wtf!!??

myob

Sigh. Reading some of these posts makes me really depressed. I hope I dont fall victim to this ridiculous disorder. I have a slight form of it but its really starting to annoy me. I feel like im gonna cry after reading some of the stuff you guys post.

Scottish_Player

Hi MYOB,welcome to the forum.

what do you mean when you say that you have a slight form of it? i think most sociable and out going people could say they have some form of it,it dosent mean they have SA/SP as not everyone is confident in every situtation unlike people with SA/SP who feel it in most situations.

Sorry if i sound rude i dont mean to :)

myob

well when i say slight, im not afraid to talk to people or anything, im self concious. sometimes i just get bogged down and its like my brain stops working.

chacha85

hi myob,
try to stay positive; if you are not suffering as much as most of the people on this site then it should be easier for you turn things around and become more confident.

Scottish_Player

hi again myob can i say somthing here and i dont want you to take it the wrong way,if you think you only have a slight form of it then the worst thing you can do is read about it as this will only make it worse for you by seeing and reading about other peoples problems.

i know its not easy to do but if you can just try and forget about it and not worry over it it will get easier on you,it may not be possible to forget completly but just try to put it to one side :)

myob

I know i try doing that and when i do, it actually gets a bit easier. But all the sudden, something in my mind is just like- you suck, and then i fall back down.

GettingThere

If you're borderline SA then I would recommend doing something to bolster your self-esteem before you fall victim to this thing.

But doing something I refer to maybe reading a good book like one of Dale Carnegie's books or taking a course, whatever, because this whole thing is mostly about bad learned behaviour and its harder to change the more it is developed - a bit like a bad disease.

StreetWorm

Yeah, I agree with everyone on this.

For me just deciding that I needed to make some changes has made me really happy. I still haven't made a ton of progress but just deciding that I had a problem and needed to change it really has helped me out a lot. I'm much more optimistic right now too and I used to worry A LOT about little everyday things and now I'm pretty much content with those same things I used to worry about.

Good luck man, we're rooting for ya.