Dont You Hate It When "Normal" People Complain?

panicsurvivor

Well, "normal" is ingrained in our minds and in our societies. It's practically a living, breathing being.

This much is true.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but some of this still sounds like a load of BS to me. People have spent decades sitting in a room, because they're too scared to leave their homes. It's called a glass prison. Just because mental disorders aren't visible, it doesn't make them any less torturous. Everyone has a right to complain... some people need an outlet of some kind... some people need to get it off their chests. You're not obligated to listen, however.
Did you read my post? You quoted it but did you read it? Of course I will listen. If you have read my other posts you would see that I listen and try and help. I care very much. And believe me no one understands a glass prison better than me. My entire post was about the fact that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN. Again I have to ask did you read my post. This thread was started because the user was saying they hate when normal people complain about there problems. You said it in your response that everyone has the right to complain.

Xylia

Did you read my post? You quoted it but did you read it? Of course I will listen. If you have read my other posts you would see that I listen and try and help. I care very much. And believe me no one understands a glass prison better than me. My entire post was about the fact that EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN. Again I have to ask did you read my post. This thread was started because the user was saying they hate when normal people complain about there problems. You said it in your response that everyone has the right to complain.

I did read your post... It sounded to me that you contradicted yourself.

By default if you have a computer and are complaining about your state of mind with a full belly, you don't have a right to complain at all.

Just saying...

panicsurvivor

I did read your post... It sounded to me that you contradicted yourself.

Just saying...

I did not contradict myself at all. I was taking it to the extreme. My post was about the fact that everyone has the right to vent and complain. Everyone. As I said the original poster said that they hated it when regular people complain about their unimportant problems. I think that this is really unfair and negative.
I said "by default" if you have food in your belly and a computer you don't have a right to complain. I was following the thought to its conclusion. Because their are a lot of people in the world who would look at people with SA, PD.....and all the others as being a bunch of cry babies. For them survival is a struggle, so what are we complaining for. Some how you have taken my post and turned it inside out. Telling me that I don't have to listen to my friends problems, and that I am the one saying stop complaining. And laughably trying to tell me about the concept of a glass prison!!! I live in quite a small fragile one myself, and have for over a decade.
Anyway, I don't know if you didn't understand my post, or if you were trying argue against it. If you are trying to ague with me, and you think that "normal" people don't have a right to complain, then please do so without cutting up my post and misquoting it like a politician.

JamesSmith

I think what the OP is referring to by "normal" people is the people without Social Anxiety Disorder. You could class most humans as outgoing. And yes, it does tick me off to hear about how outgoing people get mad about some short period of time that they have to spend alone, while I'm sitting here spending most of my life alone. Or when they complain because they haven't had sex in a month, that really makes me mad when they say something like that. To hear one of my friends say they are upset because they haven't had a g/f in two months, ugh. For me, it's like hey, I haven't had a g/f in five years and have only had one g/f in my whole life.

I'm sorry for everyone who says people are fighting a hard battle, because that is not the case with everyone. Most of my friends aren't fighting a hard battle, they are very happy with their lives. Yes, there are people that have it worse than me, but the majority of people have it better than me. SAD is close to as bad as it gets. It takes away your life, it takes away people and job opportunities. These are the two most crucial parts of life, because without people and money, you are poor socially and financially, and those are the most important aspects of life. And don't give me that at least you have health factor, because having a SAD disorder is the same as having a disease as far as I'm concerned. I believe if you don't relate SAD to having a disease, then you don't have SAD.

Last edited:

StrandedTangle

But everyone has problems.... Other "normal people" may not have SP, but they have other things, other insecurities, other worries...

I have to agree with Starry. Everyone does have problems. Some worse than others. Many people go around wearing a mask to the public as many of us do.
Who is to say what "normal" is anyway?

JamesSmith

Who is to say what "normal" is anyway?

I think many of you are looking at the word "normal" and thinking of it as some degrading term towards SAD people. What we mean by "normal" people are outgoing people, which is what the majority of humans are, is outgoing. These outgoing people have problems, but most have better lives than someone like me with social anxiety disorder. A human's life quality is based on how often and well you connect with other human beings, mainly in real life, and being well-off financially with a job you can deal with. People with SAD lack connecting with people and job opportunities are more difficult, hence, our lives suck more than most outgoing people's lives.

What a luxury. They dont know how lucky they are, i dont understand why people complain though they have no social problems. Life is beautiful, if i hadnt had SP, i would be a very happy person im sure, which i was before i developed it.

I don't mean to offend, but I find this a bit hypocritical. There are also people that are far worse off then us. They would think the exact same thing; ''If only I just had social phobia, I'd be happy.''. Thing is, we're not happy. It doesn't work like that because it's a hypothetical fantasy that is totally different in real life experience.

Conditions, problems, experience and expectations are based on personal standards, not pre-fabricated problem-profiles.

Last edited:

Meggy0001

I do hate it aloooooot. Most of the time people are alwyas complainging about how there mate is not here so they are not going to have no one to sit with but they talk to everyone in the class and soo they wont be alone while someone like me always is and has to deal with being in the corner all on my own with no one so yeah it gets fustrating but ohwell can ahrdly blame them though for them it's normal to feel low on something like that I guess :D

AGR

I love it when someone complains about their love/social life. Boy, do I pity you.

Yes,not that I hate it,but this guy was complaining all day that he didnt get any call from girls and he didnt have any girl now,he is married by the way,always has tons of girls,while listening to it I couldnt help but think about it, he has/had tons of lovers and I only want one nice girl.

dyingtolive

I don't mean to offend, but I find this a bit hypocritical. There are also people that are far worse off then us. They would think the exact same thing; ''If only I just had social phobia, I'd be happy.''. Thing is, we're not happy. It doesn't work like that because it's a hypothetical fantasy that is totally different in real life experience.

Conditions, problems, experience and expectations are based on personal standards, not pre-fabricated problem-profiles.

Yah, i agree.. You know i blamed Social anxiety a bit then i realized there was another far worse reason that i had social anxiety... Now im more concerned with that. Social anxiety now for me seems like kinder garden.. So the grass always seems to look greener on the other side..

Gaucho

everyone hast the right to complain. people with SA has as big problems as us, but in different areas. losing love, etc. we(I) just are scared in the psylogical aspect, because i don't have any real life experiences to have a problem with

Illusions

I guess everyone has a right to complain because everyone has their share of problems and insecurities. It's just worse for people with SA because it's harder for us to hide ours.

LazyHermitCrab

Yes because even doing routine things is hard for me, nothing goes smoothly so when a larger problem arises then i just don't like life even more, and have to hide causing more problems and.... then like you said you hear a complaint of someone else it annoys me as well. Since I can't even express them and it just makes me even more mad :eek:

coyote

i have learned that most people don't respond well to complaining in general - regardless of what it may be about

if there were two people with the exact same problems in life - everything else being equal, who would you rather be around...

the person who complains about all their problems or the person who addresses their problems with a nod and a smile?

Nathália

This is sooo judgmental. No one really knows what goes on with others or if they are "normal" or not. It ticks me off that someone thinks they have a right to complain more than another person. It's selfish and jealousy. I go through BS with this GAD but I have no right to judge someone else and many people hide their emotions. I know I wouldn't want someone to judge me. I've been to groups in school and admitted to hospitals and have listen to all walks off lives that appeared to be "normal" but there are many things people don't tell each other.

Last edited:

MentalyBlind

I hear my sister say "stupid computer, fu** my life i wanna die ughhhh" bla bla bla. I hate it when she says that.