Football Mania

sensitive

Last night we (my companion and i) to a public cafe to watch football (soccer). let me share this experience with you :D .

We were going to watch two matches (Spanish Football league) the first was Barcelona V Deportivio, the second Real Madrid V Atletico Madrid. by the way i am a Real Madrid's fan while my companion is Barcelona's fan.

Unfortunately we saw just the fisrt match since the cafe's owner increased the money last night (he is so mean! i don't like him) anyway. the whole Madrid's fans (i am one of them) cheering the opponent team of Barcelona (which was Depritivio) i was cheering strongly however Madrid's fans were few so whenever Deprtivio scorer a goal, i got so excited. can you imagine, i was alone sorrounded by Barcelona's fans looking at me :oops: , very embarrassing. they were more than 100 guys. after a while tens of Madrid's fans came in, i got excited we start cheering strongly again :D .

I didn't watch the another match :? , i was told that Ronaldo (the best striker all over the world) got injuried :? after being scored 3 goals.

The whole experience is weird,idon't go to public cafes much unlike my companion.

We also watch Juventus, Del Piero scored a wonderful goal. DEL PIERO YOU ARE THE BEST ITALIAN FOOTBALLER!. can you imagine they put him as a substitute whether in Juventus or national team, stupid coaches :?

redlady

You shouldn't be embarassed about your passion Issa - look who is saying this the woman who would never cheer anything on in a million years - but that is why i like that you did - to me it is brave, so good for you. I like a bit of soccer every now and then - i'm not what you would call a fan - but i like that Brazilian player Ronaldinio - man he can execute some tricky moves 8)

sensitive

wow! you know Ronalidnio. he was chosen as the best footballer in the world last year 2004, i am sure he will be chosen again and again through next years. i like him so much however, i don't like his team.

here, people are equally fans of either Real madrid (like me :D , it is called the royal team) or the main opponent of it Barcelona which Ronaldinio play for. now his price is over than $100m 8O .

come on guys, nobody here likes football or what?

Bexi

I love football! I like going to games more than watching on TV. I especially love when England beat Germany 5-1 hahaha!!

redlady

The best game that i saw was in the last world cup - Korea v's Italy - Korea the unmistakable underdog's of the match won by a goal - the crowd went nuts afterwards it was fabulous :D

nighthawk

Good for you for cheering sensitive. Soccer is so addictive, the other guys were probably just sore because their team got scored on. Im more of a basketball fan, but I have been in a few similar situations, cheering against the home favorite. It can be an intimidating atmosphere.

I didn't grow up a soccer fan, but lately I've been watching English Premier League on saturday morning with my dad(he loves the game). Im a Arsenal fan (Thierry Henry :D). But in the World Cup, GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to them defending their the crown in 2006 in Germany.

Cheers

PEACE

sensitive

Actually, it takes me a while to feel normal around people. everyone is yelling and busy with the game. you have to be excited like anyone when they score a goal.

Bexi

I cheer, shout and swear when i'm at a game, it's the only time i become animated though.

Chilling__Echo

last time i was at a football game everyone would stand and shout at a good play or a score and i was the only one that stayed sitting b/c i think football is pointless and was there with my now exbf. i felt so stupid

sensitive

Last night i went alone to the cafe to watch the match Barcelona v Osasuna (spanish football). Despite i am not a Barcelona's fan, i was glad to watch them, they had a great match ended 3-0 for Barcelona. As usual Ranaldinio was great, and rest of the team.

Tonight, my team Real Madrid (the royal team as it is called) will play with Valenica (which is a very strong team) so it will be a tough game.

Does anybody here watch spanish football? :roll:

Here are some well-known footballers in spanish football. The brazilian Ronaldinio the best footballer in the world in 2004, Ronaldo the best striker in the world (in my opinion), Etoo the best african footballer throught last years, Zidane the french icon and many many others.

Tell us about your favourite footballers, please?

Mykul

Chilling__Echo said:
last time i was at a football game everyone would stand and shout at a good play or a score and i was the only one that stayed sitting b/c i think football is pointless and was there with my now exbf. i felt so stupid

hehe thats exactly how i feel with soccer.. the sammme situation.. except with the exbf part hehehe
Soccer is no big deal to me.. 22 guys, trying to put a ball in a net or goal? hehe.. not for me

redlady

Well i know the three "R's" = Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinio. And the Aussie champion Harry Kewell.

sensitive

I know an australian well-known footballer Vedoka, he plays in England formerly in Leeds (don't know know). Don't know Harry Kewell :roll: .

Well, these three are best-known. Unfortunately Rivaldo, the oldest one 30+ (best footballer in the world in 1999) neither play with the Brazilian national team nor play with a big club (as he used to be). Those stupid coaches don't appreciate his abilities well.

Brazil always is the first country import talented footballers (then Argentina), Robinho is the newest talented brazilian he transfered to Madrid for $30m while he still 21y 8O , i feel jelous.

Come on guys, nobody here likes football (soccer). I see many english people here, doesn't anybody watch Premier League (english football). Who doesn't know for example Stefan Jerard?

Bexi

I'm sure lots of ppl like football here, but i discuss it on sport forums mostly, not here

Danfalc

Banned
sensitive said:
Does anybody here watch spanish football? :roll

Yeah i watch spanish football if it's on.Being english and a manchester united fan i try and keep track of whats going on in the premierieship, although ive started to loose intrest recenlty like most things :? But getting back to your question, i do like to watch spanish football, as i think the spanish seem to focus more on skill and flare and english footy is more physical focused.

sensitive said:
Tell us about your favourite footballers, please
Two words... Eric Cantona (spelling? :? ) The man was a god! when he was in his peak and playing for united, well till he decided to flying kick the crystal palace fan for saying somthing about his ma :lol: , things went downhill after that :(

DazedNConfused

Not a big sports fan here, either. Its funny USA football and football everywhere else are two different things! And boy, many people here in the US is passionate about our version of football, too. Sometimes it's intimidating to be around a bunch of guys who are really into it, when I am not! I just try to show respect for that passion by not putting it down in front of them (a mistake i've made many times in the past), or saying "I HATE football" or anything like that, because I wouldn't want someone to do that to me if I was being passionate about something I love.

Anywho, the big thing out here now is baseball (GO SOX! only cause my favorite, the Tigers are out for the season), and i'm a big fan of that sport (along with Hockey!).

Sensitive- I will be in the same boat as you the next time the White Sox here plays against the Tigers.... :lol:

------------
DazedN "I need to find another avatar" Confused

sensitive

Last night my team (Real Madrid) was defeated by Valencia 1-2 :cry: , we were devestated while the major opponent (Barcelona) won on saturday night 3-0.

The referee shown the red card for two of Real Madrid's players, one of them is the english icon Beckham :? , the referee was very tough.