An herbal supplement that has done me wonders!

Icecube

there is a lot of talk about the association of the use of kava kava (piper methysticum) and liver damage.

Usually the recommendation is to not 'overuse' it to prevent liver damage, but I think this is unnecessary because if you only use the root of the kava kava, then no liver damage can occur. From what I read, the stems and the leaves of the plant are toxic, but not the root and I think that most fabricators of kava kava know this and only use the root in their capsules, powder or tincture.

B.T.W. the effect can also vary a lot whether you use it in powder form, pills or tincture. I read that the powder form has the best effect.

Here some valuable information about kava kava and your liver:
http://www.kickbackwithkava.com/Liver/Kava_and_Your_Liver.htm

MobiusX

Icecube
“Recent clinical studies have shown that the herb kava is a safe nonaddictive anti-anxiety medicine, and as effective as prescription anxiety agents containing benzodiazepines such as valium. While benzodiazepines tend to promote lethargy and mental impairment, kava has been shown to improve concentration, memory, and reaction time for people suffering from anxiety. Kava has been clinically demonstrated as a means of achieving a state of relaxation without the adverse side effects.”

---But the person who posted this, the person who started using Kava said this
Tooker
“The only side effects are that you may be a little more lethargic and tired, but to tell u the truth i would take that anyday over the anxiety.”

---And Kava is linked to liver damage. I cannot afford that either. My kidneys are already messed up, and I have high blood pressure. Seems as if Kava isn’t a good idea after all, people.

Daz

Received my order for kava kava just this minute.

I'm a little scared about taking it just now as i have an interview in just under 2 hours time. Going into this interview, my nerves are fine as i really don't have a hope in hell of getting the position i applied for, so i really don't see the need for taking kava kava at this moment.

Working offshore.. A friend encouraged me to go for it

I'll post later

P.S Wish Me Luck..I Think?!?!?! :roll: :? :( :)

flyawayhome

great article..

Discover Herbal Remedies For Social Anxiety Disorder - The Best Choices For Healing

Before we delve into herbal remedies for social anxiety disorder, let's briefly discuss what it is. Social anxiety disorder, also known as social phobia is when a person intensely and persistently fears exposure to public scrutiny, expecting to be humiliated in social situations by others. Social phobia sufferers become overwhelmingly anxious and excessively self-conscious in everyday social situations that they withdraw and avoid them whenever possible.

Social anxiety can be limited to only type of social situation. For example, eating or drinking in front of others. On the other hand, it can be so broad that a person experiences symptoms such as a persistent, intense, and chronic fear of being embarrassed or humiliated, judged negatively or evaluated by other people almost anytime they are around other people. In addition, a person with this disorder often experiences physical symptoms such as nausea, trembling, blushing, profuse sweating, and difficulty talking.

Needless to say, avoidance of social situations can be very incapacitating for those social anxiety disorder sufferers. However, the good news is that there are natural ways of seeking social anxiety relief such as herbal remedies for social anxiety as well as techniques like slow breathing and positive self-talk. In fact, we would be remiss if we didn't state that there are also other treatments to provide sufferers with social anxiety relief such as psychotherapy, cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT), exposure therapy, medications, and others.

Now, without further adieu, let's delve into some very promising herbal remedies for social anxiety disorder that may be helpful. Of course, you should never stop taking any medication prescribed without your physician's approval. In addition, you should always consult your physician before taking any herbal remedies for social anxiety disorder, meaning herbal supplements.

Lemon Balm – Lemon balm has been used for generations to calm and relax the nerves as well as to relieve sleeplessness. This highly respected herb is still used today in herbal therapies to treat anxiety, nervousness, and insomnia. In addition, lemon balm is good for digestive problems linked to anxiety.

Lavender- This pleasantly powerful and distinctive aromatic herb is well known for its calming properties. In addition, it is considered valuable for soothing and strengthening the nervous system, and, as such, it is also well known as a natural tonic for the nervous system. Lavender is widely used for combating anxiety, fatigue, stress, nervous tension, and to relieve a depressed mood.

Passion Flower – Passion Flower is one of nature's best tranquilizers. It is often used for its calming effect to combat anxiety, stress, and insomnia. In addition, passion flower harbors properties known as alkaloids, which are believed to act somewhat like monoamine oxidase inhibitors, a category of drugs that are sometimes prescribed for depression.

Kava Kava - Kava Kava is an herb that has been used in the Fiji Islands for many years. This powerful one is highly touted as nature's valium because it promotes calming and relaxing effects.

St John's Wort - St. John's Wort has a long history of folk use for treating depression, anxiety, and others. Today, many studies have backed up its favorable depression effects. In fact, it is often referred to as nature's Prozac.

Other helpful herbal remedies for social anxiety disorder relief include chamomile, valerian, and hops.

Again, it's important that you speak to your physician before taking any herbal supplements.

