What Star Sign Are You???

Starry

Capricorn... A sea goat.. The joys(!)

capricorn4monsterus.jpg

jaim38

I'm a Cancer. I feel like my star sign has a lot of influence on my life. True to its name, I was born a shy, quiet kid who loves to stay at home, with home being my "shell". I also have crazy mood changes, like a crab acting 'crabby'. As much as I hate to admit, I'm very big on emotion and very sensitive to...everything.

I read up on Cancer profiles on many websites. These websites recommend that certain careers are ideal for Cancers, such as nursing, teaching, health care, etc. I'm disappointed they didn't list engineering or IT. I tried out nursing before, but it was a disaster. Let's say it's just not for me. Not because I'm scared of blood or body fluids, but because I have terrible social skills. Plus people just automatically don't like me when they meet me. I don't have charisma.

People expect Cancers to be mushy and touchy-feely but it's not an accurate description. I'm definitely emotional, moody, and sensitive, but I'm not mushy or touchy-feely. Plus I don't express my true self to just anyone. Like a crab and true to its name, I put up a hard shell/facade to the outside world so sometimes I come off as mean, cold, and insensitive, but people who really know me knows otherwise.

jaim38

I met several Cancers in my life who are quiet and not really social, like me. I also met many Leos who were successful and well-liked. I used to have a Leo friend, and whenever I'm with her, I feel like the uglier sidekick and she's the hero. Sometimes I wonder if my life would be different if I was born under a different star sign. Should I even be proud that I'm a Cancer?

I'm not even sure what strengths a Cancer has. On websites, I read many positive things about other star signs, especially the non-water ones. For example, I read people born under the Saggitarius sign are very intelligent. Aries are leaders and pioneers, taking life "head on." Geminis are very communicative and have good financial sense. Leos are leaderlike, spotlight of attention, and outgoing.

In contrast, the websites that I visited don't expound much about the strengths of Cancers. They're consistent in saying that Cancers are highly emotional, sensitive creatures prone to moodiness. But what's so good about that? Being a Cancer, I know I can be compassionate, that's the only strength I can think of for this star sign. I see many negatives written about Cancers, such as they're quiet, hiding in their shells, crabby, preferring to blend in rather than to stand out, not willing to take risks, etc. It scares me how accurate my star sign description is.

Sometimes I want to change my star sign to, say Leo or Sagittarius. I've met some of those people in life, and things seem to come easier for them. They're natural leaders, they're naturally well-liked and respected. How do I say it, there's a certain energy that brings about these things. Leading and attracting people seems to come effortlessly for them, but for a Cancer like me, I have to work harder for even something as simple as getting friends. But I can't change my star sign. I was born with it.

PS: Earlier I described myself as "crabby". Now I realize how much "crabby" sounds like "crappy". Not that I want to trash Cancers everywhere.

Sagittarius, do any of youns know what the signs we're born under supposedly affect certain aspects of our lives? In laymans terms? I looked it up once and none of it made any sense to me.

Sagittarius, do any of youns know what the signs we're born under supposedly affect certain aspects of our lives? In laymans terms? I looked it up once and none of it made any sense to me
There's a great many sites out there with descriptions of the sun signs, but of course finding the good stuff is not easy.

But here's a link to a page i'd saved, containing what i think are short & concise descriptions: Astrology Sun Signs