Why Hastur can't post

Hastur

Hi, my nickname is Hastur (from the Cthulhu mythos, "He Who Should Not Be Named"), and I was given the strange task of writing about my inability to write.
l am being given 6 minutes to preform this, and so far this paradoxical task is verily confounding me.
I really don't see how you people manage, I'm having quite a bit of difficulty composing this as it is.
I probably only have a minute or so left right now, so this is probably the last line.

Scottish_Player

Why not try telling us about yourself and your history of when it all started for you and what you think caused it for you.
How long have you been like this, just type anything that you think will fill the space on the screen it doesnt have to be super intresting :D

redlady

"inability to write.." - Of course i find this ambiguous because i have this annoying need to make things difficult - for myself. But is your inability due to not being able to think of anything to write or is it that posting messages makes you nervous? It is probably as plain as day to everyone else, but if i detect another meaning, no matter how slight, to something i become very indecisive and in a lot of trouble. Okay that's enough of that.
Just write about what's on your mind - if there are any questions you have been pondering - post them - Your'e sure to get a response. And if it's due to nervousness just remember wer'e all in the same boat - nobody is here to judge - we're all rather respectful of one another actually.
Okay then i'll seeya around. Oh wait there i also really love your avatar it reminds me of my own cat - too cute. :D

Chilling__Echo

hey there - don't be shy! we all feel the same, maybe not about writing (though i'm sure some do) but kudos to you for posting! i felt the same way when i first came here and it doesn't usually bother me so pat yourself on the back :D

post some more, your mystical-phantom-"who is this person, and what are they all about"-ism is suppenseful :D tell us about yourself

Chilling__Echo

oh yeah and i loooove your avatar hastur. i'll probably get this wrong but is it from kiki's mail service or something like that? i swear it looks like her cat and i'm strangely attracted to that show.

Hastur

redlady said:
But is your inability due to not being able to think of anything to write or is it that posting messages makes you nervous? It is probably as plain as day to everyone else, but if i detect another meaning, no matter how slight, to something i become very indecisive and in a lot of trouble.
Posting makes me nervous, which sort of makes my mind black out, thus making me not be able to think of much of anything..
It's easier when I'm replying to something, though not by much.

Mostly I just tend to postpone replying endlessly (I had an email I had answered 2 months after I recieved it)

btw, my avatar is Jiji, the cat from Kiki's Delivery Service, which I had cleaned up and colored some time ago.

paul

I could imagine feeling nervous when posting - it is sort of like talking to people. But unlike talking to strangers, here we are (well at least everybody I have come across) friendly and we can relate to how you feel.

I can't say this about the real world, but at SPW you can rest assured that people aren't judging you negatively just by some posts. :)