Hastings & Main

Love VS Loneliness

How can you love someone
If you think that you're no one
When you mistreat yourself,
and think it's all you deserve
Cause it's so hard to care
Is this love, or is it loneliness?

How can you demand respect - when you have no respect?
When you abuse your body, never mind your mind
And you're your own worst victim
There'll be no love, just loneliness

Why do you force a smile - when you know all the while
That you're burning inside, but don't want no one to know
The hell that you're in
As love turns to loneliness

How can you sleep at night?
When you know it's not alright
When you wake up in the morning, nothin' has changed
If you do nothin' about it
Love becomes loneliness
Love vs loneliness, love vs loneliness

And when you're down and you think you need something
The temptation's so hard to resist
But what you grab sure ain't what you needed
That's not love, it's loneliness
And when you're lonely and think you need someone
The plot takes a painful twist
There ain't no one that can make you feel like someone
Only you can cure loneliness

How can you be confident when you're all wrong with it
When you know what you're doing and you're doing it wrong
It's no misunderstanding
This ain't love - this is loneliness
How can you love someone - if you think that you're no one?

Insanely depressed about being single. Not just because i'm not in a relationship but because I don't think i ever will be and pretty much everyone around me is. Because I can barely get a date and because people assume my dating life is great or should be great. :mad:

Purplepixies

I'm depressed because being in a relationship is apparently part of growing up. I'm 20 and it makes me feel like I'm 12 because of the fact that I'm still a virgin. :(

Honda

Guys, this means there is a problem and something should be done to fix it... Its hard to figure it out but once you start you'll get there eventually..

markraytan

I've been feeling like this for quite a while already, but lately for some reason it kinda got worse. I get like this really sinking feeling every time I see couples on the streets. Used to like being alone, but now it just sucks being like this.::(:

rustyrus303

I wouldn't say I was depressed because I was single-- but depressed because I was completely heartbroken.

After almost 2 years, I feel like I'm okay with being without him, though. I read somewhere that it's supposed to take half the time you were in a relationship to get over the person.
For me, it was 8 years together... and I do believe it will take me at least 4 to feel like I can move on without him.
It's been half that time and I'm only just now beginning to feel like I don't want to die.

I'm okay with being single, though. I don't feel like I have to have a boyfriend all the time just for the sake of having one--- like some girls/guys seem to think.
Although my relationship status will never be 'single' on facebook... or I'd face a barrage of facebook dating emails in my inbox. :mad: and that is annoying as hell!

im still in the wanting to die stage... but im hoping i can take these feelings i still have nd give them to someone else who deserves them. because i dont think i was in love with her as much as im in love with just bein in love.

Right now, yes, Im very, very depressed about being single. But then, the word single implies maybe a unit, "1", and I dont even feel like that - a whole person. Someone wrote here that happiness is only real if shared, and that I think that sums up how I feel very well (thankyou to who wrote that above). I split up from the most intimate relationship of my life 6 years ago now, in hindsight I know 100% she was very, very bad for me, but the warped thing is thats the closest I have ever been to anyone, and for the longest time (2 years, engaged). I have never been the same since that experience.
I ache for intimacy now, Ive tried solitude and its become unhealthy. I dont know how much longer I can go on pretending I can survive alone. I need someone.

MaliceInWickedland

It's weird: I feel depressed when I'm single but when I actually do get a boyfriend I want to get out of the relationship not too long after I get into it. Usually it's because the guy is either too clingy, not what I thought he was, makes me feel too awkward, or just not my type. I also think its because the majority of guys I've dated, save one, were social and made the relationship very difficult and awkward for me. I really want to date a shy guy or someone with SA like me but it's extremely hard to find a guy like that where I live, especially a loyal one.

