Would you rather be an extrovert if you could?

Marin

What I mean by that is, if you could would you become an extroverted, outgoing person, or would you prefer to stay an introvert(if you are one) but one that doesn't have social phobia? Or do you think deep down you're really an extrovert but your SP keeps you from acting like your true self?

sensitive

this is a good question. honestly, i would like if i were extroverted because i believe i am deeply social, friendly much more without SA. i like to share people activities and dialog but like any introvert i like to be alone for a while to relax. i think both (being extrovert or introvert) have strenghts and weaknesses so i prefer to be more extrovert but still entrovert, to be totally an extrovert doesn't sound good to me.

Marin

Yeah, there are definitely strengths and weaknesses to both and it'd be nice to pick and choose :) I can be very talkative and seem outgoing once I'm friends with someone and once I trust them, and then at parties there have been times where I tried to act like I was very outgoing, but I would feel worse afterwards because I felt like I wasn't acting like myself. And I've known a few "loners" who weren't really shy, it was just their personality to be more reserved. I feel like I might not have such a problem with being quiet or a bit shy, if it wasn't for the anxiety. Although if I was more outgoing, certain things would be a whole lot easier.

Kalima

Well my case is a special one I guess. If someone is nice, I can pretty much say anything I want around them without fear of saying the wrong thing or being completely anxious. But I do become unfortable when doing things that should be simple: walking around without feeling like everyone's watching me. So in that sense, I would like to be more extroverted but my actual personality I like as is.

Good question Marin :lol:

Toad

I would like to stay introverted...minus all of the worrying of course. I have never been to a party and I would like to keep it that way...I will never drink in my life, and to me, being an extrovert means drinking (yes i know thats not how it is, but thats how i feel). I like to keep to myself and a select few others.

last2no

I would want to be an extrovert so that I can reach out to people more. When I'm comfortable with someone, I can really be outgoing. It's the initiative to get to know someone and the ability to reach out at first that really have keep me from connecting with people.

However I would always hold on to parts of me, such as being nice to others.

Johnie

There's more to it than that.

You can be an extrovert and be a herd animal. Crave so much to get on with people that you end up doing things you don't like. Like maybe over the top drinking or making a fool of yourself.

Or you can be an extrovert and be a leader. This is the thing to be - you are the alpha male (/female?) and the crowd follow you!

The world BELONGS to people like that!

Johnie.

black_mamba

I'd rather be me without the anxieties and insecurities. Whether that be introvert or extro I don't really know/care. :p

Moonie

I'd definitely want to be an introvert- just a more secure one! I can get annoyed with those people who talk all the time, party, etc.! I mean, they could be fun, but there is something beautiful and mysteious about an introvert! I'd just want to be more secure as I said.. not appear as weak and afraid.

Carina33

I sometimes enjoy being loud andthe center of attention when I am with people I am comfortable with. But I often find that I strongly despise myself when I become like that. I would much rather continue being my usual introvert, but, I would like to be able to talk like a normal person when I have to.