Are you happy with the fact you are alive?

Are you happy with the fact you are alive?

• Total voters
Yes. I am absolutely astounded and exhilarated to be alive.

I think there are a lot of people in this world that underestimate just a how little the odds are of them actually being alive. The fibers and strains of energy (amongst billion-billion-billion billions of them) aligning just right to form the eggs, and sperm cells that generated them. And just how lucky they are, that they get the chance to experience life without significant handicaps that render them mentally mute, in a day and age where you've got a bigger chance of fulfilling your dreams then in previous history.

I think, and that's personal opinion, that unless you're tortured vigorously and systematically, there's no reason to regret being alive. Life is not the problem, the situation is. And, like I've mentioned many time before, death is not an alternative to life, it's the exact opposite.

Sorry for this jerk post, by the way. I'm not feeling too good, and don't have the usual patients to word it correctly.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
No. I need a purpose and SP keeps me from finding it. So I’m basically stuck watching the clock for something that seems like it will never come.

As it stands, I don’t want to die, but without anything true to live for, I wish I hadn’t been born.

JamesSmith

^Does anyone actually have a valid reason to exist?

My reason is religious. I believe God put me on this earth for a reason, a reason I have yet to figure out. But I do believe He wants me to live as long as I can and I believe he wants me to actually be happy some day instead of semi-depressed like i am now. It's not that bad here on earth, there are little things that can make me happy from time to time. Plus, I don't want to destroy my family and former friends by killing myself. That would hurt my family a lot, and it would hurt my former friends too.

U

userremoved

My reason is religious. I believe God put me on this earth for a reason, a reason I have yet to figure out. But I do believe He wants me to live as long as I can and I believe he wants me to actually be happy some day instead of semi-depressed like i am now. It's not that bad here on earth, there are little things that can make me happy from time to time. Plus, I don't want to destroy my family and former friends by killing myself. That would hurt my family a lot, and it would hurt my former friends too.

Thats a nice reason. I'm here because two people had sex unprotected and didn't abort me. And I continue to live because I don't want to cease to exist into oblivion.

dragonoth

My reason, is there's so much to be enjoyed, and so little time to enjoy it in.
This statement should be hung on the Wall of Fame. Do they have something like that on this website?

If you really need a reason to live, live for yourself. You deserve to!

This statement should be hung on the Wall of Fame. Do they have something like that on this website?

If you really need a reason to live, live for yourself. You deserve to!

I think a Wall of Fame would be a good idea for this site!

Some posts are so ridiculously clever and helpful that they would benefit a lot of people if they were just out there in plain sight, but then they just get buried amongst dozens and dozens of posts, rendering them mute. It's a shame, really.

Especially since there are a lot of threads that have the exact same subject. A Wall of Fame might help giving those people a little piece of mind. :3

Last edited:
I find that the answer the this question changes on a daily basis.:)
Thankfully I am used to this happening.
I know that I won't stay in either mind-set, my mind will always switch again sooner or later.

SonicMan

I am really happy to be alive. To be alive is the best gift anyone can have. The difficult part is making the most of it. I wish I could be better at that.

I'm very happy to be alive. Yeah, life has been hard with SA. But there have been so many great moments with so many great people that I wouldn't trade in just to not feel how I feel now.

Plus I have to live long enough to see the Cubs win the World Series, dammit! :)

not particularly. there is no vitality for life or urgency to go out and make something of it, nor even to try to do my best with what is already there. no motivation whatsoever

right now i'm not at the point where i regret my existence. i am certainly disappointed in it, as i have been for years, because i've accomplished nothing, and basically just survive, but right now is relatively okay. still no REASON for living, but no reason to end it either . which is good

Kiwong

I've reached a point in my life at age 48, that depsite all the darkness I face, I am indeed happy to be alive. I cherish some of the days I have lived.

I thought I was dieing in 2005, and let me tell you, there is nothing at all pleasant about being so sick that you think you are going to die. It is hell. My apathy went out the window, and I found out that I hated the prolonged suffering. And I beat the suffering, and now I can really live.

I think in the future I will look back on the last few years and realise they where some of the best of my life.