Depressed because you're single?

fitftw

Waaahhhhh I want a girlfriend waahhhhhhhh :'( :'( :'( I am so worthless waaahhhhhh why doesn't anybody LOVE MEEEEE WAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's pathetic. I used to be like that, I used to be emo. Then I grew up.

A friend

The way I see it, there is no point in being "normal". I'd prefer to be unique, and different from most people.

Those who assume the single virgins to be homosexual are what I consider to be the true evil creatures in the universe. Being single doesn't make anyone a freak, you can't force anyone to love you.

In my situation, I don't need anyone to love me. I have friends just so I can have fun and talk to people. Although having seizures has stripped me of the freedoms that you lose from being in a relationship, I still like my life the way it is.

If people don't like me for being single, than they can go flush their heads down their toilets filled with s@#&.

Oh yes, and by the way...Being single can possibly add to somebody being unique.

And this should explain why single people are loathed by certain societies around the planet:

YouTube - ‪Why Haters Hate‬‏

Amazing how many of these people exist, but they do.

This is the true reason why singles are hated.

So please listen/read (whatever) my advice, don't act like it's the worst thing in the world to be single. It's not.

Be grateful for what you have, don't think about it, and don't get lonely. Getting over loneliness is extremely difficult, but if you pray to your god (or do the equivilant of whatever you believe in), the depression will end.

I post in this thread to try to help people get over this depression. I know that I've said grim things and tried to discourage romantic love in harsh ways, but I only want to break the sources of negative energy in this area of human culture.

I don't like seeing and reading about good people being punished because they don't get to have fun in their beds or kiss some girl/guy every few minutes.

Yes, I never had a girlfriend before, but I've seen many of my friends and family gain unbelievible amounts of sadness in this area of life. I've seen it occur right in front of me.

For twenty years, I've gone throughout life and watched the ones I care about pay for the mistakes of cultures and civilizations across the world (in the area of love), and I want it to stop.

I understand that my friends and I can't stop everyone from being sad because they don't have love lives, but I know that I can save some people from the mistakes of the media.

Don't be sad because you're single, there is much more to life than kissing some pretty girl you met at a random bar in some town or something like that.

Love is NOT the greatest thing in life (it's actually far from being anything like that in the slightest). I can't say that I'm absolutely sure of this (I never had a girlfriend/wife), but I have seen so many people hate their lives because they went through marriage and things of that nature.

One day, we will all be freed from the curse we call love.

So, be grateful for your freedom, and be happy.
:D

A friend

Its sad that people seem to judge others on the basis of how many relationships they've had. At Uni people used to call me lesbian etc just because I made it clear I wasn't actively seeking a relationship.

The truth is that it has nothing to do with relationships. Their disdainful attitudes comes from the resentment towards difference. The video I posted shows exactly why those people acted that way towards you.

Especially with S.A.... I find it hard to trust even my good friends and get really upset when I think they're annoyed with me... so I know the anxiety would be ten times worse with somebody I thought I was "in love with"

I don't know for sure, but I think that being single might make it easier to get over SA.

And I agree with the point that was made earlier on that some people only marry because they think they should. That's why we have such high divorce rates - people marrying for the wrong reasons.

Let's not be too cynical because for some people it CAN work.

LIES. Well, I don't want to argue with you, I really do not wish to argue. But I say that it CAN'T work (for me at least) because I'm trying to make it so that people don't have to experience pain any more.

I have never seen one instance of TRUE happiness in those kinds of relationships before (between my friends in family).

The way I see it, love is the key to pure/unrestrained misery, and it should not be promoted in any way.

I'm sorry if I made you angry in any way, please don't get mad! ::(:

I just don't see why being single should be looked down upon.

Like I said, many people are afraid of difference.

MoniqueNS

Banned
I can get into moods where I obsess over mistakes I've made in the past with guys. But right now, I just need and want to be single. Until I'm much healthier and happier with myself, I think a relationship would just be destructive. So I'm happy to be single right now cause I know its whats best for me.

