What to do

rj32093

Hi everyone, I suffer from social anxiety but I want to know if I also suffer from agoraphobia. I am very much afraid of leaving my home for any reason and when I do, if I have to run to the market of just do normal things I find myself rushing so I can get back home fast. I have no job because I am afraid. What can I do?

lonelylilly

agoraphobia has been in my life for the past 5 years. There are many things you can do but the first thing should probably be a chat with your doctor. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it completley but i have learned that using visualization before i go out help tremedously, When i know i need to go somewhere about a half hour before I lay down and imagine all the thinks i have to go out and do. I start but walking down the stairs and threw the front door. i then imagine myslef walking threw the front door and to the car. then i do the same thing with the erronds i need to run, I plan well in advance and I imagine myself being sucessful in doing my daily tasks. that plus larazapam really works for me. Please keep me informed on how things are going and the different things you are trying to help you make it threw! I wish you much luck and success

Caseums21

rj32093 said:
Hi everyone, I suffer from social anxiety but I want to know if I also suffer from agoraphobia. I am very much afraid of leaving my home for any reason and when I do, if I have to run to the market of just do normal things I find myself rushing so I can get back home fast. I have no job because I am afraid. What can I do?

How long have you had agoraphobia? Just try to leave the house as much as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it is to lose the phobia. I've had SA for a few years and agoraphobia slowly but surely came. I try to leave the house as much as I can even though I panic.

I do make a lot of excuses to not go out but thats when people invite me. I find it harder to go out with someone else than by myself. I know some people who takes an item of something that makes them feel safe. Like a picture or something and when they start to panic, they look at it to calm down. Figure out whats right for you. I really hope you can overcome this.