Fall in love with every guy!!

kyle

Banned
SocialRetahd said:
kyle said:
hanny said:
Well obviously it's not quite that severe lol, but i've noticed that i become obsessed with any guy who pays me the slightest bit of attention :oops: I don't know if this has anything to do with social phobia, but i just wondered if anyone has the same problem. I'm not a stalker or anything, i just start to think about them a lot, because i can't believe any guy would want to talk to me :cry:

I would definitely talk to you, and treat you like a lady. You are beautiful and smart. I would be lucky to be with you.

oh stfu. Girls only like you cause you're pretty. If a SP acted like that, he would be shot down.

I can't help it. :(

D

deleteduser

Quote:
I would definitely talk to you, and treat you like a lady. You are beautiful and smart. I would be lucky to be with you.

That's nice of you

I can't believe what i m seeing here..

Quote:
oh stfu. Girls only like you cause you're pretty.

He is only a*s kisser. Why are you jealous of him ? It is pretty obvious that girls like to be treated verbally nice

What's going on here?? 8O

SocialRetahd

Kyle claims to be good looking, while I am very ugly.

If someone like me, or someone luckier than me- with say below average looks- was to act like this, they would have no success.

Girls are very shallow and I am almost gone.

I know a lot of guys like Slivio, for instance, who probably has a double digit IQ and still has a great life.

desperate

DAMN THAT EXPLAINS A LOT OF THINGS. IT'S GOOD TO HEAR SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HOW IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT IT COMES FROM THE SAME SP AND OF COURSE, A LOW SELF-STEEM (SORRY, NOT QUIET SURE HOW TO SPELL IT :wink: ) IT HAPPENED TO ME SINCE I WAS VERY LITTLE. I REMEMBER ON MY FIRST DAYS OF PRIMARY SCHOOL, I'D FEEL WEIRD ABOUT ANY CLASS MATE THAT PAID A LITTLE ATTENTION TO ME. THEN I'D THINK MY SISTERS BOYFRIENDS WERE THE HOTTEST THING ON EARTH, AND AS I GREW UP I WAS ALWAYS CHANGING MY MIND ABOUT THE GUYS I WAS ATTRACTED TO. 8O AND I FELT BAD THAT MY GIRLFRIENDS WOULD NEVER SEEM TO FLIRT WITH ANYBDY... I DID IT ALL THE TIME JUST TO HAVE FUN SINCE I WASNT REALLY INTERESTED IN A ROMANCE OR SOMETHING. THAT'S A LITTLE CRAZY BUT A GREAT POINT I GET CURIOUS ABOUT NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT :(

Joldo

^Calm down with the caps 8O ^

Anyway I also seem to become a little bit obessesed with girls who I talk to, like co-workers.

I'll have stupid little romantic fantasys in my head ect, and think about them untill i finally tell myself to shut up. But if I see them in the real world again; SA kicks in and I'll either avoid them alltogether or say as little as possible to them.

winnipegjets

Joldo said:

Anyway I also seem to become a little bit obessesed with girls who I talk to, like co-workers.

I'll have stupid little romantic fantasys in my head ect, and think about them untill i finally tell myself to shut up. But if I see them in the real world again; SA kicks in and I'll either avoid them alltogether or say as little as possible to them.

Tell them that they are beautiful. Women love that.

SocialRetahd

winnipegjets said:
Joldo said:

Only if it's coming from a good looking guy, dopey.

SocialRetahd said:
winnipegjets said:
Joldo said:

Only if it's coming from a good looking guy, dopey.

hippiechild

Gonzo said:
no offence but this is a fourm let people express them selves thats the entire problem of social phobia, worried about what people say, continue the flirting! it's good for your health :wink: and it's the same for me if a girl even gives me a nice look I will float home thinkin about it all day/week :lol: problem is never not sure what to do next in these situations :roll:
Complete agreement,
I figure that people on here know what it's like to have anxiety in social situations and would avoid any sort of putdowns, knowing how much effect they can have. That's one of the reasons why I come here, the people seem to be understanding and respectful to the max. Peace brother... haha :wink:

I agree with the second part too. I had an art class where a girl watched me through most of the class and complemented my portrait. That was a high that I was riding for the whole rest of the week...it was incredible.
The last part, about not knowing what to do next, exactly! I sometimes am able to get girls interested in me, but I feel like such a jerk when I never do anything afterward :( ...it's like a kid who goes hunting for a rabbit and enjoys the thrill of chasing it, but when he has it cornered and helpless he realizes that he doesn't have the heart to hurt it. It turns out that all he really wanted was to play :cry:

