Amatuer writers.

thomas90

I write all the time!

Just started writing since I started college up again, a year ago.

Now i journal my thoughts down all the time, and learn from my own mind which is pretty awesome :D

But im not writing stories... Yet :) hehe

Checkonit22

Meeting places. So we'll eventually move away from this forum and have our own place to just write. More likely it'll be a blog.

I want to know do anyone have an experience with Google Plus? It's new, and I want to start something fresh.

Checkonit22

What's in a name? It's time to name the characters.

Dad: Donald Washington
Mom: June Washington
Eldest son: Dennis Washington
Middle son/main character: Dwayne Washington
Youngest son: Jerry Washington

Do you guys agree? Your ideas/changes

TucanSam

Dwayne is a hard name to give to a main character, especially in the written word. People will read his name in their mind when they see it written, and Dwayne is not one of those names that people easily endear themselves to.

june is a good Mothers name, Very feminine and motherly (mind connects to June Cleaver)

Donald may be better served being called "Don" by people, since it seems more mature than "Donald" (although his wife may call him Donald or Donny in private)

Dennis is a good name for an older brother who might serve as a role model.

jerry sounds very young and immature to me, which serves a little brother well.

Just my thoughts.

Checkonit22

Awesome feed back! I like June as well. I agree for Donald, - people he knows and his wife of course will call him just 'Don' for short.

The main character name? Hmm....we need a new name.

Lostinthemusic

I really like writing, but I've never really tried to actually make anything, usually just write my thoughts with no real organization. I would love to try though. :)