Whenever you leave the house do you HAVE to be wearing makeup?

Whenever you leave the house do you HAVE to be wearing makeup?

• Yes, a lot of it

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • No, none

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, Just a little

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • Sometimes/Depends

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Never

Votes: 33 23.7%

• Total voters

Pink_Paula

I tend to not wear a lot of makeup when i go out, if i do i only put on mascara and lip gloss. In my head i think if i put on loads of makeup people will look at me more because i've gone to the effort of making myself look half decent and i much prefer it when people don't notice me at all.

neko

I don't quite know what to answer. My situation is this:

I don't need to wear makeup to go out. I spent much time out without it and feel comfortable. However, I love it, so I do wear some sometimes.

limetree

No cakeface for me, good hygiene is enough. I used to eat fruity chapsticks as a kid though.

I don't wear makeup for a number of reasons. I touch my face a lot and I'm paranoid that I will rub it and be walking around with smudged makeup all day, I suck at applying it, and it doesn't even help me look any better.

Emily_G

I voted "Sometimes/Depends". If my skin is clear that day, not necessarily. If I'm going somewhere nice I almost always wear eye make up. If my skin is gross that day and I'm going outside of my house I wear a little to cover it up.

lunarla

I wear mascara and a powder-based foundation which basically just evens my skin tone a bit. It's sad though how dependent I've become on wearing it.

Kat

I am the girl with the cake face I wear it around just being around the house. I think you should do what makes you happy I can understand the natural look to some extent but we all make self improvements one way or the other even the most naturally gorgeous person in the world has to at least brush their teeth to stay that way. I feel more liberated to wear make- up then not to because most people want to see you with-out any on and I feel by wearing it I am doing what I want.

emmasma

My mom was very anti makup and I did not have a lot of friends in school so I never really learned. I try it some times but it never seems right and it makes me all paranoid.

LadyWench

I used to be that way. When my agoraphobia was easing up a bit a few years ago, I refused to leave the house without make-up and with greasy hair. I knew everyone would be looking at me and judging me. Plus, hating the way I looked didn't help matters.

I do still prefer to go out in public looking decent, but I don't NEED to be wearing make-up to go outside to just check the mail anymore. I can go places without getting all dolled up. I'm glad for that, but still absolutely can't stand my appearance.

Hair has to be perfect and frame my face in the right way,
Clothhes have to make me look as thin as possible,
And Makeup has to emphasise im female!

Ive so much respect for those who can pull off the no-makeup look!

I wear mascara and a powder-based foundation which basically just evens my skin tone a bit. It's sad though how dependent I've become on wearing it.

Same here. I wear just enough to feel like I look presentable although every once in a while I'll leave the house au natural. My hair's the biggest issue, it's naturally blond-ish so if it's not squeaky clean it's totally apparent and makes me super self-conscious. I'm one of those people who dresses pretty much the same whether I'm going to work or to the store. I like to look nice and I don't think there's anything wrong with that...until it becomes a fear of frumpy-ness! lol

SpLynx

I was not leaving home without make-up till I met my husband. He made me feel safe and believe I am naturally beautiful. Now I can go out without make-up, I feel free at last because make-up is a trouble and takes time.

kittypants

for most of my life i had to. its only been about the last month that i totally stopped wearing any at all- even to work! i feel a lot better about myself not wearing any.

Forgotten-Children

How about... never? I hate make-up. :/ Whenever I think of make-up, I think of the preps that picked on me at school. In my mind, you don't need make-up to be a good person (unfortunatly a lot of people didn't agree with me in school. >-> )