BratBaby

Im usually like that but even now that I have a boyfriend Im sad again and feel lonely guy im dating isnt talking to me and he says he is busy this week but he has been busy other times and still talked to me I wish he would talk to me so I can end it & we can just be friends because I dont think its gonna work anymore I want a b/f who can not just talk to me but spend time with me too and he just cant do that right now..he says he loves me but it doesnt seem like it..but I probably scared him away with my doubts even though he said I havent but ive been hurt alot by guys and trusting is hard sometimes :/

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I do feel lonely sometimes, but a visit to one of my "coupled-up" friend's houses usually cures that. Most of my friends who are in relationships are at the point that they're only still in them because they don't want to be dating again, be alone, or start over.

I tell myself that I'm going to make it count whenever I get my **** together, that I'll find someone right for me and avoid all the immature pitfall/ruts that my friends have stumbled into.

It makes me feel better, anyway. Ha Ha

perfect timing for me to see THIS thread! I've never gotten depressed about being single before, but I'm only 22 and haven't been single since I was 15. Went from a 2 year relationship to a 5 year relationship, with the latter just ending 4 days ago! So yeah, right now I'm super depressed. Not so much as to the fact that I'm single, but the fact that I'm not with him anymore because that was 5 years of my life and I truly love him. What made it worse was that, not even 3 days before he broke up with me, he was still saying how he wanted to be with me forever and that i was the one he wanted to marry (and no, I wouldn't never push these subjects and he was always the one to bring it up). And then he breaks up with me saying that I've hurt him my not being affectionate and happy around him (which wasn't bc of him, it's the damn SA and depression!) and that he wants us to breakup and grow as separate people and "who knows what will happen in the future." Gosh, I hate guys...lol.

nothingtofear

I guess I'm a bit depressed and I'm single and I wish I wasn't single but I know that I'm not depressed because I'm single and I know that I could be happier without being in a relationship... but I also know that a relationship is one (of many) things that could make me happy.

Happiness comes from within... you know, strength of will, perseverance, self awareness and good control over your thoughts and emotions and all that good stuff - but external factors definitely have an influence, I just don't think they're absolutely deterministic.

Vampayah88

Yes I am depressed because im 21 and still never had a bf. And I think this is one of the main reasons my parents and my brother still treat me like a ****ing child, because they never saw me with a guy, therfore, i must not be too mature in their eyes.

Fighter86

I'm depressed not because I am single, but because I have no one. I am not looking for a relatonship, it would be too difficult and taxing for me to handle. I am just looking for a companion to spend time with, but this isn't even working out. I think
I am scaring guys away by being too clingy, lol.

It's a tough one relationships are hard with phobias like these. I have a casual thing going for a good bit over a year, I mean I guess it's not so casual in that it's been going on so long and we don't see other people. But casual in that we dont live in each others pockets and we don't do coupley things, no issues with meeting familys or anniversarys. No stress. We've got to being really good friends and often he'll ring me if he's got a problem at work or that and vica versa but neither of us would say were going out.

I used to have normal relationships but I found them high maintenance because it always has to be more for some reason. And I found it quite stressful. And because I am by nature a little introverted and to myself I don't like sharing all my thoughts and time and life with another person I like to keep myself to myself. All of my previous relationships ended because we wanted different things. Once, because he wanted for us to move abroad together (I thought not that ended and he went alone) and twice because they wanted for us to get married (I thought not) no no casual sort of not going out suits me just fine

A friend

Right now, I think it's best to appreciate what you have right now in life. If you have a computer with internet that allows you to talk to people who can help you with your problems, or just vent in let them hear you issues, than that is something to be thankful for.

After all, having a girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband is not the key to happiness. If anything, it adds a lot of excess baggage and even more problems. Yes...there is an empty space in a lot of people that can only be filled with a special someone, but know this:

Having a girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife is not the key to happiness.

I wanted a girlfriend in the past, but I realize that's not something that can help me AT ALL. So I do my best, and try to gain immunity to that sort of loneliness.

Don't be sad because you're single, there's nothing you can really do. After all, you will see Jesus getting married to the Easter bunny before you find the right person (that's how it's going to be for me, at least).