You have only 3 months to live

Angel_Of_Death

Let's say you were diagnosed with a terrible illness like cancer, and the doctor told you that you have 3 months to live.

How would you live those last 3 months?

Would it change you?

Would it have any effect on your social anxiety?

I'm thinking in that situation, my social anxiety might disappear...and the reason for that is that most of us SA sufferers care too much about what others think about us. We also tend to always live for the future instead of the present, making ourselves more miserable and depressed. But if you know you only have 3 months to live, I'm assuming you wouldn't care much of what others think and you would live more for the present. Does this make sense, or would SA still be there ?

Livingwithoutlivin

That's kind of paradoxical though, because some people would be better off, if they were actually living for the future, and if they actually realized that what matters is what your doing for the future, and not this present moment, that the present will pass, and all that matters is that you work for the future. It really depends on viewpoint and just what somebody is feeling.

I have this theory that the Golden Rule has more truth to it than we know. I got this feeling that we are all born into our same lineage, and the true purpose of our lives ( under the presumption that we have lived many lives before, and many more to come) is to leave the world a better place, so that in our next lives we will come back to something better. So, they best thing you can do for yourself right now is be a strong, exemplary person to everybody you meet. Because who you are in the present affects and gives an example to your family and friends... and you will be the grandchild of your own offspring or that of your relatives, if you don't have your own. And they might pass down some really old stories about that great grandparent... who was you in another life... who was either a brilliant strong person or a crazy agoraphobic who nobody understood. So the type of person you are now is going to leave a legacy to your children and grand children, about how to approach and go about their own lives... though subtley... and in turn you will be born into what you left behind. So tommorow when you wake up in the morning, just remember that your current life is an example and a legacy that will greatly influence your next life and the people who will be your parents, and the way they will go about raising. And though it sounds like a very nutty idea, wouldn't this alone make you want to work harder in this life to make the next one better, not just for you, but for those you love?

I'd like to think it'd change something, but honestly I doubt it would.

Angel_Of_Death said:
the reason for that is that most of us SA sufferers care too much about what others think about us.

If I only had three months, I'd be that much more scared of having a bad social experience that I wouldn't have time to get over. At least with a projected 50 years left I can tell myself "it's not the end of the world, there's plenty of time to fix things later."

nephatitus

i would want to finish off the book series i would be reading right now, go back into the closet and finish off all my almost complete vidgames(i always stop at the final level), go back to my home country and see how everyone is doing, visit some of my relatives in toronto because the majority of them live there, bike 10x more often and finially go to hawaii and sleep all day in the sun :D

2Crowded

Im not sure but I bet it would make me soak every last moment from each day in...knowing that I was one day closer to the end...I think I would try to go sky diving least once....if the chute didnt open...i was a goner anyway :)