Clean the forums up!

Yossarian

True but things usually calm down anyway. Oh well, I guess it's good to try things out and see how they go. Just feels emptier to me :?

Remus

Staff member
Webmaster said:
Only registered users can post in the forum now(Test)
If you have a certain number of posts you can be moderator and clean up the forum becauses I don't have time to do this, email me for moderation permission.

he's only doing this till things calm down, so why throw wobblers about it?

if it gets out of hand again I'm fucking off back to SAUK and not bothering with this place anymore, I cant be arsed scrolling through piles of infintile shite to find anything worth reading.

Remus

Staff member
no thx mate I already turned it down, , I'm too antagonistic and opinionated to become any kind of moderator.

and dont suffer fools gladly either

Yossarian

NO ONE CAUSES ANOTHER TO COMMIT SUICIDE. I'm with you on bringing back guests but that was an out of line thing to say.

Yeah we broke our promises. We were drunk and pissed off at the time. Hey we're lonely *shrugs* Plus it would be unfair to rob the world of Woz.

Remus

Staff member
I'm up for moderating if they bring back guest privilages, then I'll rid the boards of the trolling posts (and personal attacks)

Yossarian

Yay for Mr Remus!!!

Hip hip - Yay!
Hip hip - Yay!
Hip hip - Yay!

We would still be allowed to post silliness right?....and drunk? :oops:

Remus

Staff member
Yossarian said:
Yay for Mr Remus!!!

Hip hip - Yay!
Hip hip - Yay!
Hip hip - Yay!

We would still be allowed to post silliness right?....and drunk? :oops:

of course, mods jobs are to remove nastyness, we get enough of that in the real world, it has no place here

Yossarian

I quite agree Remus. Have you applied to be a mod yet? Is the webmaster still alive? has he finished dismantling the site yet?

It's definately worth a try.

Remus

Staff member
he asked me to do it and I turned the offer down

but with recent events i.e. the two masons, I can see certain posts need removing, so I decided to ask if he'd accept me to do it for a bit, if other people apply and become mods I'd bow out as I'm not really keen on the flak you get when being a mod (with the people you edit or delete posts)

Danfalc

Banned
Remus.... people will get offended, but hey s**t happens,Ive read a few of your posts on this site and saux aswell,and i mean im not brown nosing here but i think u would be good as a mod.

Tim001

I'm all for cleaning up the forums. It's tough to sort through the off-topic stuff to get to some real material related to SA. I also agree with deleting posts who's only intention is to hurt and attake people.

Having said that, there is always a danger that things will go too far and that the forum will be diluted and some of the really good stuff will get taken away. People should have the right to express both sides of an issue.Views that are expressed strongly are sometimes misinterpreted to be malicious. Additionally, this may cause some not to post their real feelings for fear of being banned. Censorship is a serious thing and should not be taken lightly.

Tim001

Thanks Remus, but I think I lack the maturity needed for a position like that. I probably don't have enough posts to my credit anyway. :wink: