Can some of you describe your fantasy worlds to me?

Flowers-Of-Bloom

My fantasies consume me. I might become so immersed, it frightens me.
I am generally not featured in my fantastical world, why would I be? Unless I was dreaming up some kind of idealised version of myself, within an idealised world, which might be the manifestation of a Marysue.
But I need to create things with my mind. It's like a habit that never died after childhood. So I generally have in mind a number of personalities, scenarios, settings... And then from my dreams, I'll put it on paper and write a book. Illustrate... write music... I have to create to stay - relatively - sane.

I'm glad other people are creating things with their minds, whether it is apart of this disorder, or not.

Felicidad

I think if you do this too much in reality, you may lose it all together.

Try reserving your fantasies for dreams. I'm able on a few occasions to control my dreams and do anything I want in them. That's the best.

It really doesn't mix fantasy and reality.

Completely agree! This is the key.
I talk for experience, and in the way you enrich your real world, fantasy world will be disapearing.

I used to sit around and ruminate how the government was doing all kinds of conspiracy type stuff.

Now I'm not saying the government has never been involved in any conspiracies or cover-ups, certainly they and just about every government known to man has engaged in questionable ethical behavior.

However my fear and paranoia were the driving force behind this, my own insecurities.

What made it worse was dwelling on it. What made it better was to simply not think about it.

I know it's easy to zone out or occupy your mind with a million what-if thoughts, but it's a waste of time and energy and leads to frustration and inactivity.

We must use the power of our minds for the good of others and ourselves.
We must actively force ourselves to concentrate on the present moment, to increase our awareness and just be.

The best thing I ever did was stop thinking so much and start doing more. Yoga, martial arts. Getting a job as a doorman at a bar (after getting into a fight at the bar :) ).

Once you start living life in the moment, a lot can happen, and there's no need to have a fantasy because you'll have your hands full.

mrb

hmmm well a fantasy world of mine would be something like being given the power to heal the sick , just walk around a hospital making people better , or wounded animals lieing in the road ect ect used to dream about it when i was a kid .....

iamthenra

A naked horde of young beautiful women that can only be satisfied by me alone... Haha! I guess that would be like being Hugh Hefner, eh? :D At least I would die with a smile on my mug!!! :D

Pookah

I fantasize about being a writer and having something of mine made into an anime or live action movie. The standard fame dreams except as a writer its a little more on the calm side of fame, I wouldn't want to be ridiculously famous and not have privacy or the ability to be me which is shy and to myself.

In that same vein I fantasize about my character's lives to try to get to know them and maybe write them better. Sometimes I have conversations in my head to get a more natural flow to dialogue.

mrb

A naked horde of young beautiful women that can only be satisfied by me alone... Haha! I guess that would be like being Hugh Hefner, eh? :D At least I would die with a smile on my mug!!! :D

hugh is a sex mad womanising old fart :rolleyes: its his money there after not him lol i heard those bunny girls get paid 100 grand for a photo shoot if there a centre fold girl ......... thats a lot of money :eek: but course him being him they have to be gratefull ......... if you know what i mean ......

Juggalo

I guess I create a fantasy world for myself to escape in as well. I haven't admitted it to my self until now...but I do. You know what my fantasy world is? The future. I'm always caught up in the future...when I'll be more gregarious, more attractive, more money, in a relationship etc.

As a result I end up being a daydreamer but not someone who makes things happen in his life a lot of the time. If I can live in the present more, I can start to really make improvements in my life. Like the Nike slogan, just do it. A lot of why I don't change things is also my hesitancy do really do the things I need to do because I think about them too much. I worry, I fantasize... I'm sure I'm not the only introverted person with anxiety problems that does this.

iamthenra

hugh is a sex mad womanising old fart :rolleyes: its his money there after not him lol i heard those bunny girls get paid 100 grand for a photo shoot if there a centre fold girl ......... thats a lot of money :eek: but course him being him they have to be gratefull ......... if you know what i mean ......

Maybe so, but I still would find that to be allot of fun for at least several months... I figure several months to get it out of my system, and then I could judge it after having some experience.... but, hey it's a fantasy... Don't burst my bubble! Haha!:D

Most of my daydreams involve me being important and funny, and most of all sociable. I'm the really likeable person in my fantasies, the one that everyone wants to be around. Really simple things actually, but it worries me just how long I can be immerse in my fantasy world. It's weird that no one has found me talking to myself yet, I'm always doing it! And it's sad that sometimes I would rather live in my fantasy for a while than accept my reality which is quite a sad one...I'm like a hermit.

Same here! In my fantasy day dreams I usually always have a lot of friends and close relationships, and I'm always happy. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit these but in my most recent fantasies for some reason I'm an actress working on my favourite tv show, a pro formula 1 racer (I have no idea where that one came from), finally a psychologist, and I usually have this imaginary older brother who I'm really close to in all of them.

In one of my fantasies I'm actually exactly the way I am right now, which seems to be unusual after reading everyone else's replies. In this particular fantasy my imaginary older brother, and all my friends, and my parents all know about my disorder and are all really supportive of me. And in another I'm the way I am now and I've managed to finally tell my mum that I need to see a psychologist and why, and I've finally managed to seek treatment and she's really supportive and I'm finally able to live the life I want.

I tend to spend the majority of my time fantasizing actually. If I'm not reading and getting lost in fiction and avoiding the real world (like i spend a lot of my time doing), I'm fantasizing about being like the characters and having the close relationships that they have, continuing and expanding on the stories in my mind, having random recurrent fantasies where I'm usually everything I'm not in reality, fantasizing about how past events could have gone if I had done things differently or had been a really social person, imagining different social situations that could happen and "what ifs'', or I'm spending more time having imaginary conversations in my head with my friends than I have with them in real life. I tend to also rehearse over-and-over whatever I want to tell my friends if I talk to them later and it comes up, and imagine myself telling them about whatever it is.

