An herbal supplement that has done me wonders!

OutOfSorts

hi endoflife,

I don't know about side effects with medication, sorry. I would think that you should be able to dig that up with a bit of googling. I wanted to address the earlier comments about kava causing liver problems.

you can read about why some people think kava is dangerous (despite the fact that it's been used safely for thousands of years) here:

http://www.konakavafarm.com/blog/?p=3

the bhma report it talks about is here:

http://www.konakavafarm.com/articles/bhma_report.htm

an extract from the bhma report as to the efficiency of kava with regards to anxiety:

In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind study, 58 patients with anxiety not caused by psychotic disorders received standardized kava extract (300 mg per day, containing 210 mg kava lactones) or placebo over a 4-week period. For patients receiving the kava extract, there was a significant reduction of anxiety as measured by the Hamilton Anxiety Scale (total score, p<0.02). The difference in anxiety between kava and placebo began in the first week and increased during the course of treatment. No adverse effects were reported for the kava extract.[5]

allergic2kryptonit

Does Kava work for depression too, or will it make things worse??

I have never tried it, but from everything I've read, it's safely used if the source contains only the root of the plant (no leaves).

I'd love to try it, if someone can recommend a good source, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

ck

anxiousmouse

another herbal remedy

I suffer from anxiety attacks since late adolescence. I have been taking pills and the rest to treat myself. Somehow I felt that these pills were not helping me by calming my nerves.I started looking for herbal remedies and found PureCalm Tincture for Anxiety. These drops help me a lot and I can feel the difference in taking them! :)

triceratops

Siberdib said:
Well I got my order through today, just in time for my presentation I had to do for uni (which was the aim). I had 6 capsules of 250mg with 30% kavalactones totaling in 450mg. I put the contents of the capsules (powder) into some camomile tea. Within 10 minutes I gelt the slight effect which continued to progress into general relaxation and contemptness which when doing the presentation helped me enourmously. Needless to say the presentation went very well, I think some of my classmates were quite amazed at how chatty I was when answering questions on the presentation.
For a first experience I was very satisfied, im still feeling calm around 4 hours later.

I got mine through today it said serving size 1 capsule. I only took 1 and although I could feel it it didnt really do much. From what you posted u took 6? maybe I should take more. also i just swallowed the capsule from what u said u emptyied the powder first does it make a difference? There arent really any instructions on how to take the capsules :?

michel18

kava kava

issnt this supposed to be a psychoactive/psychedelic plant or something
that people use to have "spiritual" experiences..?

MrMark

might have to try some of this?

i dunno if its relevant but i can handle a lot of alcohol and drugs at one time so maybe i need to get a strong extract? any recommendations?

DYiNG-iNSiDE

OMG! this is exactly what i need! i practially begged my dr for xanax or valium or something like that but she wouldnt give it 2 me i cant go 1 more day w/ this anxiety i got so excitedandasked my mom and so said no she wouldnt even listen she said we dont have the $ god this is wayy more important than any of the crap she spends $ on :[

DYiNG-iNSiDE

hey mary thanks so much! yay i wasnt gonna be able 2 get any cuz no $ but i ordered some free *happy dance
i hope it works

MrMark

i popped 8 kava pills today with no effect at all :(

i think if i did all 60 it would of done basically nothing

update:

i took another 10 earlier and had to go out and they didn't affect me in the slightest, just normal old me :evil:

WillBeGood

would you have to take Serenity forever or after a long time of feeling good you could get off it? how does it work.

louieann34

tooker said:
I recently came acoss a novel supplement called Serenity, manufactured by GAIA Herbs. The main ingredient is Kava (which I have had great luck with helping my SP) but there are many other supplementing herbs including Chamomile, Skullcap, Passionflower, Wild Oats, Hops, Mugwort, and Peppermint. I was hesitant at first, but after I took my first pill, I was amazed. I felt so...SERENE! I was much more relaxed, my SP was helped greatly, and was just a great relaxer for my brain. I highly recommend this great product to all you SP sufferers, and think it is a great substitute for xanax, klonopin,etc...

Hope you all have the same luck that I did with this great herbal supplement.

Hi Tooker,

Thank you so much for sharing this information...I really love using herbal medicines for if I use some other laboratory drugs, they just give me stomach upset....I really appreciate this post of you Tooker...Thanks again!!

Icecube

scyth said:
Siberdib said:
Well I got my order through today, just in time for my presentation I had to do for uni (which was the aim). I had 6 capsules of 250mg with 30% kavalactones totaling in 450mg. I put the contents of the capsules (powder) into some camomile tea. Within 10 minutes I gelt the slight effect which continued to progress into general relaxation and contemptness which when doing the presentation helped me enourmously. Needless to say the presentation went very well, I think some of my classmates were quite amazed at how chatty I was when answering questions on the presentation.
For a first experience I was very satisfied, im still feeling calm around 4 hours later.

I got mine through today it said serving size 1 capsule. I only took 1 and although I could feel it it didnt really do much. From what you posted u took 6? maybe I should take more. also i just swallowed the capsule from what u said u emptyied the powder first does it make a difference? There arent really any instructions on how to take the capsules :?

I was interested whether you have tried to take the same dosage as Siberdib in the same way (taking the powder out of the capsule into a tea)
Would be interested if that got any more effect on you, since you both both the same kava product, right?

MobiusX

Does anyone know what I can take for sa that does not have any side effects? Unfortunately, I cannot afford to become tired or lack any type of energy.

Icecube

those who bought kava kava from biovea,
may I know which capsules those are?
is it powder inside the capsule or little balls or is it like a tablet?

Icecube

MobiusX said:
Does anyone know what I can take for sa that does not have any side effects? Unfortunately, I cannot afford to become tired or lack any type of energy.

Recent clinical studies have shown that the herb kava is a safe nonaddictive anti-anxiety medicine, and as effective as prescription anxiety agents containing benzodiazepines such as valium. While benzodiazepines tend to promote lethargy and mental impairment, kava has been shown to improve concentration, memory, and reaction time for people suffering from anxiety. Kava has been clinically demonstrated as a means of achieving a state of relaxation without the adverse side effects.

Daz

Going to order this kava kava stuff, my first step to beating this disorder, I can't take it no more.

Although, I like a good ole drink and i read that this herbal supplement taking along with alcohol can lead to liver damage. What the heck, i think i have slight liver damage anyway, the signs are there.

Worth a try i think.

Will let you know if i see any signs of improvement

::Fingers Crossed::