Do you think you're ugly?

Invisibleman

Yes. I mean I guess it kinda depends. I dont know if anybody else has this problem,but im always alright looking when im at home but then I go out in public and look in a shop mirror and im so disgusted,im absolutely horrified. I hate when its sunny because I look horrible in bright light ,you can see all the scars and dents in my face. This always happens at school and it always happens when I see my crush walking down the hall.

And also ive never ever ever had a girl say anything about my looks well,anything nice. Like seriously I sound like a loser but I wish just one girl would call me cute before I die::(:

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

I definitely don't think I'm ugly, but I do feel insecure sometimes like many people (well, I suppose most everyone has those moments). But what is weirdest of all is, I feel like I look fine when I look in the mirror in my bedroom and the ones in the bathrooms in my house. But when I go out in public, any mirror or reflective surface shows me something different, someone very young and.... silly-looking.

I wonder if it's just my state of mind while I'm out in public.

IGotSeoul

With the media and entertainment's centralized take on beauty, fashion and nonsense, and provided my complete disinterest in it; I do feel ugly when I make comparisons to what the norm feels is sparkly and pretty.

I am neither sparkly nor pretty.

jonas89

I don't think that I'm ugly, I worry more about how skinny I'm though. Always trying to put some weight on but seems to be not working, even tho how much I exercise or eat correctly or unhealthy food, the god damn scale always show my the same numbers :(

IGotSeoul

And to those of you whom I have seen on this forum, take it from somebody who has no issue being honest; none of you are ugly. You are all just as beautiful on the outside as you are in the inside, we can be overbearingly critical of ourselves at times. Very seldom do you find such a wonderful, attractive community.

U

userremoved

I don't think that I'm ugly, I worry more about how skinny I'm though. Always trying to put some weight on but seems to be not working, even tho how much I exercise or eat correctly or unhealthy food, the god damn scale always show my the same numbers :(

You sound just like me. But no I dont think Im ugly. I dont think Im a hottie either. I'm just normal and Im fine with that. Too much beauty is a double edge sword. You never know if people like you for you or just because you're eye candy.

Depression Glass

My usual self-perception is of a giant, fat, hulking, drooly, smelly, disgustingly hideous ogre in a skirt. I have a skin-picking compulsion and so I am frequently 3 inches from the mirror zeroed-in on microscopic imperfections.

When I'm having a decent day, though, I am able to see that I am actually a very pretty girl who is extremely well-built and probably more on the side of 'intimidatingly attractive' than 'disgustingly hideous'. But then I start thinking how the lighting is probably just favorable or the angle is good and how no one else could probably think I am pretty even if I sometimes think so. I start thinking about how my skin looks when I'm 3 inches from the mirror; all those blackheads and skin color variation and hairs and ughhh.

Invisibleman

^this.I forgot to mention in my post that its not just my face im worried about im so damn insecure about my body. Im so short and im so skinny. I weigh 130 which isnt bad but you wouldnt think I weighed that much,my arms and legs are toothpicks. It was pretty embarassing walking around school on my free period and having a hall monitor ask if im a lost 9th grader (im grade 12).

HeadFace

I've gotten cute... Yet I can recall my (ex, now) best friend calling me like.. a 3/10 or something behind my back.
Personally, I think I'm barely average. Maybe even slightly below average. I'm not sure though. I think I look scary.

Phoenixx

Yeah. I mean come on look at my avatar pic... :D
^ Lemurs are so cute and fuzzy. :D

I'm not a huge fan of your uncle King Julien though. I mean, he can be funny and all, but he can get pretty annoying.

But you did happen to inherit your dance moves from him, right? ;)

jonas89

You sound just like me. But no I dont think Im ugly. I dont think Im a hottie either. I'm just normal and Im fine with that. Too much beauty is a double edge sword. You never know if people like you for you or just because you're eye candy.

you're exactly right. All people have a different taste in what they thing is attractive/ cute / beautiful or whatever we cant meet everyone's standards :)

jonas89

^this.I forgot to mention in my post that its not just my face im worried about im so damn insecure about my body. Im so short and im so skinny. I weigh 130 which isnt bad but you wouldnt think I weighed that much,my arms and legs are toothpicks. It was pretty embarassing walking around school on my free period and having a hall monitor ask if im a lost 9th grader (im grade 12).

I hear ya man, Im 173cm and 63 kg and I'm cool with my lower body but my upper parts are tiny haha my body is shaped like the latter; A :D

eatamoose372

Yes. I mean I guess it kinda depends. I dont know if anybody else has this problem,but im always alright looking when im at home but then I go out in public and look in a shop mirror and im so disgusted,im absolutely horrified. I hate when its sunny because I look horrible in bright light ,you can see all the scars and dents in my face. This always happens at school and it always happens when I see my crush walking down the hall.

And also ive never ever ever had a girl say anything about my looks well,anything nice. Like seriously I sound like a loser but I wish just one girl would call me cute before I die::(:

^this! I can look at myself in the mirror at home and think I look fine, but the second I catch a glimps of myself out in pubic... hello, insecurities and horribly negative emotions!
I don't so much mind the sun as long as it's chilly enough to wear a hoodie, because then I can kind of conceal my face ::eek::

lilmutegirl

I think I look okay, naturally, but could definitely use some help with my appearance. When going out, I always have friends do my hair and make-up (and help me pick out clothes). I think my style of dress is slightly below par...
I absolutely love my hair color, which is probably weird, because it's brown, but over the past few years, I've come to appreciate the subtle highlights and lowlights in it (I have not dyed it in probably 3 years, and all the color I have added has been grown out and cut off).
I have very nice eyes, despite the naturally dark circles...everyone in my family has them, so I guess I'm doomed...
I think I look best when I smile (I should, considering how much my parents spent on braces!)::p:
Anyway, I guess my answer is no, I don't really think I'm ugly in general, but some days are better than others, and I also don't usually think I'm stunning, or anything. If I get married again, I better be beautiful on my wedding day.

Summoning

People usually say I'm a pretty guy, but well, people say a lot of things.

I have a nice body but it would be better if I made a minimum of exercise.

Anyway, some days the glass is half full and I focus on my positives and the rest of the days the glass is half empty and I focus on my negatives.