what makes your hands dry?

mblair90

It is strange but on rainy days my hands don't sweat as much. Also when I am tired my hands don't sweat as much either. Anyone else have weird reactions like this?

ysh

I agree with you. On rainy days or when I am tired I sweat less. The same goes for when I have had a couple of beers. The common denominator here is that I guess that I am more relaxed when it's raining or when I am tired or a bit drunk. It's cooler on a rainy day and that in turn makes me less likely to start sweating, so I am not as stressed as during a sunny day.

Iontophoresis keep my hands and feet dry at the moment, so I don't have to worry as much for the time being.

LonelyWonders

Ya, same thing with when it's really cold, or snowing. I noticed, for me atleast, less people are around so im not as nervous to run into any, but when i'm tired I just don't care as much because I just wanna sleeeeeeeep >.<

mblair90

I agree with the alcohol, I definitely sweat a lot less when I'm drunk. I don't think its because I'm less nervous or stressed, however, I seem to think it's something more biological, because I'm not a nervous person. Maybe the alcohol alters the nervous system in some small way, same with if you are tired. This doesn't explain the rain, though...seems counter-intuitive that if there is a lot of water vapor in the air my hands would sweat less, because that's certainly not the case on humid days.

sarahe17

yeah I agree when I'm not around people when i'm anxious my hands are fine and also sleeping, basically whenever i'm not thinking about them

Dark_Angel

about the rainy days i dont really know because my hands just sweat maybe when its time to give the hand to say goodbye or hi....or maybe when i'm nervous i start to dry them in everywhere i can but the more i try to dry and the more they start to sweat lol =( when i dont think in my hands they seems to be ok but once i start to think in them they "remember " that they have to sweat...so they do...=\ i think that this fact make my SP even worst =(

mblair90

yes, i'm the same way. a lot of the times in the morning, within the first hour or so, my hands are dry. then i think to myself "hey my hands are dry, wouldn't it be nice if it was like this all day?", and they begin to sweat. sigh.