Anybody over 40?

Tryin

I guess majority of people here is about 20, but that's probably just because we (I am 17) are the generation most accustomed to using the internet.

It's great having you here, maybe it could be useful if you could share your experiences (after all, 40 years of living with phobia is more than 20). Wonder if you could tell us a wee bit about how did your phobia develop through the years, whether you find it easier to controll than when you were teenage etc.. Also, you have probably been through some treatments and therapies, how was that?

AnxiousGuy

I'm pushing the 40 range and I have to admit....there are some issues that the mature crowd has to deal with that the younger crowd doesn't.
We all have similar challenges though.
Wanna start a 40 plus support group?

paddo

4 ever young

:) Hi there to all over forties... and a big hello also to the ....below forties... :D ...the amasing thing about experiencing social anxiety is the amount of living that one has not really experienced... i think i am emotionally still in my teens...lol...so i am any age ....mirrors put that idea to bed...good health to all...survivors rule...things do and will change...be brave as only you can be...paddo

millymoocow

i'm 13 and i've had a bad body image since the age of 8 (maybe i should get checked out for BDD). i then started getting really depressed at 10 all of the time and since the start of this year i've had SA. i think it's just a high school thing. :?
in the words of My Chemical Romance, ahem: teenagers scare the living beep out of me... 8O

Sebring747

I am

I'm 40 and know there are many younger folk here and relted places. Anyone want to chat (mature or not), PM me.