Can some of you describe your fantasy worlds to me?

Aletheia

I also have a dream that I write... something... which sells well enough that you can ditch the day job.

Aletheia

vision, two year ago (and there was more)

A cabin in the midst of a forest meadow, beneath a towering oak, girded with white ribbon. A golden light seeps from its roots, nourishing all in its domain. The girl in the cabin is tasked with caring from the tree and feeding it her love.

But the years are not kind to the oak and it sickens, its once proud bearing drooping from its branches. The grass turns to straw, and then to ash. Birds fall from the sky. The girl is distraught, and none of her caresses will restore it to health. In desperation she tears off the white ribbon, and as she does so, the roots at her feet buckle and arch to form a doorway. Venturing inside she finds not wood but a stony grotto dripping with moss.

At its heart lies a still pool, lit from within by a soft glow. The water runs through her fingers like liquid silk, quenching a thirst she never knew she had. Gazing into the depths she spies a crystal sphere filled with flickering fire, and is filled with an unbearable yearning for it. As she reaches for it, kneeling on the rocks, it shimmers and passes through her fingers, a reflection of something very far away.

Section_31

The world of star trek.

Where i no longer force myself to go to a job that i feel is below my intelligence level, simply to "chase the dollar" to survive. EVerybody is valued and the aqquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. Money is meaningless because of replication technology. So i never need to worry about it again. Instead i can focus on a life of scentific discovery and exploration and personal reflection. Humanity is much more evolved in its mentality and understanding of others, and those who are different arent shunned or seen as strange, instead theyre helped and encouraged and given the support thats needed.

Eh, just my shpiel :).

hidwell

The world of star trek.

Where i no longer force myself to go to a job that i feel is below my intelligence level, simply to "chase the dollar" to survive. EVerybody is valued and the aqquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. Money is meaningless because of replication technology. So i never need to worry about it again. Instead i can focus on a life of scentific discovery and exploration and personal reflection. Humanity is much more evolved in its mentality and understanding of others, and those who are different arent shunned or seen as strange, instead theyre helped and encouraged and given the support thats needed.

Eh, just my shpiel :).

One can only dream.

NeonDream

It sounds childish what I am going to say but...

I used to go to another world hoping to follow someone’s footsteps. An imaginary guide?

I imagined that I befriended a character named Ruby Gloom because she is always so cheerful in the world. She told me not to care what people made up about me.

When I first went to the school, I was fine until my "friends" made a lie so tremendously awful that my mother has received many phone calls about it. My parents questioned me about this and I had to give them proof that I am not what they called me. I was questioned...
My parents finally believed me and later on had to give proof too. I was glad that I only went to that school for a short period of time.
I wondered what Ruby Gloom have had done? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Canis lupus

Have 3 fantasy worlds.

The first I live together with the girl I love but never managed to do something about it. We have a small house with a big garden which we make as ecofriendly as we can and lot's of animals and in the evenings we lay in eachother arms whle watching some documentary.

The second is having my own dimension where I am a god and can create anything I want going from beautiful forests to a huge villa filled with beautiful girls.

And the third is a world without humans. Ofcourse I'm not part of this world but it's such a nice world.

Meggy0001

I actually have more than one fantasy world and I seem to swap round depending on how I feel. Sometimes it feels like I live more in my fantasy worlds than I do in reality. I zone out a lot and miss a lot of wants actually happening in the real world but I guess I don't want to be in the real world :/

coyote

prawns

butterscotch pudding

something sticky

the Solid Gold Dancers - especially the one with the dark hair

Sup Phyl

I imagine I'm an immortal warrior fighting for peace and justice throughout the ages but still remain distanced from the people in it.
It's sad but it takes my thoughts away from my solitude and other consequences of my avpd.

I never constructed a fantasy world, but I was a compulsive liar as a teen. I lied about where my family grocery shopped so others would think my family was well off. I made up fictitious social events that I "attended" with friends that I didn't have to impress people. I don't have that problem any more, but occasionally I'll have to resist the temptation to lie. I find it troubling that after all these years, I still have the urge to lie.

The closest thing I have to a fantasy world is occasionally visualizing myself out in a social situation. I'll be freely laughing, telling jokes, generally having a good time. Of course, when I actually go out the exact opposite happens, my behavior is stifled and I feel uncomfortable.

knowlife

In my world I'm normal. I can hold a full time job and support myself. I can talk to people and have intelligent and compelling things to say. Women find me attractive and a delight to be around. All problems have solutions and I never get embarrassed or treated like human garbage.

