would this be ocd, what should I do cbt or hypnosis

dohdoh181

I have a problem where I can't stop thinking about peeing. It stemmed from my ethics class where I constantly felt I had to go to the bathroom over a fearFears and phobias of going in my pants. When I was out of the class it was gone for the day. The next year this would occur in my math class and somethimes other classes if I thought about it. The only rituals I recall were peeing before every class so I wouldn't think about soiling myself. During this year I also became a habitaul weed smoker, a heavy caffeine drinker, attended keggers every weeekend, and was on allergymeds with an already weak bladder (just thought I'd add that thinking one might of caused this). One day at school I brought this problem home with me and couldn't stop thinking about peeing. With some support from my folks I snapped my self out of it in a week saying caffeine was the enemy but continued to smoke weed still. A month later and then one night I awoke in fear of the fact I thought I was going to wet the bed. With this one my mind it got worse up until all my old symptoms were back. This time I blamed weed and stopped it completely. Thinking it was just withdrawal I let it run rampant for a month thinking it would end, two months gone by and its still here but not as bad. I first thought I had GAD but my doctor told me it was more on the the lines of OCD which frightened me. I no longer fear peeing myself (or so I think) for its impossible unless you let yourself go, yet I still constantly think about peeing, perhaps I developed a fear of peeing in general.

I'm currently on ativan to stop the anxiety from the thought which works. I'm in the process of scheduling CBT sessions but I have another solution that may work... hypnosis. I figured I can tell the hypnotist to make me no longer afraid of soiling myself or have make me only think about peeing when my bladder sends a signal like I used to. So this is where you guys come in, I need help this time around for I know I can defeat it once again.

Helyna

Personally, I don't believe in hypnosis. I know someone who claims to be very sensitive to it, but I think she's extremely rare. Don't paying tons of money for a sham. Keep off the caffeine and weed, and look into a more reliable way to fix your problem.