you are what you eat??

Anonymous

Im curious. what do you people eat..? exemple me..i drink a lot of milk!! but only because i was skinny, before when i was young, all my mom gave me was coke and orange crush lol. Now some dude is telling me that milk has a lot of growth hormones in it, and it maybe causing my adhd, s/p maybe. Do yall drink a lot of milk? or sugar...beer?

LA323

I drink ALOT, but i mean ALOT of soda especially coke, but i dont think it has to do with SA at all, but who knows, im stupid ignorant and dont know shit, and only a professional can give me an answer, or some1 in this post that knows something about this. but good luck and keep fighting

Anonymous

Coke, Doritos dipped in Salsa... that's me a big

Codorsal (co-coke, dor-dortios, sal-salsa)

Ocassionally w/cheese 8)

Chilling_Echo

i eat like a freakin 5 year old. my taste is so immature. i hate going and eating diner at someone else's house for fear that there'll be something there i don't eat (which is a whole hell of alot of things). but mainly i eat salads, chicken, cheese, and ben and jerry's karmel sutra ice cream!!

Fredscars

practically anything.lol
tea is the main drink in my house though.
i eat just bout most thing, though im picky bout my meat

Anonymous

I knew a guy who used to drink 2 pints of that really creamy milk every day. He died of a clogged up heart in his early 20's caused by all the fat in the milk.

I did try to going on a bit of a health-kick a few years ago, cutting out all the junk type food, but I started having cravings in the middle of the night for things like chocolate or crisps....I'd have none in the house so would just stuff my face with toast or cereal and stuff until I felt sick. So now I always have some chocolate everyday and allow myself a little of the "unhealthy" stuff whenever I feel like it. All things in moderation.

The only things I can think of that I'm not so keen on are fish (they stink and I just hate those annoying little bones) - except fish and chips, and tuna, which, for some strange reason, makes me salivate the same way chocolate does.

I also don't like chick peas - I'm sure God never intended us to actually eat them.

blank

I'm a vegan ( a what ? ) which means I don't eat anything from animals.
I used to be vegetarian, and I drank tons of milk.
I have not noticed a change in my SA since giving up milk.
I did notice a change in the frequency of my migraine headaches though.
( They vanished for almost a year. )
You friend is right about the hormones. Farmers use all sorts of crap on cows these days.
(I'm pretty sure that the hormones would not cause SA though.)

If in doubt, replace your milk with soy milk. " Soy-milk ??? You have got to be f-in kidding .....milk from beans ??? "
Hey but really, it is all in how you think about ... after all, you drink coffee ... which is bean juice, chocolate ... which is sweetened bean paste , and that vanilla ice cream has vanilla beans in it.
( Besides ...real milk is just fluid from a cows breast ... sounds less appealing doesn't it ? )
Some brands of soy milk are just plain awfull tasting, but a brand we have here in the states that actually tastes better than milk is called "Silk" soymilk. (silkissoy.com)
Their vanilla 'milk' tastes so good I drink it plain.
Also they load their 'milk' with lots of vitamins and you dont have to worry about the fat and cholesterol in regular milk.

Oh crap ...I sound like a f-in commercial.

Anonymous

I drink more then I eat. At meal times, I drink around 3 400ml glasses of water. After that I don't getmuch food in there :D

But I guess I can look on the bright side. I'm as fluid as..fluid! lol :D

blank

worrydoll said:
cool sounds good to me blank..relating to the excessive dairy consumption of the past lol..yep..all that burfi *shudder* soya stuff is way better i love chocolate soya milk and smoked tofu...mmmm...not liking too much milk or cheese these days...ice cream though..yeah mmmmmm ice cream..i know you can get soya ice cream but its just not easy to get in a sudden icecream needing moment...im well impressed that youre doing the vegan thing thoug..are you straight edge?

Burfi ....Mmmmm ...sweetened condensed milk cooked into little blocks.

It's no wonder I have hypoglycemia and bad teeth now!

I do miss ice cream .... very much so.
I make my own now . Soy ice cream is ...allright, but I prefer this :

Try this at home folks : Take some vanilla soy milk ( don't worry as I stated before, not all brands are chalky and nasty.
Edit : take some Silk brand vanilla soy milk, a bag of frozen strawberries, blueberries or other frozen fruit ( if you peel --remember to peel them --- bananas and freeze them in a zip lock bag they work great as well - unfrozen bananas tend to just get mushy and are not as sweet as frozen bananas)
Take it all and throw it in a blender. In seconds you will have a creamy ( yes, creammy because of the bananas "mushiness" ) healthy milkshake. If you use less 'milk' it becomes thicker too.
This 'ice cream' is actually good for you because it has no added sugar ( the bananas act as a sweetner ) , a full supply of real fruit, plenty of protien and vitamins ... etc.
You can also use instant pudding mix to thicken it further if you want to eat it with a spoon --- but pudding has tons of sugar and other crap that is not so good for you . )
You can also use non dairy chocolate crap that usually gets squirtted on top of ice cream.
When you mix it into your frozen conction..."con-cock-shin" ( where is the spell check ? ) the chocolate crap freezes ito blobs like you get in rock road ice cream. Also you can mix nuts into all of this as well.

If you have friends I can understand how frustrating it is trying to be vegetarian .... or ( gasp ) vegan and eating out at restaurants.