Nutritional-Supplement-Educational-Centre's Opinion on Herbal Remedies for Social Anxiety Disorder

You may want to consider taking a comprehensive formula designed to combat anxiety. However, ensure that the product is created by someone who is credentialed and qualified to create a supplement with ingredients that work in balance and synergistically to offer maximum results. Moreover, it can be very dangerous to your health to mix and match herbs and nutrients on your own.

In addition, a comprehensive formula using carefully selected ingredients can offer more therapeutic benefits, often better than taking a single herb on its own.

Bottom Line...

It's important to understand the how and why of what makes some of these comprehensive anxiety supplements useful, an important factor in making an informed choice.

flyawayhome

i hope this is helping

Valerian with Lemon Balm
PH104.gif

https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/PH104

RESTFUL SLEEP WITHOUT NEXT-DAY GROGGINESS

A natural choice for promoting sleep and relaxation, Valerian Root with Lemon Balm supports a restful night's sleep without the fear of over sedation. Valerian helps induce deep sleep, and Lemon Balm promotes a calm and collective nervous system. This gentle and effective combination formula is recommended by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum.
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., author of the bestselling book, From Fatigued to Fantastic. In his book he recommends lemon balm's ability to enhance sleep; his own studies showed that valerian and lemon balm help induce deep sleep. Teitelbaum reports that some of his patients rely solely on valerian and lemon balm to ensure a good night's sleep.

In addition to its sleep-enhancing benefits, Dr. Teitelbaum recommends valerian for its adaptogenic properties, meaning it adapts to what the body needs. He writes, “Valerian is a mild sleep aid that has the interesting effect of calming people when they are anxious while at the same time acting as a stimulant when people are fatigued.” One study using Valerian for anxiety found that 100mg three times per day was more effective than placebo.

Slip into Slumber
Countless studies, in this country and in Europe confirm the effectiveness of Valerian for enhancing sleep quality. Equally important, there have been no major side-effects associated with the use of Valerian. In one study, sleep scores improved dramatically for those taking Valerian, the biggest improvements seen in those who considered themselves poor or irregular sleepers. The study also looked at young, healthy sleepers who took valerian, and the results showed they experienced an easier and quicker descent into sleep.

Lemon Balm
You've probably heard of, or even taken valerian, but what makes lemon balm such an important addition? Lemon balm has been used for centuries to nutritionally promote sleep and ease nervousness. The herb also has other properties, including nutritional support of the nervous system and digestive systems. The addition of lemon balm to a base of valerian makes a versatile combination; one that can be taken at night for sleep and in lighter doses during the day for relaxation and mood and muscle comfort.

Restorative Rest
Just as important as restful sleep is restful rest - the time spent during the day that allows your body to rejuvenate and recuperate. For many, rest time is spent feeling nervous or restless - anything but restorative. Valerian and lemon balm is safe enough to take during the day, without feeling drowsy or unable to function. It simply ensures that the time spent in rest, a vital component of healing, allows the body to do just that - rest.

Ease Stress and Promote Muscle Comfort
Another common daytime use for valerian and lemon balm is to soften feelings of stress. Dr. Andrew Weil recommends lower doses of valerian for “daytime calming.” Valerian has also been extensively studied for its effect on smooth muscle tissue, indicating its muscle relaxant qualities.

Is it safe?
The safety of valerian and lemon balm is its hallmark. In study after study it has found to exert powerful relief without negative effects. One study published in a German medical journal found that no participants suffered from “residual hangover” after taking valerian. In fact, most participants felt more active and alert the next day.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving %DV
Valerian Root 320 mg *
Lemon Balm 160 mg *

*Daily Value not established.

Valerian with Lemon Balm is a unique combination of valerian root and lemon balm extracts, and formulated odor-free. The lightly coated tablets are easy to swallow. Valerian with Lemon Balm can be taken as a daytime or nightime supplement.*

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or preventany disease.

Product & Usage Information:
Daily Use: Take 1-2 tablets daily or 1-2 tablets one hour before bedtime.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Inactive Ingredients: cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, titanium dioxide and HPMC.
Initial Source: Wild growing, flowering plant, leaves, stem and flowers from plant
Processing: Blend and compress
Contains No: Gluten
Contraindications: Should not be taken by someone with glaucoma
Drug Interactions: Should not be taken with alcohol

I hope this article will be usefull for all of you..
Layla

flyawayhome

has anyone tried brahmi or ashvagandha? i just bought them yesterday and will combine them with pantohtenic acid. is it ok? and should i take them before or after eating?

nici

wow, think I'll try some of this stuff too. Its banned here in the Uk but will get it posted from abroad. Wonder if its ok to use along with other herbal supplements, like trying valerian or something with it, the more the better, dont you think

ciaobella

I ordered some of these Serenity pills, I reaaally hope they work for me! Is anyone taking them regularly now and if so, how's it working for you?