Gamers: Post your screenshots!

Crysis 2 was absolutely awesome, the best FPS I've played since the original Red Faction.

I agree! Even though it had very little graphic/gameplay tweaking options (for the PC), the overall game was quite good. It may not have been as sandbox-ey as the original Crysis, but the awesome story and the cinematic way in which it was told definitely made up for it. Not to mention the music scores was a lot more memorable, and the collectibles were quite entertaining.

The only problem I saw with it was that they took a very obscure leap from the original story. Perhaps that was kept for a potential Crysis 3, perhaps they did it to satisfy console gamers, either way, even though the story was great it was disappointing to be left to guess what happened after the ending of Crysis 1.

Mokkat

Im not a huge fan of Crysis 2, but its a solid game.

Crytek definitely likes console money, otherwise we would have had a much better game, with proper PC focus and better story and gameplay than run-of-the-mill stuff we got

Last edited:

da_illest101

I agree! Even though it had very little graphic/gameplay tweaking options (for the PC), the overall game was quite good. It may not have been as sandbox-ey as the original Crysis, but the awesome story and the cinematic way in which it was told definitely made up for it. Not to mention the music scores was a lot more memorable, and the collectibles were quite entertaining.

The only problem I saw with it was that they took a very obscure leap from the original story. Perhaps that was kept for a potential Crysis 3, perhaps they did it to satisfy console gamers, either way, even though the story was great it was disappointing to be left to guess what happened after the ending of Crysis 1.

I finished the ps3 version of crysis 2 but to me it was just an average fps. But what exactly was that great about the story? * SPOILERS * It was basically just a mute, almost dead, guy wearing a suit so that he could continue prophet's mission of killing aliens that are taking over the world * END SPOILERS *In my opinion, It's about as basic as it comes and nothing about it stood out for me. What did you enjoy about it so much?

I finished the ps3 version of crysis 2 but to me it was just an average fps. But what exactly was that great about the story? * SPOILERS * It was basically just a mute, almost dead, guy wearing a suit so that he could continue prophet's mission of killing aliens that are taking over the world * END SPOILERS *In my opinion, It's about as basic as it comes and nothing about it stood out for me. What did you enjoy about it so much?

Well, sure, if you look at it like that no story is really that spectacular. Every story is made or broken by the way in which it was told. Even a trip to the grocery store can be interesting if it's told in a way that appeals to the listener.

What I enjoyed particularly is that it took quite a leap from the original. Which in a very daring thing to do in a sequel of a game that was quite successful. I was expecting the same slow-figure-it-out-yourself plot that Crysis had, Crysis 2 caught me by surprise. In this game I felt there was a lot more of a point to wearing the suit. In Crysis I often felt like just some dude with an expensive suit fighting against enemies that never stood a chance to begin with, while in Crysis 2 they sell the post-human warrior theme a lot better. Abilities feel like abilities, rather then modes that you have to switch similar to the profiles you'd find on a cellphone.

The thing I enjoy about the story was the even though it's not dead-on original, I still found myself going: ''Ooooh~ Right.'' at certain plot twists.

[spoilers] Perhaps I'm just a gullible fool like that, but I wasn't expecting Alcatraz to be a walking corpse. Nor did I expect that Prophet's memory and personality were captured by the suit. Those are layers of interest that developed (for me) as the game progressed. Not to mention that my deep routed geekiness was often satisfied during moments as in when you walk into Hargreve's office and see nanosuits displayed as if they were traditional knight armors. That's a silent type of humor that I dearly love. Plus that scenario twists often came semi-unexpected. I can tell you, I was pressing the ''W'' button pretty hard when that flood came my way. For me it's all in those little details.[/spoilers]

For me it's all in the experience it tries to sell, and how successful it is in doing so. And for me personally it was successful in doing so.

But do note that I haven't played much games in the last 4 years or so. It could have copied things from semi-recent games that I'm just oblivious to. In which case, forgive my ignorance. ;3

Newtype

SephirothLimit.jpg

SephirothOmnislash.jpg

da_illest101

Well, sure, if you look at it like that no story is really that spectacular. Every story is made or broken by the way in which it was told. Even a trip to the grocery store can be interesting if it's told in a way that appeals to the listener.

What I enjoyed particularly is that it took quite a leap from the original. Which in a very daring thing to do in a sequel of a game that was quite successful. I was expecting the same slow-figure-it-out-yourself plot that Crysis had, Crysis 2 caught me by surprise. In this game I felt there was a lot more of a point to wearing the suit. In Crysis I often felt like just some dude with an expensive suit fighting against enemies that never stood a chance to begin with, while in Crysis 2 they sell the post-human warrior theme a lot better. Abilities feel like abilities, rather then modes that you have to switch similar to the profiles you'd find on a cellphone.

The thing I enjoy about the story was the even though it's not dead-on original, I still found myself going: ''Ooooh~ Right.'' at certain plot twists.

[spoilers] Perhaps I'm just a gullible fool like that, but I wasn't expecting Alcatraz to be a walking corpse. Nor did I expect that Prophet's memory and personality were captured by the suit. Those are layers of interest that developed (for me) as the game progressed. Not to mention that my deep routed geekiness was often satisfied during moments as in when you walk into Hargreve's office and see nanosuits displayed as if they were traditional knight armors. That's a silent type of humor that I dearly love. Plus that scenario twists often came semi-unexpected. I can tell you, I was pressing the ''W'' button pretty hard when that flood came my way. For me it's all in those little details.[/spoilers]

For me it's all in the experience it tries to sell, and how successful it is in doing so. And for me personally it was successful in doing so.

But do note that I haven't played much games in the last 4 years or so. It could have copied things from semi-recent games that I'm just oblivious to. In which case, forgive my ignorance. ;3

oh I see, glad you enjoy it, it's always better then hating it :)

fitftw

I wish I could erase my memory of FF7 when I was 13 and do it all over again. Literally the best gaming experience I ever had.

I recommend everyone play Portal 2 by the way. I beat it a month ago but I forgot to talk about it and it made me think. HARD. Harder than I ever thought in a videogame in my life. A+++++ experience and beautifully composed, both story-wise and level-wise.

I totally agree with this mini statement on the game and the previous one. Even though I haven't been through it yet because I refused to do so untill they released DX11.

So! I've not read the spoilers bit. Thanks for highlighting. :D

Last edited:

IGotSeoul

reminds me of a 2D minecraft in the sense that each world is randomly generated and you can build, dig, explore without boundaries. (surface land, underground, floating islands etc)

an example

but it also implements elements of old adventure games like zelda and metroid.

Summoning

This is a real screen shot taken from WoW. It's my Night Elf Druid (Grim Batol - EU). I had to abandon the quest to take the screen shot xD