A friend

Good idea.

And I don't want to tell you what to do, but I think it should stay that way for...pretty much indefinitely.

Like I said in my other posts, being single should be promoted. You don't get anything from being in a marriage or anything like that.

Love is an idea that should be looked down upon and it should be treated like garbage (getting what it deserves for the damage it has done to the human race.

Mickery

Perhaps you need to have a think about what the reasons may be for your taking such a strong stance.

Good for the ones who are happy being alone. But there are two reasons which meake me hate being single. The first and most primitive one, is biology. I'm genetically attracted to women. But is not just about that (or I would pay money for company a long time ago).

Sorry but I believe in love. And not in the hollywood-disney cartoonish love. I belive that if two people are intelligent enough, they can make each others lifes way better that if theywere alone. I got most of my basic needs fullfilled, studying the carrer I want and doing great at it. But that's not enough. I want to share my toughts, my feelings, my life with a woman. I don't care about what others may think about the fact that I'm single, is the fact of being alone what depresses me.

I've seen people being happy with love, if you look at the ones who got miserable, is because one or both weren't intelligent enough. But again, I don't care about others cases, I want to make my own story

Last edited:

nightcrawler

I have to admit that as you get older being single gets harder. I guess it's the thought of growing old alone...it just seems very sad ::(:

I have never been in a long term relationship and 99% of the time I enjoy being single. However with my 40th birthday approaching the idea of sharing my life with someone special is becoming more appealing. Even if I try it and it fails miserably...at least I can say I gave it a go but it just wasn't for me. The prospect of being old one day and looking back on my life and regretting never doing something is pretty scary.

Honda

No offense but if you lived a life like that of most people around you.... You wont be thinking about all this endless cycle of trying to make yourself feel better and justify your misfortune..

The only reason other people are moving ahead in life is because they dont stick such matters in their minds... Might aswell try to do the same...

I would like to be unique but I dont want to be alien aswell..

A friend

No offense but if you lived a life like that of most people around you.... You wont be thinking about all this endless cycle of trying to make yourself feel better and justify your misfortune..

What do you mean? :confused:

The only reason other people are moving ahead in life is because they dont stick such matters in their minds... Might aswell try to do the same...

I would like to be unique but I dont want to be alien aswell..

...Um, yes. Good idea.

I have to admit that as you get older being single gets harder. I guess it's the thought of growing old alone...it just seems very sad ::(:

Trust me, you'll be much more miserable and sad if you get a girlfriend/wife.

I have never been in a long term relationship and 99% of the time I enjoy being single. However with my 40th birthday approaching the idea of sharing my life with someone special is becoming more appealing. Even if I try it and it fails miserably...at least I can say I gave it a go but it just wasn't for me.

The prospect of being old one day and looking back on my life and regretting never doing something is pretty scary.

Why? The only thing you're doing is avoiding decades/centuries full of pain, misery, and constant suffering.

I've seen and heard several stories (non-fictional) and seen it up close and personal, about people (friends/family) hating their lives and wishing they never had one first kiss with anyone. My best friend told me that he wishes that he could live his life without being sexually attracted to the opposite gender (any gender for that matter), and he has said that the thing he wants most in life is to enjoy it without needing the love of a girl/woman.

Another reason why love isn't a good thing, even in the slightest.

I haven't seen any happy couples, so I consider true love to be mythical in all senses. If I ever see a happy couple, chances are that I'd be drunk.

Last edited:

A friend

No offence but i really hope i never have that attitude. For me finding someone that makes me happy, and vice versa, seems like the greatest thing that could happen. I think it would satisfy my soul, as Bob Marley says. Plus wouldn't it be great to have a pair of boobs there that you can play with whenever you want. It seems magical, but then i've never been in love so maybe i'm idealistic.

