why the hell cant we x

kt2222

Hi.

without offence .. do we as suffers hear how silly we sound not that are problem isnt real and in my mind just as real as someone with a phyical illness. and sometimes i believe worse as there is no way of escaping our minds and nope no pause for recreational drug jokes there tut tut lol

i have been a long term sufferer but did beat this for a number of months only to stupidly miss the little signs and way hey started sliding down that very slippery slope i hit rock bottom back this june and boy did i come down with a smack! ha ha

we all no and i no that this is all in our head... primal instinct.. cave man trait whatever you want to call it we have programmed our mind to fear something .. just as a child learns to fear a spider or heights... however as adults are complex thoughts send a fear in to over drive.

i think that we as sufferers over analyze this... we are infact very very clever people begin able to brain wash ourselves lol :lol:
does anyone think that as we have programmed our brains to scared that technically with enough effort we could almost reverse it... over time.

i am a point with this where i either FIGHT this or admit defeat and learn to live the rest of my life with this condition.
drugs and medication are great and i would never suggest these methods not be avalible to us suffers as many sufferers do have underlying depression etc...

I think sometimes we pity ourselves.. make excuses and i believe sometimes damn right refuse to help ourselves. we need to get up off our arse's and think we are no longer wanting to live this way because if we dont we might as well just carry on sitting in our homes etc watching the rest of the world having a bloody good time.. i dont no about you lot but i want me some of that! ! :lol:

we all need to make that effort ! on a good day do something as little as it may seem to the non sufferer standing next to you but so when you go to sleep you no you did everything in your power thay day to beat it... when the bad days come along lets all think of them as a speed bump! everyone has them just never look as them as a failure. never let anyone tell you , YOU CANT BEAT THIS because WHY THE HELL CANT WE!

i hope this message has not offended anyone never my intention x x x gd luck to you all :p

turko

well i feel the same you do. good on you. yes the only thing we fear is fear its self. you keep telling yourself that your are to scared and frighten to leave the house you become to believe it. agoraphobia is a learned behavior you are teaching yourself stupid irrational thoughts . everyday i do something to conger my battle and it might seem like the silliest thing to do but i do it otherwise i will end up housebound. and yes iam not ready to give up my freedom. so yes there is no reason in world you cannot beat this horrible condition. iam a 46 year old women who has had agoraphobia for the best part of my life.

kt2222

i think also we get in to a routine.. do you ever find that as a sufferer.. you have automatic responses.. such as friend asking you to go shopping before you have even considered it you already answer i cant!! :eek:
i think breaking routine is also a good thing to try

I know from experience if someone had told me to fight it at my worst point.. many of you no just trying to make it through the day is a challenge.. constant fear panic attacks that lead in to panic attacks not being to sleep because you are literally so on edge the chance of shut eye is near on impossible.

But i also think that if you do wake up one morning with a bit of fight in ya go with it. absolutley nothing to lose...x