Worrydoll have you tried Seitan ? I love Satan ...... uh ... I mean Seitan
it is made from wheat and sometimes called gluten.
I get burnt out on tofu.

Am I straight vegan ? Well funny you should ask because after three years straight, I thought I would suppliment my diet with 'Horizon organic' cottage cheese. ( its got tons of protein )
Since it was organic, and touted as coming from cows that are not factory farmed, I thought that the dairy farms might treat their cows better.
I placed a call to them asking what the fate of cows that no longer produce milk was.
The cows are sold at auction to slaughter houses that sell their flesh as organic beef.
" Ammusingly, the lady that returned my call stated that the cows are slaughtered and that she guessed that this meant that they were killed
...... uh ........ you ..... don't say ..... :roll:

I thanked her for her honesty.

I shall continue to be vegan.

blank

guywithnomoney said:
If you are what you eat i am AIR.

Hey there ...I'm not liking the sound of that.
I too starve myself.
I find that I get depressed even more when I starve myself.
( Nawww ..... really ....... duh )
It is an endless cycle - starve yourself because you hate yourself and are depressed -which makes you depressed and hate yourself - which makes you starve yourself, which make you depressed, which makes you hate yourself because you stareved yourself because you were depressed.

blank

worrydoll said:
oh man poor cows! i worry a lot about the mistreatment of cows in the dairy industry.

Yes, it is a fucked up, uncaring world we live in.

.i have phases of veganism but...i dont know i just...im just lazy i think..i havent tried Satan ;) ive never seen it but ill keep a look out in the health store.

( Seitan is made from wheat, and is a welcome break from soy. It is very high in protein as well - much higher than soy)
Supposedly it is also a very good imitation of meat. It is very chewy, rubbery, and can be flavored to taste like ...well whatever.

are you still abstaining from alcohol and caffeine etc?

I don't drink alcohol because I like to feel in total control of myself .
( Isn't that a joke ! )
I just don't care for it. ( Whattt ? )
Sorry .... I don't have anything against it in moderation .... I just don't care for it.
I don't need it , I don't want it , don't like it .... fuck it - I'd much rather watch someone else make a fool of themselves.

I'm experimenting with caffiene lately.( the last two or three months actually )
I find that hyplycemics are very easily affected by caffiene.
If I have just the right amount, I'm energetic, think sharper, and am actually in a better mood, BUT just a tad too much, and I get severly ( dangerously ) depressed.
I don't see anything ethically wrong with coffee. I do try and find the brands that don't use cheap ( a.k.a. slave) labor to harvest their product.

I try to stay away from honey due to the fact that I'm wierd, and I would rather get my sweetener from fructose . I do give some thought to the bees as well.

are you doing any forms of yoga or meditation? you believe in maya?

Yoga .... no . I need to. Supposedly it actually helps with depression.
The whole tie in to the Fishnuts leaves me with cold shoulders though.

Meditation ..... I meditate on well ... hmmm ... meditation ..whud dat ?

Do I believe in Maya ?
The Alias 3D version of MAYA . But I work in Animation:Master and am going to get ZBrush and XSI soon.

Huh ?

Uh ....nevermind.

Maya .... yea I agree that what goes around comes around, but no, I don't believe that people are born cursed. The Tsunami victims did not have that happen because they were in Maya.

I'll try and send you an email today or tommorow at your e-mail address that you have posted here.

blank

GettingThere said:
So, how do they make soy "milk"?

I have never noticed breasts on beans before.........

You have to think like a guy.
Guys see them everywhere ...even on beans . :lol:

EDIT : Just making a joke ladies. ( Actually, a lot of us guys could care less about your boobies. .... imagine that ! )

Anonymous

Im a chip with salt/pepper/vinegar and a bit of brown sauce , ussualy all i eat.

I hardly drink anything but water i go thru about 10-15 letres of water a day

blank

Anonymous said:
Im a chip with salt/pepper/vinegar and a bit of brown sauce , ussualy all i eat.

I hardly drink anything but water i go thru about 10-15 letres of water a day

I find that when I drink fluids, I lose my appetite.
I hope you are not staving yourself.
I have been there . I am a guy that is 5'6 and have weighed as little as 116 lbs at one time.
I would even 'forget' to eat.
I now weigh 126, but still I am terribly thin.
Everyone in my family has been skinny for generations ( on both sides of the family.)
I don't see how my family tree ever made it out of the stone age without dying off.
I am a vegan, ( the first person to do so in my family BTW . My grandfather, who was skinnier than me, insisted on meat at almost every meal. He died of a heart attack. )
I am so tired of the " no wonder your so skinny " line that everyone always gives me.
The fkers don't realize that I'm not eating .... [i]period.[/i]
Anyways ...back on track here... do you want to help yourself ?
I know part of you does...but the other part that hates yourself won't let the other side take over.
Please do yourself ( and us as well ) a favor and start eating more. You will find that when you starve yourself, you start to become even more depressed and seem to have even less of an appetite.
Your body will start feeding on itself to survive. Do you want to do that ?

Yes. I know...part of you does. If you are like me, you are too chicken shit to just shoot yourself, so you take a slow gradual method.
Sometimes there is a comfort in remaining depressed. ( A fear of change perhaps ? )

I'm there dude ( or dudette )
Since I am in the same 'boat' as you, I don't know how we can change.