WHY

Anonymous

my partner has ocd and has had it for many years,i am finding this hard to live with.but now over the last couple of months his son is also starting to show signs.i dont know if he has ocd or is just copying what his dad does,the son is 17

Warlock

Age 16-17 is when personality and mental disorders clearly appear and are diagnosable. They usually don't diagnos them before then. The son probably does have OCD because he is acting that way at that age. Even if he is copying his father to some extent, that doesn't mean he doesn't have the disorder.

juliejinxx

You might suggest to his father that his son go see a Psychiatrist to be tested to see if he might have it and that you and his father sit down and discuss it with his son. Sometimes people with mental disorders don't want to except the fact they have something wrong with them but what you can do is offer support and what would help you understand ocd is to do research on it and find a web site that offers help for people like you that deal with people with ocd so maybe it might help you better understand it if it is hard for you. It is hard to know if someone is copying someone else but I know from experince that i got my ocd i feel through my father because he use to show the sighns that i have but he never got dianoised with it and he won't except to listen to what anyone hast to tell him and i don't even see my dad anymore. I feel for sure my dad has ocd because i think back to my childhood of how he use to act.