I spend a lot of my time listening to music, as well as reading, so I spend most of that time fantasizing, and I fantasize and tune out when I'm driving as well (which is really bad).

If I'm not fantasizing then I'm usually tuning out and thinking about everything and anything, and talking to myself in my head, and on occasion I'm just not thinking about anything at all.

I think I do it to avoid facing myself and reality, which is quite depressing.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Where to start...Everything, I fantasize about anything I can possibly fantasize about. I often times play that selfless everyday hero persona, I'm not sure why that's just how I want to be I guess. It's usually triggered by something little and I run with it. (And 9/10 times it conveniently allows me to get out of real life situations I don't want to deal with). For each fantasy I have about 10 different possible outcomes, why's it can happen and develop. One long big one I've been having is that I get a watch the stops time (Like in clockstoppers). Basic idea, I take it in many different directions, too hard to get into it. Usually starts out fun (but resposibely) and then leads to conflict.

Another is that I get split into two people, one with all my "good" traits another with all my "bad" traits. It kinda symbolizes how I'm torn between wanting to be two people maybe? Well the "good" one (usually seen as the real me, sometimes at one point there's a twist and turns out the other is, or we both are just as much, but story being looked at from his point of view) becomes very comfortable, outgoing, very kind and considerate, clever, fits in and has stuff going good for him.
The other one starts doing other things; partying, crime, and other bad things. At one point he becomes a serial killer/rapist, and he racks up a lot of victims. I have some sort of connection with him, sorta know what he's doing. It ends in many different ways, but really haven't settled on one yet.

If for some reason you read this, sorry for creeping you out.

SilverRain

There are many times when I find myself fantasizing over revisiting old situations and doing them over, handling them in a completely different way than I did at the time, and if I'm lucky, putting the "troublemakers" in their place. Heh, not likely but I can dream. ::eek::

Mostly my fantasy worlds don't tend to involve myself at all, though - at least not directly. This is because I use fantasy as my main escapism method, a way to get away from being myself for a bit, so involving me in them would be a bit counterproductive. That's why I love to focus more on already existing fictional fandoms (created by someone else), because a lot of my favourite characters either share certain traits with me but have a stronger character and ambition - so I get to symbolically see "myself" in them, but a version of "me" that can overcome their personal issues where I don't feel I can, or they're characters who can avoid those issues altogether without having to worry about playing by reality's rules. So when I draw, analyze and indeed, daydream hours of my life away with them, I can express a little of myself through them and share in their adventures, without having to think about myself at all. Would've been my perfect solution too, if it weren't for reality's habit of demanding my presence at the worst possible times.

coyote

in my fantasy world....

I am the king, and i sit upon a beanbag throne filled with M&M's

my rhinoceros has a horn made of chocolate

and there's a naked woman, of course

Yes. Right.

World domination. Only way to peace is by a pure, unstoppable force. To end corporate rule. To end the imaginary truth that is New World Order. A revolution on such a scale that it cannot be classified as anything except World Revolution.

It is, however, unfortunate that any force capable of such have either imploded or were defeated. Which is why this is fantasy and not reality.

Last edited:
There are many times when I find myself fantasizing over revisiting old situations and doing them over, handling them in a completely different way than I did at the time, and if I'm lucky, putting the "troublemakers" in their place. Heh, not likely but I can dream. ::eek::

Mostly my fantasy worlds don't tend to involve myself at all, though - at least not directly. This is because I use fantasy as my main escapism method, a way to get away from being myself for a bit, so involving me in them would be a bit counterproductive. That's why I love to focus more on already existing fictional fandoms (created by someone else), because a lot of my favourite characters either share certain traits with me but have a stronger character and ambition - so I get to symbolically see "myself" in them, but a version of "me" that can overcome their personal issues where I don't feel I can, or they're characters who can avoid those issues altogether without having to worry about playing by reality's rules. So when I draw, analyze and indeed, daydream hours of my life away with them, I can express a little of myself through them and share in their adventures, without having to think about myself at all. Would've been my perfect solution too, if it weren't for reality's habit of demanding my presence at the worst possible times.

Interesting thought. I've heard that in some places in the Asia there are therapies that teach people to focus away from the self rather than the more usual introspection.

AGR

One of my fantasy is that when we die what we imagine of heaven(I dont believe,but I thought about it) would became true,a unique truth for each person,like they would live in their own imagined heaven.

Blabla..

in my fantasy world there would be very few people , gorgeous landscapes , peace , no suffering , and lots of food

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Mostly my fantasy worlds don't tend to involve myself at all, though - at least not directly. This is because I use fantasy as my main escapism method, a way to get away from being myself for a bit, so involving me in them would be a bit counterproductive. That's why I love to focus more on already existing fictional fandoms (created by someone else)...

This.

I am generally not featured in my fantastical world, why would I be? Unless I was dreaming up some kind of idealised version of myself...
I need to create things with my mind. It's like a habit that never died after childhood. So I generally have in mind a number of personalities, scenarios, settings... And then from my dreams, I'll put it on paper and write a book. Illustrate... write music... I have to create to stay - relatively - sane.

And this.

I can't believe it's been over two years. Wow.
Old habits die hard.

Aletheia

I often fantasize that I'm in a hospice dying of cancer, so that I get to say goodbye to everyone. (Rather than dying old and alone in a gutter somewhere, which is more likely what will happen.)

Selfish, huh?