30+ &Fabulous? :)

panicsurvivor

I remember when Call waiting was badass. When the only people who had cell phones were stockbrokers and they were huge and clunky. I am in better physical shape than I ever was when I was in my twenties. I also recall being broke 24 7. The one thing I do miss about my 20's, is partying. I use to go out to bars, and house party's, or just randomly walk around town. I would get drunk and stoned with my friends and strangers alike. It was all so fun......It is so boring now!!! Being in a bar now, feels like waiting in line at the bank:eek: I can't use drugs anymore, not because they are bad for me...... but because I don't like them!! LOL. Drinking get's in the way of my workouts, so that is kind of faded out as well. I guess what I really meant to say is not, I miss partying, it's that I miss liking partying. :D

Feathers

lol Survivor, don't you ever go dancing with da missus? (or just go dancing whatsoever?)

(my dad even goes dancing with his choir etc!! :))

dancing is kinda like workout/partying - so I still like it!! haha
I just drink water (best - better than alcohol!) and well, there are consequences after it (if being out too long) but it's still FUN!! :) haha

Great to hear you're in better shape, fitness and mental state than before!!

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm a 34 year old single guy, so my life hasn't really changed all that much. Until you get married or have children, it really doesn't have to. I also don't detect a drop-off in energy or feel age creeping in quite yet. I don't have any of the little cosmetic tells that go along with becoming an adult either; I'm bald, but that's not from aging, it started to go in my early 20's, it was a genetic thing. I have no wrinkles because I'm never outside to get sun damage, and I'm an artist so my imagination probably sustains and keeps me feeling child-like as well. Most of my married friends are miserable, with screaming kids and wives who don't sleep with them anymore or respect them. The married girls I know seem very lonely and unfulfilled despite being married and having children. Things could be a lot worse, being normal isn't what it's cracked-up to be either.

Feathers

lol Yeah I have dejavu too...

Okay girls (and boys) can we talk about other relevant things of this age group? :) lol!

After 30, certain things start like possible health problems (if you haven't been careful about nutrition/lifestyle etc before)... Young people can 'get away' with many things more easily...

People's expectations of you and the way people see you change too... Partly in good ways, partly in not so great maybe... I like being treated with more respect sometimes, it's still funny if people call me 'Mam' (I actually mostly hate that lol so don't attempt it) or use 'polite form' of speech etc.

Energy levels can change too, though some 40+ or 50+ or even 60+ people have way more energy too!! yikes
Sometimes I wish I'd be 75 or so, it seems like an age with much less problems than 30+....

anuskas

I belong to these age group. I´d like to be 18 again and know what I know today. I would improve my life a lot! I don´t feel bad about myself as I reached what many people without SP can´t achieve but as I am a perfectionist I´d like to be even better.

Tiercel

People's expectations of you and the way people see you change too... Partly in good ways, partly in not so great maybe... I like being treated with more respect sometimes, it's still funny if people call me 'Mam' (I actually mostly hate that lol so don't attempt it) or use 'polite form' of speech etc.

Recently I've been called "boss" several times. Most recently when I ordered a sandwich. "Have a good one, boss." On my way out the door I started wondering if I look like someone in a position of authority.

Still, I could be called worse.... :D

Kiwong

It's funny that the last three years from 46-49 have been probably the best of my life. I never dreamed, but dreams are like that they work away in the background and come true at the most unexpected of times. Of course I worked hard to achieve all this.

Times are uncertain, but I am thankful for those days. I never knew I was capable of feeling such pure happiness.

Moa

I'm going on 32... but I was pretty excited to get carded at a bar last weekend! That hadn't happened in a while. ::p:

I don't wish SA on anyone, but it's nice to see there's people in my age group that are dealing with this. I can't help but think I should have found a way to overcome it by now.

Agent_Violet

29 here... I think I'm starting to make peace w getting into my 30s. It means I still haven't hit my sexual peak yet and that is a load of fun to look forward to!

I'm disappointed I'm not further along in many things. I'm also annoyed over the fact that getting older has made me apologize less for being social awkward and for disliking most people in general. Lol I'm going to be a crotchety old cat lady:D

And omg Moa! You're in Va lady! That's right next to my state:) super cool! I never see locals here...well.. Not local to me anyway:D

KiaKaha

Banned
32 here. I was hoping I would grow out of my social problems by now, but its going to be stuck with me for life. I do know that there are a lot more worse off people than me, and despite not being the most....socially graceful, charismatic or successful person, I can still say that I have managed to have some interesting and positive experiences.
I dont think anyone ever gets it completely right anyway.

Penny420

I'll be 32 soon..like a few others on here I don't look my age either. If I'm out at a pub or dinner I get carded every time, it doesn't help that I'm barely 5' tall. :|
Everything was go go go in my early/mid 20s, I never really took time to breath. I had such bad anxiety leading up to my 30th bday. I thought life as I knew it was over, and any dreams I had or hopes of beating sa, depression, ect.. were over..because now I was just going to be old and crazy...
BUT being in my 30s' doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I find I enjoy little things more now. I'm more empathetic and actually have patients for once. So much more aware of whats going on around me(goodbye naive little penny). I eat healthier (slightly more paranoid of processed foods, but hey..not a bad paranoia to have).

30 isn't so bad.

-lonestar-

Man I really can't believe I'm 31 feels like I went to bet at 20 and woke up 11 years later with the mind of a 21 year old, I like looking young but still hate how the years passed me by and haven't enjoyed life as I should have, but I just pretend I'm actually a mature 21 year old lol so I don't get so down on myself, I still feel I will have my dreams come true because I can't accept defeat, and it's not fair that SP be the reason for it. Here's to us destroying this demon for good.

Last edited:

Moa

29 here... I think I'm starting to make peace w getting into my 30s. It means I still haven't hit my sexual peak yet and that is a load of fun to look forward to!

I'm disappointed I'm not further along in many things. I'm also annoyed over the fact that getting older has made me apologize less for being social awkward and for disliking most people in general. Lol I'm going to be a crotchety old cat lady

And omg Moa! You're in Va lady! That's right next to my state super cool! I never see locals here...well.. Not local to me anyway

When I was 29 I spent so much time worrying about turning 30, when my birthday finally came it was completely anticlimactic! ::p:

I've always figured I'd grow up to be a crotchety old lady... no cats though, last I checked I'm allergic. ;)

Which state are you in? Hiya neighbor!! :D

I'll be 32 soon..like a few others on here I don't look my age either. If I'm out at a pub or dinner I get carded every time, it doesn't help that I'm barely 5' tall. :|
Everything was go go go in my early/mid 20s, I never really took time to breath. I had such bad anxiety leading up to my 30th bday. I thought life as I knew it was over, and any dreams I had or hopes of beating sa, depression, ect.. were over..because now I was just going to be old and crazy...
BUT being in my 30s' doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I find I enjoy little things more now. I'm more empathetic and actually have patients for once. So much more aware of whats going on around me(goodbye naive little penny). I eat healthier (slightly more paranoid of processed foods, but hey..not a bad paranoia to have).

30 isn't so bad.

4'10" here! We can form our own Little People SA club ::p:

I wish I could be more empathetic. Something I need to work on...

Agent_Violet

When I was 29 I spent so much time worrying about turning 30, when my birthday finally came it was completely anticlimactic! ::p:

I've always figured I'd grow up to be a crotchety old lady... no cats though, last I checked I'm allergic. ;)

Which state are you in? Hiya neighbor!! :D

i'm in maryland:D