When people ask you "What's wrong?"

Johno

I understand the sentiment.....It happens to me regularly. It first started in a history class years ago.. My teacher singled me out as the boy that does not ask questions. He would always give me a hard time because of it... I was always singled out by that bastard..... If i saw him today .... Words would be exchanged................

Johno

Well I'd like to meet with my ignorant ****wit's of the past..... They all have something in common. They asked..... "whats wrong?"

M1tCh

Banned
I understand why people get annoyed by this, but at least someone's showing some concern; however assumptive or superficial it may be, but hey: It could lead to something more. Maybe further socialization, a possible friendship, and so on. Give it a try. I know it's not easy, but your attitudes suck. Sorry if people make you feel bad by asking such questions or if this post hurts anyone's feelings, but you guys need to get over yourselves sometimes. It's pretty sad.

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

I understand why people get annoyed by this, but at least someone's showing some concern; however assumptive or superficial it may be, but hey: It could lead to something more. Maybe further socialization, a possible friendship, and so on. Give it a try. I know it's not easy, but your attitudes suck. Sorry if people make you feel bad by asking such questions or if this post hurts anyone's feelings, but you guys need to get over yourselves sometimes. It's pretty sad.

Well well,we've told them before and we're gonna tell them again.We're seperated from the pack and don't like being with them.Your words have some truth,but it might lead to some sin.
The people that Ask are most likely trouble, coming the sass and then Mercilessly burst our bubbles.
But then theres an exception,to when they have the right perception of our emotional sections and show compassion to our oppression.
I'm saying this out of experience,to them,we're deviant.Always looking for clearance on our apparent shady appearance.As always,they become victims of misunderstanding.They want us to be happy and think everythings bright and dandy.They wanna get you to believe that they're friendly,not enemies.But when your gone they talk behind your back saying your a weakling.They say our attitudes suck when we don't want to depend on luck and put ourselves out on sale when we're looking pale and fail.Spreading tales about your personality,preaching about your minority and offensive sororities.It's a sad day and time and I don't know why they commit these emotional crimes.Those words are a primal example why we don't trample each other trying to get samples.You don't need to or have to be sorry,it's not about sympathy,we need empathy M1tchy.

This is coming from a hurt person here,but I'll be honest,it almost left me in tears.But out of all those years I've never stopped to fear the possibilities of being smeared.I'm sorry,but your the kind of peson that would make me feel bad for not being glad because apparently we're sad and mad.

Joan6466

Body language is learned, and you want your body language congruent with the situation you’re in. For example, I remember a student who looked so pleasant and open that when she rode the metro people would come up and sit with her- and that’s not what she wanted, and especially the type of people who were approaching her.
In her situation she needed her business body language- it’s not a mean look but a neutral look- think of a newscaster- or that look when you’re reading an article that interests you- you’re not smiling- your chin is level, not in a deferential position. You can relearn healthier more appropriate body language that gives the right signals at the right time. If you were walking down a dark alley at midnight, you’d have a totally different body language – a “don’t mess with me” appearance.

When people say, “what’s wrong”- that’s a good cue for you- good data that you need to change something. I had to do it myself- I gradually realized I was frowning a lot- furrowing my eyebrows together- so I was accidentally inviting the very thing I didn’t want in those days—attention!

There is affiliative body language- the look of friendliness- there is assertive body language- when you want to say something and want people to take you seriously. There is aggressive body language- for when you are threatened. When we suffer from social anxiety we feel threatened, so a lot of times we accidentally carry the wrong body language. It’s learned and you can memorize body language that works for you, not against you. (An interesting side note; I found many times people needed assertive skills (skills of defending and protecting themselves) before they were willing to risk a more open body language.)

Thanks for such a good topic.

Richey

its very annoying when people do it, i never say it to people unless its bleeding obvious they are in pain or really sad about something, but if you are just straight faced and going about your business its really odd if someone asks you "are you alright" ..because its just a startling question that is garuanteed to equate to an awkward moment unless you say "never better" or something to ease the moment a little....

its sort of like someone asking "why are you quiet" ...i should then respond with "why did you ask me that"? or "why are you loud and so needy" ..ok that's a bit pushy but what's with the interrogation...especially from people you may not know all that well..

Last edited:
I used to get that a lot in highschool, it was very annoying and gave me a complex for a while. Also being told to smile I think is rude, Ive had people do that as well, its like "what? you want me to smile so you can feel more secure??" Don't tell me what to do with my face lol.
Im not going to walk around with a cheshire cat smile to make everyone feel better.

ludovico

when someone asks me that kind of idiocy, im strongly tempted to punch that motherf....r; but then i start to stutter.. and that's all :mad:

Shift

I hate when that happens...

I went to a concert with my best friend last week and I was feeling perfectly fine and then he started getting mad at me for "looking miserable" and then of course I started crying after that and I really was upset.

xxaimsxx

I really cant stand it to be honest with you because 1. Theres normally nothing wrong and 2. even if someone asks you 'whats wrong?' and you reply with a whole list of things they wished they never asked in the end. So basically arkward for everyone!

When i was younger i never used to talk and people always used to say it. Not so much now but yeah still annoying as hell.