Depressed because you're single?

Purplepixies

I don't need the Perfect person, just someone who sort of fits in with my interests, who cares, and just someone to say "hey, I'm going to pack some stuff and stay at my hubby's for the weekend". And I hope its a rainy weekend, so we can watch movies, make a little tent with a large blanket in between 2 chairs like kids would. And just make love and fall asleep in the middle of our living room camp. *sigh*

Deus_Ex_Lemur

In the past week I've had two dreams about two different guys (none of whom really exist but who looked so real in my dream) who I both fell in love with and who, in my dreams, were so perfect for me. I hope its a sign that I'm due to meet somebody soon.

I'm flattered Twig, really... ::eek:: But I'm really not that perfect, trust me...

:D jk I hope it means this too, you deserve a good loving bloke dude.

SM1010

I guess a little. More so frustrated though.

I'm just too passive around women, in every area. I pretty much don't ever approach women. And when a girl is clearly into me I'm usually too passive and don't make moves when I need too.

iamthenra

I'll be 43 in a few weeks, and I've never had a girl friend...or any romantic relationship... That fact does make me depressed, and terribly lonely. Some things will never change, even though I have pushed myself to my own limits to try to improve my chances in finding that significant other... But even my best efforts are not enough... The women I have talked with have all said that I lack confidence, and they were not interested in me at all.... It has to be more than that... my guess is it's my fears and anxiety that pushes people away? People must get the sense that I am overly anxious or nervous and it must make them uncomfortable... Or maybe I just lack a personality... Or maybe it's the fact that I still live with my mother... or that I have a significant amount of taxidermy... The list is so long of all the things that I believe must bother others enough to not want to hang out with me... All I can say is being alone your entire life sucks, and I hate it.

Conspiracy

Well....not depressed that I'm single, but I am depressed when I have a crush on someone. It goes on and on and she gives hints that she might like you, but then you start being paranoid and having all these thoughts in your head and then you get plunged into hell >_<. Dammit, sucks like hell. Really not worth it. Wish I didn't have emotions.

Conspiracy

Well I'm 16 and depressed I haven't started dating yet. Why? Because I can't watch my teenhood pass by me like that.

A friend

I don't think you can change that, but there is much more to life than having a girlfriend, and I highly doubt that having a girlfriend/wife is the greatest thing in life.

Eraserhead

I'm genuinely concerned that no woman will ever be attracted to me. I don't feel good enough for a relationship. I'm a monster, subhuman.

A friend

No, you are not. Just because you're single does not mean you're a bad person. Most of the time, having a girlfriend is a status symbol, it can't determine who you are.

chrisjurban

yeah...i'm pretty depressed right now because i broke up with my ex like, 2-3 wks ago. something like that. i couldn't stop thinking about her at first, but now even though she doesn't cross my mind as frequently, i feel pretty depressed and sad in general. not that it's a bad feeling, it's really just a feeling, and it kind of makes me happy, it makes me feel human...or something, idk. i'm not in despair, just sad. and i miss her. i don't mind being single, i broke up with her to explore freedom and to expand myself...and there were some other issues...up there were, obviously, good parts, and that's what i miss...

Invisibleman

I am actually and I have been for a while.I dont like summer that much because you see love everywhere,and I hope im not the only one but I actually get really jealous when I see couples together. A few days ago I was at the Rogers cup in Montreal and I didnt think so many gorgeous young girls were into tennis but they were everywhere.And out of the thousands of girls I seen i didnt see a single girl that wasnt with a guy.To be honest this was the breaking point for me and I feel so depressed. I dont understand why love comes to everybody so easily and I have such a hard time.I feel so left out and lonely.Ive been trying to convice myself that il find a girl someday but I keep second guessing myself.

megalon

I dont understand why love comes to everybody so easily and I have such a hard time.

I totally relate to this. I remember a while ago my brother was telling me not to be so depressed about it and I'm better off single and all that bs. I told him it's because the thing I want most in life is the one thing that is impossible for me to obtain. Everyone else gets it so easily, takes it for granted, even throws it away, and I can never even get close to it.

upndwn

I totally relate to this. I remember a while ago my brother was telling me not to be so depressed about it and I'm better off single and all that bs. I told him it's because the thing I want most in life is the one thing that is impossible for me to obtain. Everyone else gets it so easily, takes it for granted, even throws it away, and I can never even get close to it.

I hear you. The few times I've actually ended up with someone they have usually left me the next day without any explanation. I'm 33 and have only been in one long term relationship lasting for four years from I was 15-19. I met a girl last summer and we had a thing going on for about half a year, but when things started to get serious she backed out and left me without explaining why. Everyone else I know are in and out of relationships all the time and takes it for granted leaving me wondering if there is something wrong with me.

My family and friends constantly ask me why I'm not with someone and I don't have any answer to give them. My uncle gave me the most heart wrenching remark a couple of Christmases ago, he said; "I guess some people are just meant to be alone", when we were talking about me being single.

I've tried regular dating and internet dating, and most of the girls I've met there I either never heard from again or they just wanted to be friends. There has been a few times when girls have hit on me, but I've either not been interested in them or I didn't realize it before it was to late.

A friend

If it's impossible to obtain, why bother thinking about it?