MaliceInWickedland

The same thing happens to me. I usually feel invisible to guys and whenever one actually does acknowledge my existence, I can't stop thinking about them for some reason. Another thing I find pretty weird is that whenever I notice an attractive guy at school, he'll randomly and constantly show up around me, not to mention in the most awkward of situations. Like today, I was turning a corner and this really cute guy I've seen around a lot lately just so happened to be turning that same corner and we bumped into each other. Just my luck ::p:

WriterChick3

Well, I tend to be a tiny bit boy-crazy at times. I dunno if it's because I really wanna know what it's like to be with a guy or that I'm one of those type of girls who likes watching them in hopes they'll talk to me.

Feathers

lol this explains a lot, apparently :D

I was really concerned with it when I was younger, especially if a guy was sorta interested in me and I couldn't decide cause I thought ahh, but what about all the other options out there?
(apparently it just wasn't the right guy? :rolleyes:)

I sometimes even fall in love with book characters etc ::p:
but I guess that's normal in every good book :rolleyes:

overcome.

Being a guy, I can actually relate to most of you. Well, about girls. I get attracted to somebody fairly easily. I don't know if it's down to anxiety/depression, and would love the companionship, or maybe it's combined with the fact that I'm a very open minded person. I just like all kinds of people, and conversation. I've been this way for as long as I can remember.

fitftw

I want to have sex with almost every girl I see. I think most guys are like that...

love though, I have yet to find out what it's like to be in "love" with someone.

Clara001

I do this all the time. I fall in love with every guy "who pays me the least bit of attention" (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind quote ; ). In high school I haven't really met any guys AT ALL, so I was fine ... But college ... I've met 4 guys already (it doesn't sound a lot, but it is for me) and I've had a crush on every single one of them. When I get to talk to them more and more the crush kind of disappears - it's a defense mechanism I guess. I'm afraid that they don't like me or that I even annoy them, so I start disliking them "back". I don't exactly know how to explain this ... I'm so afraid that they don't like me that I start disliking them just to protect myself from getting hurt. So yeah, I've talked with 3 of the guys quite a lot already and now the crush is gone, but the 4th ... I keep imagining diferent scenarios how we'd hang out, watch movies, play Halo together ... But that'll never happen. I don't really care right now, I'm too ecstatic that I even got to speak with the opposite gender. x)

razzle dazzle rose

I used to crush a lot. I can relate to what others have said here. I keep myself in check these days though. I have a rule: if I have a crush on someone I HAVE to act on it. Several years ago I had a crush that lasted a couple years and was a total waste of time, so that is why I make it a point to do something. (I have been in a relationship for a couple years now so I no longer act but I still do experience crushes...)

They say that when people pay attention to us it makes them more attractive to us. That is why we have to send signals to those people we like because it may very well make them more attracted to us or something.

I want to have sex with almost every girl I see. I think most guys are like that...

err.....does that mean that most guys that see me want to have sex with me!!??:eek:

Well that makes me not want to leave my house even more now! LOL::p:

I usually develop attachments to guys who are nice to me pretty quickly. But I am fortunate that I have huge issues with trusting people, so this protects me from making any rash decisions when I develop crushes.:)

I'm afraid that they don't like me or that I even annoy them, so I start disliking them "back". I don't exactly know how to explain this ... I'm so afraid that they don't like me that I start disliking them just to protect myself from getting hurt.

Guilty!

I'm a guy and I do this with every girl I meet, not that I meet many girls at all.

For me personally, I feel like this defensive mechanism or whatever it's called, is a good thing. Otherwise I tend to become obsessed with girls I don't even know or talk to. And the next thing I know, my mind would be filled with these crazy romantic scenarios like how I would save her from the zombie apocalypse and we'd fall in love and live on a farm happily ever after etc. And that's just way too much stress and worrying to deal with on a day to day basis. No. I prefer to live in my own world where it's just me and my lonely self, thank you very much. At least I am not going crazy.

stevelee24

i used to be really like this in school if a girl even talked to me i felt like i was in love with her but in reality i wasn't ofcourse its a natural human reflex if you suffer from SA and low self esteem. i still think girls are lying or trying to make me feel better if they say im good looking but im not as bad any more with the attraction to any attention from girls it kind of just passed with time.
now im more attracted after i have talked to a girl and if we share allot in common or get on well.

one of the most attractive things in a girl to me is there ability to laugh and not be to serious or stuck up all the time.