Fall in love with every guy!!

*Amy*

Well obviously it's not quite that severe lol, but i've noticed that i become obsessed with any guy who pays me the slightest bit of attention :oops: I don't know if this has anything to do with social phobia, but i just wondered if anyone has the same problem. I'm not a stalker or anything, i just start to think about them a lot, because i can't believe any guy would want to talk to me :cry:

Hey Hanny! I have to say that I totally understand you. It used to be the same for me, I used to get interested in any guy who showed me the slightest bit of attention, who bothered to talk to me. I have not overcome it at all, but I'm getting better. I think it's a question of realising it and accepting it. What really helps is kowing lots of people, both male and female, so that you would get more in touch with guys and not fall for every one of them. But that's quite difficult if you, like me, suffer from SA.

RedMonkey

Banned
I fall in love with every lady who have been nice to me. Started from simple chat. Then more chat... until become a bit obsess. They will start to distant and will call me stalker...LOL. So, i stopped doing something like that cause i know the reason why. SA..

*Amy*

They say that when people pay attention to us it makes them more attractive to us. That is why we have to send signals to those people we like because it may very well make them more attracted to us or something.

Lol, I'm just doing the complete opposite of that. When I like someone, I always act as if I didn't care at all about him, or even as if I kind of disliked him... I'm always scared that this person may guess about my feelings, so I try not to show any evidence as much as I can (though, on the other hand, that's not possible for me, because I always get nervous, blush, and all that stuff that happens to us SAs when I am with him).

razzle dazzle rose

Lol, I'm just doing the complete opposite of that. When I like someone, I always act as if I didn't care at all about him, or even as if I kind of disliked him... I'm always scared that this person may guess about my feelings, so I try not to show any evidence as much as I can (though, on the other hand, that's not possible for me, because I always get nervous, blush, and all that stuff that happens to us SAs when I am with him).

I understand. I am the same way too! It is just too much to handle trying to flirt and stuff. It is interesting what happens when we do let our feelings show. Sometimes they reciprocate ;)

maybmental2

Well I'm a guy and I've recently found out that I can get the same way :/ about women, But unfortunatly I think my meds were making it much much worse. But I don't really have an answer for it, I ended up in therapy trying to figure out if I'm really scewed up or is this a normal feeling. I do think it has something to do with OCD but that's just my opinion, I don't think your nuts though I would love for a woman to be obsessed with me :/ But I am a little nuts, Sorrry to everyone for the use of the word nuts but I really am.

maybmental2

Had just one more thing to say, Love is one of the purist emotions you can have never be ashamed os embaressed about that.

Lord_Spotface

Yeah I know how that feels. I think it's just something that shy or reclusive people are like.
They're used to having no-body talk to them so anyone who shows the slightest bit of attention to them will make them over think it.
I had something like that happen once whilst out, met a girl, talked, got along really well (I thought), I got her number, but afterwards, it turned out to be a lot like this comic:

Troll Fun Comics: may i have your number?

*Amy*

I understand. I am the same way too! It is just too much to handle trying to flirt and stuff. It is interesting what happens when we do let our feelings show. Sometimes they reciprocate ;)

Yeah, my problem is perhaps more of a question of self-esteem. I'm not pretty, I don't talk much (if I can say I talk at all), and I never get to know people properly, so I always wonder how could anyone ever be interested in me, and that's why I never want my feelings to show up. But I guess that if you take flirting as a game where you don't have anything to lose (or at least where you don't lose your dignity, and can even have fun), then it's much easier.

Dead_on_Arrival

I totaly understand how this feels. I develop emotional attachments to people when they show caring and compassion. I have never fallen in love with them (till now), just obsessed about them. Part of my OCD.