Citalopram

You won't die or be extra drunk or anything, but the meds won't work as well as they could if you constantly drink. I drank every weekend I was on citalopram and was fine, but maybe that's why it crapped out on me after a while?

What Effect Did Drinking And Taking Citropram Have On Your mind?

Because last dec My Paranoia and Anxiety Went through the roof x 10.

DillJenkins

I was on it for 40mg for like 5 months or so. It helped alot at first with the most help between week 5-6.

Unfortunately after about 4 months it stopped working. One side effect I got was diminished appetite and this went away about the same time it stopped working. Its like my brain adjusted and grew tolerance.

It eventually started to make me more depressed and give me suicidal thoughts. I have no history of suicidal thought/attempts either.

It got off an now im trying effexor. hope it works@lol

getbornagain

What Effect Did Drinking And Taking Citropram Have On Your mind?

Because last dec My Paranoia and Anxiety Went through the roof x 10.

Yeah. All I can say is that the hangover is magnified x100. I'd always be soo hungover all day long, and my anxiety would be pretty bad. The OCD would win those days I'd be ruminating all day.... But that's just another day in the office lol..... It's definitely worth your while to lay off the booze when on the meds to let your brain get the full benefits.

While I was drinking though, no noticeable difference. I'd be having a good time, no anxiety or paranoia or whatever. I don't think it lowered or increased my booze tolerance either.

grimaldi

this drug seems to have such various effects on people it's hard to believe. some state winders, as for me it was: chronic fatigue, sexual disorder (couldn't cum), dry mouth, loss of apetite, lower ability when worker out (i am a football player)

it totally sucked i couldn't manage more than 2-3 weeks.

Mikefly

I take Citolopram i think it's like a generic lexapro, it's really helped me out . I don't ever get too down on myself anymore and it seems to help with social anxiety too. I couldn't be happier using this along with Klonopin 1-1.5 mgs per day and for the Citalopram i take 40 mgs per day.

Mikefly

Also , obviously if you drink alcohol on anything like Citalopram, anti-depressants, etc. your gonna have side effects to the alcohol, black out even from 4-5 drinks , not remembering alot of what you said the night before, acting kinda sluggish more than usual like i said even from just a few drinks. My therapist told me that the ingrediant in alcohol and ant-anxiety meds and some anti-depressants have the same chemical element in them as alcohol.