Does anyone manage to go on holiday?

Scottish_Player

Ive never been away for about 12 years.My ideal holiday is to tour Scotland in a Vee Dub camper van 8) ive always wanted one of those.
Every year i say tell myself that i will go away for atleast a couple of days but i then realize i have no one to do these things with and i coudnt handle it on my own .If i had someone to go with me i could do it no problem. :roll:

IceLad

I manage to go away for a few days a couple of times a year.

It is incrediably hard going on your own. One advantage at least is that you have complete freedom over what you choose to do.

One thing I haven't plucked up the courage to do, is to have a drink/ meal in a pub/ restaurant. I usually end up surviving in fast food places.

Although I generally keep myself to myself, particularly when staying in hotels, it is worth forcing yourself to do at the end of the day.

I find it refreshing just to get out of the same everyday surroundings.

Anonymous

Scottish_Player said:
Every year i say tell myself that i will go away for atleast a couple of days but i then realize i have no one to do these things with and i coudnt handle it on my own .If i had someone to go with me i could do it no problem. :roll:

yeah, each year, i keep telling myself that i'll go away abroad for a week, but when the time comes to actually organise it, i start thinking about how bad it will be to do it all by myself, so i lose all motivation and chicken out....then i tell myself, ok, next year i'll go...of course, i never do

it is so frustrating because i also know that if i had someone to go with, it would be 100% different, so much easier and something to genuinely look forward to

i do go by myself on day trips to various places but always feel self-conscious when everyone else is in groups, so usually go find some remote walk where i can avoid meeting too many people

i find it very hard to get motivated to do things by myself, and as a result, have less imagination about things to do when i get there...just having someone to go with tranforms things and suddenly am filled with confidence and want to try this and try that, go have lunch in this restaurant, go visit such and such......but on my own, i'm just feeling anxious, avoid restaurants and other attractions, always take a packed- lunch and eat it somewhere private, and wonder why i bothered going in the first place

Anonymous

IceLad said:
I find it refreshing just to get out of the same everyday surroundings.

very true

when i do my little day trips, sometimes there can be bad moments, like when i arrive at the car-park and it is full of happy groups of people laughing and enjoying themselves, and i get out of my car alone and trudge of to do my walk alone, feeling that eveyone is watching the sad git all by himself

but i usually find some enjoyment in the day, particularly when i can get right away from people so can relax

and although such day trips may not be particularly spectacular, they at least create memories and experiences to look back on, rather than the far-too-many-weekends that i've spend indoors at home, doing not-a-lot and which provide no memories or life experiences whatsoever

i think i'll need to set myself the goal of spending a night away from home, and gradually try to build from there until i can handle a full week away wherever i feel like going....whislt it may not cure my sa, i hope it will make my life more fulfilling and give me more confidence to just do things and not constantly worry myself into not trying anything