yay!

corrinaelizabeth

woo hoo i managed to get on the bus on my own and travelled to a town(it took an hour both ways to get there and bac) 4 the very 1st time in my life ever!(im 22!)
i just thought right im so bored(was also having bf trouble)and so put on my cd player and away i went!
does ne 1 else find that if u r upset or angry its better 2 do stuff on ur own,it must b coz ur 2 busy focusing on ur feelings rather than ne thing else.im so glad i managed it and really felt lke i achieved something,i felt a bit daft being 22 and have never been on a bus b4 on my own,im so happy!

IceLad

Congratulations and well done corrinaelizabeth! 8)

I know exactly what you are talking about- I remember my first experiences using public transport for the first time. You feel so proud after you've actually done it.

Few weeks ago, I managed to get on a plane for the first time on my own. Now that I've done that, there's going to be no stopping me travelling the world!

corrinaelizabeth

hey!thank u its so nice when some1 congratulates u,but hey uve done something amazing!i could never imagine goin on a plane alone how scary!!!!
im gona aim 2 go on a plane alone tho,it would be a gr8 experience!
so well done and lets hope u do it again! :D

IceLad

Thanks corrinaelizabeth.

I'm already planning my next holiday using air transport and aim to go soon. :)

I think one of the key things that I've come across time and time again trying to overcome SP, is to take small steps at a time i.e. to aim for a goal and gradually build things up so you get closer and closer to it.

Good luck with your travel plans!

:) :)

Scottish_Player

corrinaelizabeth said:
woo hoo i managed to get on the bus on my own and travelled to a town

Congratulations :D I hope its the first of many new things for you, i truely understand the feeling, its like being untied and allowed to be free like everyone else.

Dont you find after you do something like that, that it was never as bad as you though?

IceLad

I find that Scottish_Player.

Fear is one of my worst enemies. If you've never done something before, you mind builds up all these irrational fears about what will happen, and when you finally pluck up the courage to do it, most of the time you fears are unfounded, and that it wasn't that bad at all.

It makes you wonder why you didn't do it much sooner!

corrinaelizabeth

i know what u mean,after i managed it i thought wow what was the big deal?why had i never done it before??it just shows if u want something bad enough if u push urself u can achieve it!
Thanks for the congratulations scottish player :D