I don't want to be stupid or anything, but is that a bad attitude to have?

recluse

If i am being honest it would be wrong for me to burden a woman with my problems, i mean there's no use being in a relationship if one can't be happy with oneself. I'm being brutally honest with myself by saying that my anxiety/depression makes me a vey dull person and no one wants to be with a dull person.

I do get depressed at every passing year that i've never had a girlfriend, at my age (30) most people have a string of ex's behind them and i feel strange for not having a history like other people.

The worst thing is the loss of hope that i will ever meet a soulmate. I'm not bothered about sex, (that is just a bonus i suppose) i would rather have someone to snuggle up to at night. A lot of relationships are based around sex and that is wrong, i mean you hear about a lot of relationships ending because of sexual problems!? If that is the core of relationships then it's f'd up!

What does make life hard for me is that i have no close friends to hang around with so i feel very lonely.

A friend

If i am being honest it would be wrong for me to burden a woman with my problems, i mean there's no use being in a relationship if one can't be happy with oneself. I'm being brutally honest with myself by saying that my anxiety/depression makes me a vey dull person and no one wants to be with a dull person.

I do get depressed at every passing year that i've never had a girlfriend, at my age (30) most people have a string of ex's behind them and i feel strange for not having a history like other people.

The worst thing is the loss of hope that i will ever meet a soulmate. I'm not bothered about sex, (that is just a bonus i suppose) i would rather have someone to snuggle up to at night. A lot of relationships are based around sex and that is wrong, i mean you hear about a lot of relationships ending because of sexual problems!? If that is the core of relationships then it's f'd up!

What does make life hard for me is that i have no close friends to hang around with so i feel very lonely.

ARGH!!! :mad:

I don't want to sound rude, but please trust me when I say love isn't "the magical bundle of joy that makes the world a better place!"

Getting a girlfriend doesn't make you a better/happier person, you're just giving yourself another job that doesn't make any money!

My suggestion: Get some friends, get a pet, or just dwell upon gratitude. You're going to have an unhappy life if you start that sort of relationship with a woman.

Enjoy what you got. If you have a computer and internet access, then there's no reason why you can't have friends!

MrJones

Getting a girlfriend doesn't make you a better/happier person, you're just giving yourself another job that doesn't make any money!
You think that being in a relationship is a job?

Then my suggestion for you is:
"Get some friends, get a pet, or just dwell upon gratitude. You're going to have an unhappy life if you start that sort of relationship with a woman."

A friend

Well, I'm trying to help people avoid starving themselves on happiness because they aren't lucky in the dating world.

Being depressed because you're single is an atrocious thing, therfore I figure that if I discourage love, and get multiple people to join me, the world will be a better place.

I know that sounds mentally ill, but getting a girlfriend is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than anyone knows of. So I believe that if the concept of romantic love is removed from human culture, it will be one large step closer to bringing happiness for everyone.

Please excuse me if I sound like a totally rude fanatic, but this is what I believe.

You think that being in a relationship is a job?

Then my suggestion for you is:
"Get some friends, get a pet, or just dwell upon gratitude. You're going to have an unhappy life if you start that sort of relationship with a woman."

Already have a pet, and dwelling upon gratitude. :D

I have no girlfriend/wife, so I am already safe from that sort of lethal disease called love.

Last edited:

MrJones

Well, I'm trying to help people avoid starving themselves on happiness because they aren't lucky in the dating world.

Being depressed because you're single is an atrocious thing, therfore I figure that if I discourage love, and get multiple people to join me, the world will be a better place.

I know that sounds mentally ill, but getting a girlfriend is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than anyone knows of. So I believe that if the concept of romantic love is removed from human culture, it will be one large step closer to bringing happiness for everyone.

Please excuse me if I sound like a totally rude fanatic, but this is what I believe.

Already have a pet, and dwelling upon gratitude. :D

I have no girlfriend/wife, so I am already safe from that sort of lethal disease called love.

If you're ok with it, good for you. I'll believe in love anyway ::p: