What will you be doing if you didn’t Social anxiety

yohannes

We all had dreams and ambition are you living your dream or have you given up.

What will you be doing if you didn’t have Social anxiety career wise and social wise. I know I would have finish school ages ago and living a comfortable life.

noblame4

I dont know, I'd like to be a psychologist. But since I cant go to school, that probably wont ever happen.

chris87

I probably would have a lot more friends. I wouldn't spend all of my time at home, and I think I'd feel much happier.

2Crowded

I wouldnt have dropped out of high school...Id probably have a great job of some kind with super benefits & not have to bust my ass & would still make big bucks....I'd probably have a wife & a family with 2.3 kids & a nice house & a couple nice cars & costly hobbies...complete with lots of golf buddies who would be well off just like me....take big fancy long vacations every year & not even worry about the cost.

But would all that be so great anyway?...not so sure anymore.

kuze

i too wish i didnt drop out of high school, if i had it my way i would have pursued art in college.

Dave_McFadden

On the negative side, I'd probably be serving year 20 of a 25-to-life sentence.

On the positive side, I would have no idea what my great-great-grandparents names were, or anyone back past them.

So there are pluses and minuses.

Len

I would probably be popular, have loads of hobbies, be promiscuous, earning loads of money, going out at weekends, taking drugs and alcohol, living life to the fullest. On the other hand, I could be dead from all of those mentioned previously. Alive and boring or dead...hmmmm....heads or tails.

Walk

I'd have more hobbies, more friends... and a whole other set of problems.

Even kids of billionaires with tons of friends and huge trust funds feel empty about life and resort to drugs and other negative things.

I'd still be happier, but there's no way we'd be perfect. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I just want to tell again to everyone, especially the younger people who probably have more time, that college is still possible. I am 22 and I started college last year at community college and I'm on my way to transfer to a university (in a year).

caitlynx

Volunteering in my community. Making friends with the few new people who've expressed interest in being my friend lately, instead of avoiding them (and lying about why I'm avoiding them). Exploring my city/going to events by myself. Getting my license. And working towards my fantasy job - which I could never do with my SA - event/concert planning.

alwmt

I would have tried out for the musicals in high school. I wouldn't have backed out of auditioning for the play here at my university. I would have more performance experience because I wouldn't be so afraid of people watching me on stage. I would have told guys that I liked that I liked them. I think I could be a pretty bold person if I didn't have a social phobia.

Ventrilotwo

I'd have moved out and would love to go to MIT or caltech but i'm way too scared to leave my city, let alone my house :(

proudmummy

I'm quite talented with art, so wouldve definetely made something of myself. And probably wouldnt of had a baby, but I'm happy with my life in that sense, I love my little boy.

Also would have loads of friends, great social life & probably wouldnt have my partner of 4 years, I've wanted to finish with him in the past but where hes one of the very few people I'm comfortable with I'm always too petrified to finish it as I doubt I'd ever meet anyone again where my social phobia has quadtrupled since i've been with him.

I'd be circling the planet on a space station or shuttle.

Deep Purple said:
We had a lot of luck on Venus
We always had a ball on Mars
Meeting all the groovey people
We've rocked the Milky Way so far
We danced around with Borealis
We're space truckin' round the the stars
Come on let's go Space Truckin'

Remember when we did the moonshot
And Pony Trekker led the way
We'd move to the Canaveral moonstop
And everynaut would dance and sway
We got music in our solar system
We're space truckin' round the stars
Come on let's go Space Truckin'

The fireball that we rode was moving
But now we've got a new machine
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah the freaks said
Man those cats can really swing
They got music in their solar system
They've rocked around the Milky Way
They dance around the Borealis
They're Space Truckin' everyday
Come on

chris420

Actually this is a pretty important question almost all SA therapies will get you to think about this. Try and think about all the different aspects of your life and how they would be different then keep visualising that. If it's hard to imagine at the moment try starting with a few basic, concrete things you know you want in your life.

bretters

oh god - this question.....time to dream.

i wouldnt of droped out of high school, i would of carried on happy and social, i would of been more comfortable in my sexuality. gone to college, at uni now doing psychology and playing guitar better.

Although i think my depression and SA have given me different dreams now.... i guess i just wanna be great at music and know the business, just be apart of it.

its fun to dream - i spend far to much time doing it and not acting on it!!!!