Who else hates the summer ?

I hate the summer because all of the idiots seem to come out and hang around which makes my anxiety worse, plus the kids are all off school running around the streets. I'm not really bothered about the small kids its the older kids (14,15,16 yr olds) that really make my anxiety really bad. Plus i feel very lonely because everybodys out enjoying themsleves and im just stuck in my room all day.

Can anybody else relate to this ?

Thanks

Regal70

I know how you feel I used to hate the summer when I was a teenager --exactly for the reason you said. Everyone was outside running around having fun (or so it seemed) while I was sitting in the house bored. At least in the winter everyone else is in the house too so you don't notice it much. At one time in my life I used to actually like "disasters" (hurricanes, etc) because it cleared everyone else off the street. I guess that sounds kind of wierd. When I got older I always had jobs in the summer to keep me busy so it didn;t bother me nearly as much.

Anonymous

i totally relate to this, especially the groups of teenagers just hanging around! im always sure they are staring at us and laughing.

arlequin

Many sp people say so and I used to hate summers. But now I have realised that there is not reason for that, you can do stuff: walking, visiting museums... You don't need people for doing that. It's true that with people it's much better. In the summer I have even made trips alone.

Anonymous

Yes I know what you mean I totally used to hate the summer when was a teenager too, I would feel isolated, stuck in my room. Everyone would be out enjoying themselves or off on holiday. I didnt have alot of friends, still dont really and it made me very depressed.

Anonymous

I am happy to know that somone eles hates summer I thought it was just me. I live on my own so I spend a lot of time alone too much time in fact.
Because I get depresed from feeling so isolated I do not have the inclination to go out. But if I did my anxiety would be there if I go to the park it is full of kids. If I stay home I have to hear the sound of silence at the moment I can't even bear to listen to the radio. Then I have next doors barking dogs who drive me crazy. I sound a right misery I know but at the moment this is how i feel.

monica

:? I dont know about summer but I dont like weekends cause its time to partyyyy
and of course I dont know enough people to party on weekend

Jarous

I can't say I hate summer, but it's far from my favorite season ... it's so hot, and I'd rather freeze than sweat (not that I do not sweat when it's freezing :()

And I relate to what you say - I get a lot of "You spend summer holiday at home? You're kidding me, right?" - it's not exactly enheartening.