Fallguy12

My fantasy world is darkness. I crave darkness because it hides me, and it hides others from me. I dream of darkness. All my dreams take place in a night time setting. Years ago, when my AVPD was not as bad, a co-worker once asked me what was my dream girl like. I honestly couldn't give her an answer beyond her personality. I always met my dream girl in the middle of the night. I could hear her, touch her, smell her, but I couldn't describe what she looked like. In my dreams, we'd have long conversations until just before sunrise. And when the morning twilight came, when I could make out enough of my surroundings, I'd find she would be nothing more than a disembodied voice.

Sometimes, I'd even have friends in the darkness. Twenty people, impossibly crammed in my small bedroom, only shadows barely illuminated by the LED of my alarm clock. Some of them were childhood friends I hadn't seen since I was five. Others would be co-workers who I imagine I could have got along with. There is a diner in my closet, and at times we'd all pile in, share a hot cup of coffee at the counter, and just talk. Of course, there would be no lights in the diner, even though it's packed and you can hear conversation, the sizzling of the grill, and the clink of forks hitting dinner plates. Only a small splash of moonlight through the drawn blinds, illuminating the outlines of seated figures and waitresses moving between tables.

Engulfed707

i dream about a story i would love to put into a novel series. A young guy about 20 learns he is the descendant of a forgotten ancient god and learns that to return his lord to glory and gain his own power he must locate 4 lost artifacts hidden around the world. On the quest he learns of his vast history and complicated situation in his past life, when he ruled only second to the throne of the highest power existent. But not everything goes as planned once this goal is reached for him. He will have to prove his strength and faith against other soulless followers, armies of power-hungry gods, and his own inner demons that slowly take their toll on him, to fulfill his destiny in settling the chaos in the heavens.
that was tough to condense. i could go on haha.

Flanscho

I don't really have a fantasy world. When I was a kid, I just often wondered what it would be like, if I'd be suddenly the only human left on the planet.

At other times, I wondered what it would be like, to live far away from any civilization. Just me, in a hut in some mountain valley, with a creek and a small forest nearby.

Sometimes I still consider buying a patch of wilderness in Sweden. And then go there during holidays. First with a tent, and then construct a small shelter, and slowly improve things over the years.

i dream about a story i would love to put into a novel series. A young guy about 20 learns he is the descendant of a forgotten ancient god and learns that to return his lord to glory and gain his own power he must locate 4 lost artifacts hidden around the world. On the quest he learns of his vast history and complicated situation in his past life, when he ruled only second to the throne of the highest power existent. But not everything goes as planned once this goal is reached for him. He will have to prove his strength and faith against other soulless followers, armies of power-hungry gods, and his own inner demons that slowly take their toll on him, to fulfill his destiny in settling the chaos in the heavens.
that was tough to condense. i could go on haha.

Please do. Have you wrote any chapters? Sounds really interesting.

My fantasies mostly consisted of me being of divine heritage and destined for soveriegnity. I recruit human family members for a revolution resulting in the governments soul aim being making happyness as accessable as imaginable. Human emotions and lives take priority over a game of monopoly. Society ceases to be satanic or dishonest or unfair or cold and starts embracing warmth and intimacy. Since i mentioned intimacy, i even get a princess. (this actually happens i believe very very very strongly).

Last edited:

laure15

Please do. Have you wrote any chapters? Sounds really interesting.

My fantasies mostly consisted of me being of divine heritage and destined for soveriegnity. I recruit human family members for a revolution resulting in the governments soul aim being making happyness as accessable as imaginable. Human emotions and lives take priority over a game of monopoly. Society ceases to be satanic or dishonest or unfair or cold and starts embracing warmth and intimacy. Since i mentioned intimacy, i even get a princess. (this actually happens i believe very very very strongly).

My fantasy story has some similarities with this, but for now, I would like to keep it a secret. I don't feel comfortable revealing anything from it yet.

when i am in my fantasy world, i don't literally make up stories or worlds. i just tune out. i'm not "present." i will watch movies, read, surf internets, listen to music, whatever i have to do to avoid reality (people). i can go deep in my thoughts; sometimes i think about movies, scenarios from real life, scenarios that could happen in real life. a lot of "what ifs". i run a lot of circles in my mind. if i think about something- i think about it a million times over
I never dream about anything that is "unreal". I have a really hard time understanding stuff that is completely made up, and I don't think I can relate to it on the same level as some other people do. My daydreams also consist of real-life thinhs that could happen in the present. When it's about myself, I don't know if I dream about having great power, or being all that important
That is all the fantasy i can create (not much). Maybe i've got too much GAD to seldom ever relax enough to get into any fantasy stuff properly, and/or i'm too honest/realistic/practical. Never been any good at imagination, only left-brain stuff.