work

Anonymous

hi everyone i was just wondering what kind of jobs you all have, and whether your SP affected your choice of work?

LilMissTragic

I dont work. I tried and failed miserably. So, instead I have been doing distance learning courses to get me to the job I really want to do. Then again, some of the courses i did out of pure boredom.

wistful_dementia

Cool. I'm doing some distance courses and a few actual classes to eventually get the job of my choice. What courses are you taking?

As far as my dream job... I think that it would be cool to be a professor of philosophy or a research (experimental) psychologist. I really have to deal with my SA before I reach that level.

As far as my current job... I work at my schools open computer lab. There really isn't too much social interaction going on here.... I occasionally do a minor repair on a computer and watch people sign in and out of the lab. Occasionally I am forced to have to speak with people one on one and go throught the usual anxiety and SA symptoms. But, for the most part after 9mnths of being here, I have become custom to most of the people that use the lab. Besides, the occasional stranger.

loucat

i work as a nurse and sometimes i get so anxious with aspects of the job that i wonder why i'm doing it. I know i would enjoy my job far more if it wasn't for SP. Recently i have seriously considered changing careers due to this

tommydog

im in the computer graphics\media field. atm im not working because i am bieng a lazy useless bum :lol: definetly res for new year is get up and get paid !

also i am a brush and colourbond fencer. brush fences are uniquely australian as far as im aware so i dont expect most people here to know what they are :)

loucat bieng a nurse is a damn hard job and a big responsibility, iv got alot of respect for nurses, i certainly dont have what it takes and i think that goes for most people, so dont be so hard on yourself !

loucat

thanks
i have seriously considered going into the funeral industry. it has always interested me, and as i'm feeling brave at the moment i might explore this further

Crimefish

Well, I'm still doing my GCSEs... I repeated year ten and now I'm finally in year 11. I don't go to school though, I have home tutors. Lately they started to give me panic attacks so my psychiatrist told them to give me a 3 week break.
I want to live in Japan and be an animator. I want to go to the Yoyogi Institute of animation. I'm learning Japanese, but with my SA the way it is, I can't even be in the same room as anyone who isn't a doctor or a family member.

tommydog

--------

crime fish,i dunno if your male, female, or what, but i got a story for ya anyway :lol:

when i was at college, it was when id just started really getting better, i mean i was still having alot of problems, but the panic attacks were few and far between, and when i did have them, they were much milder than full blown ones i used to have.

aaaanyways point is, there was this girl in my animation class, man this girl she was real knocked around you know, only the lord himself knows what was going through her head. She used to dress like a homeboy, plus she had real short hair, she used to like disguise herself under those massive jackets pants, and baseball cap. She never spoke, the whole time i was in class with her im pretty sure i never heard her say anything.

Anyhow, point of this story is a bit of inspiration, this girl was gifted, she was probably the best in our course, regardless of how her mind was playing games with her.

So good luck crime fish, you know animation is hard work though right ?? :lol: like im sayin, i think its easier to make a 12 mix of concrete and wheel it uphill in soft sand in a wheelbarrow at a building site than do animation :lol:

(im talking traditional pencil, paper, and lightbox here)

LilMissTragic

So Far I've done Earth Science, Animal care, Animal behavior, Falconry, The study of Mammals, Marine Science, Web design (bored that time), Art and soon I'm hoping to embark on either Ornithology or Zoology. As you can probably tell, I want to work within the animal fields. My main ambition is to go study wolves in Canada/Alasaka. If not that then I'll probably go for Falconer. I'm also a keen photographer and hope to mix that pleasure with my ambition.