Clean the forums up!

ignisfatuus

remus said:
Is that targetted at me?

Of the few posts I've seen of yours I haven't seen any hint of complaint and in fact have seen challenges to some posters on certain things (a freedom that may be construed as "contentious" by some of the whiners I am referring to). Actually, the people I had in mind, as I have already mentioned, are the SAS mods who erase posts as they please and reflexively label anybody who offends their so-called sensibilities a troll. They're entitled to do that as they provide the time and money to run it, however I will not waste my time on a board that stifles criticism against it, despite its pertinence.

Remus

Staff member
Well I came here from SAUK which has moderation second to none.

I was hoping for something similar here.

obviously not

MarCPatt

Well, I just get sick of reading made up stuff, that you know is nothing, but someone basically making fun of us. It would be good to be able to remove the trash.

Remus

Staff member
MarCPatt said:
but someone basically making fun of us..

yup, what a sad life they must lead

if all they got to do in thier spare time is take the piss outta people who are worse off than them.

We dont have lives because of an illness, they dont have lives maybe because they are too obnoxious to have freinds

Anonymous

i have to agree with remus to be honest.
im not uptight or anything, but some of the stuff is just stupid, and this is a SOCIAL ANXIETY forum, for people who struggle with critism, struggle to cope with day to day life and for many who struggle to even post - and then we have people coming in and typing god knows what shit, telling them just to take their life, or to 'get over it', along with some of the sleaze.
im 15, there are others here my age, maybe younger. As ive said, im not uptight and i cant say im innocent to all the stuff people talk about on here, but some of it is rediculous and whos to say there arent people who DO get greatly offended by this stuff, who come on here for support not to see talk about sex, cocks and whatever?

im not saying that we should completely ban any of this kinda talk, just maybe keep it to the off topic thing or the apptly named 'relationship, friendship and sex' forum (or along those lines, whatever)

i also agree with the person who said that we shouldnt be thinking about SA all day long, i agree totally that it helps to add humour into your life, to think about other stuff, but people on here should not feel that they CANT talk about a problem, important to themselves without being harshly rdiculed by others who have no sense of kindness, helpfullness or integrity about them.

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Only registered users can post in the forum now(Test)
If you have a certain number of posts you can be moderator and clean up the forum becauses I don't have time to do this, email me for moderation permission.

Remus

Staff member
why not have a 'nomination of moderators' thread?

theres a few more sensible people on here than me that should do the job well :lol:

That Yossarian guy seems level headed to me :)

Remus

Staff member
Masterpiece2 said:
George Orwell's 1984 finally came true.
Welcome Oceania to spw.*sigh*

why dont you moderate it then?

you seem more lax than most?

Remus

Staff member
I'd vote for you too fred and worrydoll too, they seem level headed and fair

Fredscars

aww, thankyou.lol. But isnt it a bit dangerous for people with sp to have moderators? i mean..if someone gets rid of a post, people with get paranoid..or we might be paranoid about what was an innocent post etc..?
just a thought

Chilling__Echo

awww, the boards' evolving. i feel like we're a colony forming a government... ok no more comparisions from me i swear

but yeah, glad it's moderated now! i'm so tired of the waves of trolls coming in

Fredscars

hmm yea i guess.. well id be happy enough to do it..i think. but i dunno. dont want people on here to think im up myself. call a vote

ahh i love greenday

Yossarian

If we get a moderator here can we have the guests back? I can't express how disappointed I am that you have to register to post.

Sure there have been some stupid posts, one or two nasty. But the vast, overwhelming posts by guests have been intelligent, supportive, compassionate, insightfull, helpfull and humorous etc etc. Just as much as any member.

I can't help feel we have lost more than we have gained. All because of a few inane, childish trolls. In my opinion they have now won due to this knee jerk reaction. All we had to do was ignore them.

Yossarian

What about having sections, some moderated some not. Or some where you have to register and some where you don't?. That way it gives us personal choice rather than an all or nothing system....just a thought :cry: