• Common friends

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Some family member introduced him/her to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At school/university

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • At my work place

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • On the Internet (chat, forum, social network)

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • On the street

• In a leisure place (disco, pub, party)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other place/situation

• Total voters

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Online. I never had any intention of meeting anyone from the internet let alone dating them but some things just happen. She was always one of those people I was excited to see logged on (sorry, I can't help but have favorites!). The feelings steadily grew from little crush to big crush, that I tried to fight as I didn't have much faith in online or long distance relationships.Threw that idea out the window and decided it was something worth going for even if it didn't work out, she was great and worth the risk. I'm glad I did :) The internet made it easier to open and get close on levels I can't irl, it's a tool I am glad existes in my lifetime.

twiggle

I'm not with anyone at the moment but when I have it's been either through friends or on evenings out. The latter never had much longevity to it, though. So I don't look on nights out anymore.

I hope the next person I am with is somebody who I have been platonic friends with for a while first. I think that would ease the whole 'change' thing that has so often been a barrier for me when it comes to dating.

xDreamseller

Wow this thread took off quick after being resurrected!

No partner now, only girlfriend was someone who I was friends with at school for about a year prior. Then we began talking more and more online at night and at school for a few weeks then eventually plucked up the courage to move things to the next stage. Being friends first didn't really help things and it fell apart pretty quick. In fact, I think being friends first made it feel weird...for me anyway.

razzle dazzle rose

Where I spend most of my time: online. I would like to meet someone like at a bookstore or something. Like how it happens in the movies. I feel a little ashamed when people ask me where I met my boyfriend. People have these ideas about it. Yeah...