When is the right time?

Kanon

Recently, I was introduced to a girl through a friend, and after a few weeks of hanging out with her, she offered to have sex with me. We have a lot of the same interests, and I do like her, but we never mentioned dating eachother at all. Plus, I am still a virgin and she is a several years older than me, and has a lot of sexual experience.

I'm kind of afraid to go through with it altogether, but what I fear the most is getting attached to her afterward, when in reality she probably doesn't want anything to do with a relationship.

Help?

Lexmark

ffs man
grow some balls
You got a chick offering....thats all u need to know
have a wank b4 hand if u worried bout pre mature

RedRibbons

Why don't you find out if she does want to date? I wouldn't suggest having sex with someone, when it doesn't mean that much to them...

Kanon

Icarus and Lexmark bring up a good point, but at the same time, it is easier said than done. :oops:
Two years ago, I was afraid to even go near a girl and now it seems my desires have kind of backfired.

RedRibbons, you have a good point. The first chance I have at a real relationship and it could blow away that easily. I'll try talking to her about it, but that might kill the "mood" if you will.

Maybe I'm over thinking this?

PlaceboEffect

Go for it.

Here is a quote I have for you:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do."
-Mark Twain

sketchy24

Being somewhat of a hopeless romantic, the sex has gotta mean something... I really don't care if I ever have sex but if I ever find that special someone I can be my complete self around and love to death, I'm all hers and she gets first dibs :D

shield

Just let go. You need to just have sex with this girl. If you don't you will lose her anyway you will just prolong it. Just try and if you fail then you know you tried to move forwards in your life. If you don't she will just do it with some other guy.

Dave_McFadden

I don't know how old you are, but I suspect that if you look around on some of the forums on this site long enough, you could find a posting from someone twice your age who has never experienced intimacy (of any kind) with the opposite sex. Do you want to be that person?

Maybe it'll turn out that the two of you don't want the same thing. The odds of you going through your entire life without ever being disappointed or crushed by unmet expectations are slim to none. And, if she's more experienced than you, who knows, you could learn something, even if in the end things don't work out relationship-wise. I mean, at least you'd be older and wiser because of the experience.

So, let us know how it goes... ;-)

Outshined

If you like her, then you should be seeing this as your chance. Try to give yourself some credit, and just go for it man. You don't need to worry about having a lack of experience, just don't lie about it. Worst comes to worst, at least you can say you tried... You've got it made. lol 8)

coriander1992

shield said:
Just let go. You need to just have sex with this girl. If you don't you will lose her anyway you will just prolong it. .

I'm sorry but what!?
If she's going to leave him because he doesn't have sex with her then is she really worth it! :roll:

Don't have sex with her just because you think you might not get another chance, you'll only regret it in the long run.

Kanon

So I went through with it.. but I dont feel any remarkable change in myself. Its not like I regret it in the least, but it would have been nicer to wait until I met a girl with the same feelings for me as I had for her.

I told her that it was my first time, and she sort of directed me, but it wasn't that bad. Even though I have spent the night at her house the past few days, our relationship seems to be stuck on just friends. The whole thing is still pretty embarassing, but I do feel a bit more confident.

shield

shield wrote:
Just let go. You need to just have sex with this girl. If you don't you will lose her anyway you will just prolong it. .

I'm sorry but what!?
If she's going to leave him because he doesn't have sex with her then is she really worth it!

Don't have sex with her just because you think you might not get another chance, you'll only regret it in the long run.

Why would he regret it? C'mon guys don't regret sex only girls do.