Anyone here Asian?

Waybuloo

lol I pretty much love every thing about Asian culture, the language, the art, the food, the traditions.. etc The only thing I can do without is Asian morals.
I love the look of Asian female and males, the pale skin, the plump lips, the high cheek bones, the thick hair. I don't know it all just calls to me and not to mention there intelligence and charisma. So yeah I wish I was Asians.

Only a certain type of Asians have pale skin, and others have high cheek bones. We don't all look the same. I am extremely pale and my mum is extremely dark. But good for you that you find Asians attractive. I find Russians (also Asians) attractive. Intelligence is kind of hard to define. So you say you wish you were Asian, which ethnicity would you want to be? Because Asia covers from India to China to Russia to the Phillipines.

I agree that the Asian morals are diabolical. Most of the Asian school mates I know are ****ed up one way or another, as a direct result of their parental upbringing. If you ever go to Asia be warned that you will get stared at and often have people point their fingers at you. Sometimes you will get people come up to touch you. People will also make comments about your appearance off the bat, this is from people you meet or strangers on the street.

The only thing I could add to that list is Asian cinema (which I guess is included in art) but, yes. I find Asian men extremely attractive. And very interesting to talk to.

The Asian men I talk to are either very shallow or very very shallow.

hoddesdon

I agree that the Asian morals are diabolical.

In what way?

People will also make comments about your appearance off the bat, this is from people you meet or strangers on the street.

I have had that experience from an Asian living in Australia. He is a doctor, so it is not a case of being uncouth. Is it because of the fact that in Asian culture anything untoward is ignored? Perhaps they feel that nothing will be said about it. I have seen Asians having a loud argument in a shop without any self-consciousness. Westerners feel they should keep their voices down. That may be because in the West someone will object.

Waybuloo

In what way?

I have had that experience from an Asian living in Australia. He is a doctor, so it is not a case of being uncouth. Is it because of the fact that in Asian culture anything untoward is ignored? Perhaps they feel that nothing will be said about it. I have seen Asians having a loud argument in a shop without any self-consciousness. Westerners feel they should keep their voices down. That may be because in the West someone will object.

Well, there is less emphasis on humanity or caring for other people. There is a general lack of acceptance for a wide range of personalities or ways of life. Just from growing up experiencing Asian culture at school and on the streets as well as socially, and my own family, I've learnt that most Asians judge each other too much. They are not likely to help someone in need, especially because they see anyone who can't hold themselves together as weak. If you are walking on the streets in China and see someone collapse or get run over you rarely get people rushing over to see if they are alright. Most people see themselves in a hierarchy whereby country people are seen as less valuable and worthy as city folk, and certain city folk look down on other city folk. They see no shame in openly discussing that the other person in front of them is 'inferior'. They have less of an open mind. For example living together without being married is often frowned upon and having children out of wedlock is seen as a shameful thing to do. Homosexuals are seen as disgusting and they are very racist. Respect for the elderly is taken to another plain whereby old people are allowed to badmouth anyone younger than them, even to the point of abuse. If you don't like to be criticised in public for your 'personality faults' or the way you look then you are apparently too soft. Their values seem backward. Not to mention that if you are a man then anything less than a successful business person, a doctor, a lawyer, an accountant, a dentist are seen as not worthy of their respect. Optometrists and pharmacists are ok.

About your experience with the Asian doctor, yes there is no culture of people censoring themselves of rude comments or things of that nature. If you do see an Asian person being polite then it's because of their own enlightenment, not anything culturally learnt. It's very acceptable and the norm for people to point things out in other people that they feel is of interest. For example if a girl has less than perfect features all the family will gather around and discuss how to address this 'problem' and maybe cosmetic surgery is called for. If a person is not confident and forthright then a family member or a family friend who they meet for the first time will say 'hey you are not very confident are you? Look how your face is going red'. If a fat Western person goes to China to try on some clothes in a store, the shop assistant will unashamedly say 'oh we don't have clothes in sizes as big as yours, you are too fat !' But at the end of the day, this is all as a matter of fact. In my opinion this allows people to get away with being bitchy and cruel while for some being like this is unintentional but natural for them.

Last edited:

cosmosis

Well, there is less emphasis on humanity or caring for other people. There is a general lack of acceptance for a wide range of personalities or ways of life. Just from growing up experiencing Asian culture at school and on the streets as well as socially, and my own family, I've learnt that most Asians judge each other too much. They are not likely to help someone in need, especially because they see anyone who can't hold themselves together as weak. If you are walking on the streets in China and see someone collapse or get run over you rarely get people rushing over to see if they are alright. Most people see themselves in a hierarchy whereby country people are seen as less valuable and worthy as city folk, and certain city folk look down on other city folk. They see no shame in openly discussing that the other person in front of them is 'inferior'. They have less of an open mind. For example living together without being married is often frowned upon and having children out of wedlock is seen as a shameful thing to do. Homosexuals are seen as disgusting and they are very racist. Respect for the elderly is taken to another plain whereby old people are allowed to badmouth anyone younger than them, even to the point of abuse. If you don't like to be criticised in public for your 'personality faults' or the way you look then you are apparently too soft. Their values seem backward. Not to mention that if you are a man then anything less than a successful business person, a doctor, a lawyer, an accountant, a dentist are seen as not worthy of their respect. Optometrists and pharmacists are ok.

I think its a matter of perspective and misunderstanding. Asia is greatly overpopulated and its highly competitive when compared to the western world. Many parents do push their children to extremes because the need and pressure is much much greater when you are competing against so many. But beyond that, the biggest difference is the mentality which I think can be greatly misunderstood. Asians and that part of the word see life in terms of fixing or avoiding pain, stress, suffering and all those bad things, whereas the western world is terrified of pain and is much more focused on joy and enjoying things. Neither is better than the other, its just different. It's no coincidence that asians value age and wisdom (avoidance of pain) over youth (joy and enjoyment). Once again, it's just different. When you are focused on pain, you can certainly come across as ruder or more judging (just like many old people are), but its just a different mindset. Both are important. I am actually more comfortable (and my anxiety goes way down) when I'm with people you consider 'rude' and Asians because my mom raised me similar to that mindset. But my Dad raised me the other way, so I can see it both ways.

Kat

No but my sister was born in Malaysia and I was apparently made there. We are not Asian but my family has had a bit of Asian cultural influence.

Phoenixx

Random post: I totally read this as "Anyone here Aslan." ::p:

I am neither Aslan or Asian.
Asian food is fantastic though.

AGR

I dont agree that your appearence will be criticized,at least not in Japan,I can use anything that I want most people wont bother with anything at all they mostly keep to themselves,homosexuals that I met here also were pretty acepted no one bothers them,to compare,when I was in the western hemisphere everytime I got out of the house I walked around like something was going to be happening,maybe someone trying to fight me,assalt me,rob me or harass me,homosexuals being beat up for no reason,you wont find this here in Japan its really rare.

Waybuloo

I dont agree that your appearence will be criticized,at least not in Japan,I can use anything that I want most people wont bother with anything at all they mostly keep to themselves,homosexuals that I met here also were pretty acepted no one bothers them,to compare,when I was in the western hemisphere everytime I got out of the house I walked around like something was going to be happening,maybe someone trying to fight me,assalt me,rob me or harass me,homosexuals being beat up for no reason,you wont find this here in Japan its really rare.

I think of Japan as very different from the rest of Asian. There is a certain aesthetic in how people deal with eachother. I think people are more polite and cultured, and little things, differences don't really bother people that much.

Where I live (in the West), I don't get aggression at all. But back in Australia I got a lot of aggression and was frequently harassed, assaulted by strangers. I have no idea if it's because I'm Asian. People there are like packs of wolves.

Imaginary

It's depend on which one Asia that you mean, not for Thailand, they're so open minded. I think this culture emerged due to the demands of religion, and the religious fundamentalists.

N well, I hate bigot~ -.-

I dont agree that your appearence will be criticized,at least not in Japan,I can use anything that I want most people wont bother with anything at all they mostly keep to themselves,homosexuals that I met here also were pretty acepted no one bothers them.

I wish I could read yaoi freely here~ ::p:

Last edited:

ohheybbyitscorixx

For everyone discussing how Asians are, they forget that there are social norms and then what people actually think. I have seen the general attitude in Asia towards mental illness as "don't talk about it". However, I'm sure there are a lot of people that want to change this but do not speak up. It's kind of like here in the USA, how a lot of social "norms" are being rejected by younger people. We no longer like the "don't talk about this" attitude older people push upon us. But, as with any country, that is just a general attitude I see and not everyone's opinion. There will always be those people who aren't empathetic/understanding.

ohheybbyitscorixx

Only a certain type of Asians have pale skin, and others have high cheek bones. We don't all look the same. I am extremely pale and my mum is extremely dark. But good for you that you find Asians attractive. I find Russians (also Asians) attractive. Intelligence is kind of hard to define. So you say you wish you were Asian, which ethnicity would you want to be? Because Asia covers from India to China to Russia to the Phillipines.

I agree that the Asian morals are diabolical. Most of the Asian school mates I know are ****ed up one way or another, as a direct result of their parental upbringing. If you ever go to Asia be warned that you will get stared at and often have people point their fingers at you. Sometimes you will get people come up to touch you. People will also make comments about your appearance off the bat, this is from people you meet or strangers on the street.

The Asian men I talk to are either very shallow or very very shallow.

I've experienced that so far with Filipinos and Koreans. My boyfriends mother likes to talk about how "big" I am, and asks when I will lose weight. She is very critical about people's bodies and her own. And I have heard so many Filipinos and Koreans talk about women in such a horrible way, expecting them to look like those photo shopped celebrities, which is obviously unrealistic. The ones I talked to, at least, treat women like objects and like their existence and physical appearance should be up to their standards because women are only their toys or something.

Waybuloo

it makes u south asian or subcontinent not asian :)

Asian is Asian, especially in the UK, where Pakistanis and Indians are more commonly known as Asian whereas Koreans, Japanese, Chinese etc are called Oriental. But to me, we are all Asian ! I've never heard of Indians being referred to as subcontinent.

Waybuloo

I've experienced that so far with Filipinos and Koreans. My boyfriends mother likes to talk about how "big" I am, and asks when I will lose weight. She is very critical about people's bodies and her own. And I have heard so many Filipinos and Koreans talk about women in such a horrible way, expecting them to look like those photo shopped celebrities, which is obviously unrealistic. The ones I talked to, at least, treat women like objects and like their existence and physical appearance should be up to their standards because women are only their toys or something.

Yeah that sounds like a typical experience. Tell her you are not losing weight and that your weight is your business. I hope she doesn't get to you. My mum and all her sisters are all the same and they are always judging appearances. My aunty even tells her 20 something year old daughter to not open her mouth when she talks and laughs because she doesn't like the look of her gums. She tells her off like she's a 2 year old picking her ears.