Amatuer writers.

Predacon

I've been known to type out a few short stories, don't think I'd be much good at Sitcoms though.

WeirdyMcGee

haha, sorry... the typo was kind of bothering me.
XD

I'm a lyricist.
I blame my dyslexia for my inability to be able to write anything longer than a paragraph... it all slowly stops making any sense at all.
Wrote some scripts in film school, wrote a play in highschool but I'm busy for now so my writing queue will have to stay on hold for awhile.

MaliceInWickedland

I love writing! I've been writing poetry and short stories since I was around... 10 I believe? I'm actually starting on a novel right now and one of my poems on Inkpop is going to be featured on its monthy Top Five soon. I'm really excited about that :D

I don't know how I would do with writing a sitcom but it sounds interesting :)

Waybuloo

Hey I used to write wacky stories which were really surreal. This was back in highschool. Although my friends all laughed at them, I doubt there is a market out there for my type of literature. They will just ring the men in the white coats. I always loved to write, but there needs to be inspiration and momentum. I don't know about sitcoms though.

Feathers

I love writing too and have a BUNCH of beginnings of novels, stories, poems, songs...

Sitcom? haha, I wanted to write one (or a few) for 'real' (then researched it heavily and convinced myself out of it, like most things lol)

With all the talent on the site and elsewhere online, it could be a pretty good sitcom yeah...
Sometimes I think my RL life would be a pretty good sitcom/Japanese or Korean drama too!! ('Nobody would believe it,' mum says tho!!)

What kind of sitcom did you have in mind, yeah? SA-themed or...?

Not sure how much time I could invest into this though, tbh - would watch anything with interest though!!

Alistair

I'm more of a lyricst/poetry, but I can write stories. Back in HS for me, the few friends I did have would sit at the computer and take turns writing paragraphs. This was pretty fun and great way to kill time during the cold winter months in Michigan.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at this, just to see how it goes. Might help me write more poems again since I've been on a blackout for nearly a year.

ScaredToBreathe

i love writing and want to be an author one day, but i dont know if it will ever happen...
id like to think im pretty good at writing, ive always been the best at english class in school and all my teahers throughout grade school and high school have told me how good i am at writing stories or essays.

and about where we should meet online, i'd say facebook. like make a facebook group for this and then people can join and post their ideas and things on the group's wall.

Last edited:

Feathers

Hmm, are you thinking of doing this 'just for fun' or maybe making a go of it 'for real' someday?

If you want to publish things or maybe copyright them later on (though this would need to be discussed among all authors I guess) it may be better to keep things behind a password-protected site... (publishers' rule, as far as I know...) On the other hand, it would make a lovely YouTube drama too, hm? And people could volunteer to record/edit episodes?

FB & Twitter are good for 'promotion/marketing' once you got something going, as far as I know...

I've seen 'stories' on forums too, so maybe it could be done here (or on another forum) too?
(Some forums and blogs can be password-protected too...)

I liked Cosby Show & Full House :) hehe - the idea is good, though characters need to be compelling (to differentiate it from other shows like That 70s show etc)
The people in the family need to be very different... And there must be conflicts of course lol...

Does the character have both parents or just one/extended family/other relatives?
Any siblings/neighbours/friends and what kind? Family friends? (Older/younger/same age...)

Who is the 'target market' and what is the 'message' of the show?

Feathers

Okay, main character could have a shy neighbour girl who might have a crush on him - she's 17-18yo, in high school, wants to become a scientist... (not athletic, so self-conscious)
She might have an annoying brother (or sister) or other relatives (eg cousin/s etc?)
Her sister wants to become Britney Spears and win American Idol :)

He could also have 2 younger sisters, OR brothers (or one of each) still in primary school - maybe annoying/endearing (?) Either small one/s or pre-teens/teens (you mentioned Cosby show/Full House, they had a mix of kids and teens there)
One of them HATES sports (?)

Or, if he's an only child, he could be 'spoilt' by parents, and his coz who's more 'tough' (& uncle/dad/mum...?) keep/s throwing it back at him?
Mum is a reserach scientist (or celebrity chef?) and wants him to 'focus'? hm?

If he left college his parent/s could keep telling him he's a bad example for the others?
(Oops, did he leave college? hehe, or is/was it just my interpretation?)

Just some thoughts... Keep or leave as you wish... :)

Last edited: