Are you happy with the fact you are alive?

Are you happy with the fact you are alive?

• Total voters

StupidWiz

I used to feel like that, wishing not to be born in the first place...

But after going through past my denial phase I realized that life is beautiful, even in its ugliness.

So, I'm going to stick around to see what can life offer to me in the future. :)

Ignace

It's 25-25 ! Well I wouldn't say I'm happy. Cause if u don't live, you don't suffer. But on the other hand, life ain't THAT bad. For now, it's fine.

lunarla

Exceeeeeedingly so! Sososososososo much. I have been at a point where I really, really wished that I didn't exist though. But that's not the way.

Chriiss

Sucidal thoughts.. All the time.
Would I actually kill myself? I don't think I have the balls.

But No I'm not happy to be alive but there's something telling me to stick around.

Kato

I have seen so many beautiful sunsets in my life. Nature blessing me with them deems it worth all the suffering.

Also, I am really curious what is going to happen next.

Last edited:

aien89

I have thought about the subject, suicide, but I've never considered doing it myself. But that's not for selfish reasons - maybe sometimes I do wish, I wasn't born, but still it would kill me to hurt my family like that. My father, my mother, my brother, my uncle, my grandmother would all just be miserable, as I would if I lost them. And besides them I do have some people who would be very sad if I left earth.
But had my family not been so supportive, I would have probably jumped off a building by now. I would miss them everyday, if I had to live without them.

On the other hand I don't see a bright future - the older you get the more do people tend to go with their beloved once, but if I never find someone like that, I'm going to die alone, and that's what makes me cry every single night. I do have friends about once a week but I still feel so damn lonely in my apartment.

Last edited:
U

userremoved

I don't think life is beautiful but I'm afraid of death, so that seems like a good enough reason to keep on living.

DespairSoul

Live is beuatiful if u can live with out fear. I was blessed many times with beautiful moments in my life and spend non forgeting times. I use anyway wish dont be never born and i feel very sad about it. Because live is a dare. Dare wich should be given to someone else.

Illusions

I actually am happy I'm alive, despite all the sh*t life has managed to throw at me. I live for the people I love and the hope that things will get better... well, that and the fact that I'm scared of death.

Hastings & Main

YES.

If I wasn't alive I wouldn't be able to be happy about anything.

We often say when we're down that we 'feel nothing', but no one alive can comprehend what true nothingness feels like. There's no dreaming in death, and you can fantasize all you want about Heaven or reincarnation but I've never gotten a postcard from the former and have never had a dog say "Hi! Remember me?" concerning the latter, so if a baby's giggle or an old episode of Jackass can release an endorphin or two and I'm around to feel it, I'll stick around.

Besides, in ten years, 70" TV's will cost about $100 and I wanna bigger screen.

dragonoth

It's really uplifting to see that a lot of people are glad to be alive :) I guess I'm glad to be alive myself although I haven't given it that much thought. I mean, if you're already here you might as well enjoy the ride! I'm not really enjoying my ride atm though cos I have these stupid exams coming up on Monday....dreeeeeeead of doom!