Why did she block me on Facebook?

Misfit123

Me and this girl had a sexual relationship that lasted quite a while. I didn't want anything serious but i think she did. I didn't tell her that i didn't want anything serious until after we first slept together which i know wasn't exactly a great idea but nobody forced her to sleep with me and i never led her on.

Anyway, eventually i got back together with an ex girlfriend but i didn't tell her straight away. She carried on texting me flirty messages as she didn't know i was seeing someone else so i just ignored her texts/messages most of the time and thought she'd take the hint.

She eventually figured out that i was seeing someone else and seemed upset. I personally think that was ridiculous seeing as i told her i never wanted anything serious. I asked her if we could still be friends but she didn't seem too keen on the idea and said that she wanted some space. I agreed to that but so after a month or so of us not talking i messaged her on Facebook and asked if she'd like to meet up for a chat. We ended up meeting up and one thing led to another and we ended up sleeping together.

She seemed distant after that and said that she regretted it but we ended up meeting up a few more times when i contacted her. I know it was wrong but nobody knows but us so nobody got hurt. She eventually told me that she couldn't see me anymore as it wasn't right and told me to not contact her again.

In the mean time i got engaged and last summer i got married to my now wife. I sent a friend request to her again last week and a message saying that i missed talking to her as a friend. I never told her i'd gotten married because i didn't think it was relevant and she probably knew anyway as we have mutual friends.

She accepted my friend request but then when i looked at my Facebook yesterday i see that she's blocked me. I know she hasn't shut down her Facebook so why would she block me?

Do you think she's upset that i got married? Why would she be so childish? I've done nothing to her. :idontknow:

nodejesque

You should move on, and allow her to move on as well. Don't continue to string her along, it's obvious she had feelings for you and is conflicted. Be respectful of her space and your marriage. It's not true that "nobody got hurt" because it's obvious that she did. I think at this point you should respect that she has blocked you and move on.

MikeyC

Why would she be so childish? I've done nothing to her. :idontknow:
This is not true. You two had sex twice, and you didn't tell her you had gotten back together with an ex and you also didn't tell her you got married.

Whether you weren't intending to, you did string her along. You ignored her messages when you wanted her to "take the hint," but in her mind you're ignoring her for no reason, because she didn't know you had gotten together with someone else. You had sex a second time where "one thing led to another," so you did use her attraction to you for your advantage. I'm aware a lot of people do that, even women, but in this case it was not a good idea because she may have thought you wanted to finally take things further.

You have unwittingly hurt her. When she blocked you on Facebook, she must've seen you're married and she then finally realised that her infatuation with you wasn't getting anywhere and she had to take drastic action of blocking all contact with you. I've had to do it, and I'm sure you have, too. She's trying to protect her own feelings and emotions.

I'm positive you never intended to hurt her, but that's likely what's happened here.

You have to now accept that you won't be friends and that she's going to ignore you. I think that's for the best, anyway, considering you now have a wife.

Kiwong

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

*Karma, swings and roundabouts.*

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Me and this girl had a sexual relationship that lasted quite a while. I didn't want anything serious but i think she did. I didn't tell her that i didn't want anything serious until after we first slept together which i know wasn't exactly a great idea but nobody forced her to sleep with me and i never led her on.

It is YOUR fault for not telling her that from the beginning. You used her for sex, that's why you didn't tell her before sleeping with her. Admit it, you didn't give a damn.

Why would she be so childish? I've done nothing to her. :idontknow:

Her reaction is justified because you hurt her. Your victim-blaming sickens me.

I second what Mikey and Hellhound said. You've done nothing to her, really?

And the quota has been exceeded...

Last edited:

DepravedFurball

This has to be fake!

I was just thinkin' that myself... read through the initial post twice and couldn't help but shake my head and ask out loud "Is there seriously someone this ignorant?!"

Then I remembered that I was on the internet, Googled-image searched 'epic fail', and saw the truth for myself.

Ignorance knows no bounds. People that are entirely too self-centred don't know what it's like to feel empathy. And, finally, buddy up there is the type to run over someone in his car, and then complain that their mangled corpse dented his hood.

:thinking:

Odo

Banned
OP is either a troll or a raging narcissist.
On this forum, neither would surprise me!

Misfit123

I'm not narcissistic. I just don't get why'd she accept the friend request then block me. We haven't even seen each other for over a year so how can she be butt hurt over me getting married?

I'm not narcissistic. I just don't get why'd she accept the friend request then block me. We haven't even seen each other for over a year so how can she be butt hurt over me getting married?

"Butt hurt"? Really? And you're married. Is this really for real?

Like someone else said, maybe she accepted your friend request out of a desperate hope you were interested because, you know, maybe she still had feelings for you, saw you were married, couldn't handle it and/or felt it wasn't a good idea and blocked you. Why is that so hard to understand?

Also... I've had a year gone by and still had feelings for someone. They were less, sure, but still there. If you really like someone, those feelings may never fully go away, or it may take several years. A year isn't that long.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Crushes and infatuations - hell, even love - can last a lifetime.

From what I can gather, she accepted the friend request because a small part of her held out hope of the two of you getting back together, particularly because you were the initiator. When she saw you are married, she had to go into self-defence mode. She's upset.

EDIT: Opaline said exactly what I did, so it seems the issue is somewhat unanimous.

Last edited: