and 80's rock.....I know im strange ;)

4myself

I like all different types of music, except not much pop music. I think if a band or a song is good then it doesn't really matter what genre it is, if its good its good. (except if it's Celine Dion, then its never good) :)

kattness

nirvana ,smashing pumpkins ,radiohead ,sleater-kinney,l7.
rock - grunge - acousicy stuff - and girl rock :D

pretty or much sums up my music taste,heavy and dark.

black_mamba

I watched some extreme metal/rock videos last night and felt like dying my hair green again and thrashing about like a monkey on acid.

I love rock music!!

racheH

The Killers
Jet
Mozart
Elgar
Enya
Clannad
Nirvana
Linkin Park
Coldplay
Kaiser Chiefs
Black Eyed Peas
Executioners

And all power operas like Turandot. That would be one of my 3 'desert island disks'. :D Almost makes me cry...

Danfalc

Banned
I like a bit of hip hop, but i love rap, not the commercial crap which is floating about these days, but the older stuff like 2pac that sort of stuff.Like the odd heavy metal song, and dance is good if your chilling with a few mates.Pop music makes me want to tear my eyes out pour gasoline in them, before setting fire to my gaping eye sockets and run into a motarway.

magda74

Love Bjork, Kate Bush, the Arcade Fire, the Organ, Sonic Youth, the Breeders...actually I like so many different kinds of music i couldn't list it all....but nothing puts me in a good mood like James Brown's "Get up offa that thang!!"

black_mamba

Note to self: I wanna go to a gig soon as I've never been to one. Everyone is welcome to tag along. :wink:

Wow, Magda- Kate Bush, I found out I was pregnant when Kate Bush was on in the background, so of course I love her.

Also Tom Waits, Social Distortion... Joy Division cheers me up when I am really really down. (just helps to hear someone feeling more messed up than me)

redlady

Only JUST 'discovered' Janis Joplin - OH MY GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will forever be in your auditory possession.

magda74

still-in-my-shell said:
Wow, Magda- Kate Bush, I found out I was pregnant when Kate Bush was on in the background, so of course I love her.

Also Tom Waits, Social Distortion... Joy Division cheers me up when I am really really down. (just helps to hear someone feeling more messed up than me)

Great music for great news. How old is your child?

I like The Smiths, The Sundays and Stina Nordenstam for when I need some good cheer. LOL. Aggressive riot grrrl stuff is good too. Something about putting Tom Waits on and suddenly there's a boozecan carnival in your livingroom-love him.

PhantomPod

erm, I like a lot of kinds of music. Country, rock, alternitive, techno, and folk type songs.

Some of my favorite singer are JC Chasez, Kenny Chesney, Melissa Etheridge, Shania Twain, Rascal Flatts, etc.

My son is 9 and unfortunately likes alot of pop type of music- but I'm happy that he likes music- I think it shows sensitivity.

Black_Mamba: you are not missing much by not having been to a gig- it SUCKS being the wallflower who is too afraid to yell, dance, move show any enjoyment. (well that's just me anyhow).

black_mamba

That is a good point, however I'm most interested in hearing the music live rather than dancing. I saw a live band once play in a pub. There were only 3 or 4 people in the audience but the band was amazing. Best night out ever. They even came over and gave me a free cd of theirs. Yay. So I guess I have been to a gig then...doh. :lol:

Sue

I CANT GO TO A METAL GIG WITHOUT GOING ABSOLUTLY CRAZY. THE LAST ON I WENT TO WAS SLIPKNOT AND I WILL NEVER FORGET IT. THE SECOND THEY CAME ON I JUST STARTED RUNNING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND SHOUTING THE LYRICS OUT. I DONT HEAD BANG ALOT BUT WHEN I DO MY HEAD NEARLY COMES OFF AND FLY'S ACROSS THE ARENA.

JUST CANT HELP IT. I LOVE AGRESSIVE LOUD AND REBELLIOUS MUSIC
IT MAKES ME FEEL AMAZING