Gamers: Post your screenshots!

Blabla..

So far i'm totally blown away , i love everything about this game , the spells are just amazing , i just finished my first quest and have started exploring a little bit

skyrim7.jpg

skyrim8.jpg

skyrim9.jpg

skyrim10.jpg

Niteowl

Great to hear that you're enjoying it, Blabla.. as I've only heard criticism for it elsewhere. I don't have it yet as Amazon UK only saw fit to pass them over to Royal Mail last night. Haha. I think the people complaining probably just set their expectations too high.

Since I'm still not able to go on Skyrim or Arkham City (Windows release keeps getting delayed. -.-) all I have to contribute are these.

thieving93.png

miningt.png

charmsgathering.png

herbloreg.png

Blabla..

Well , i was one of those expecting Elder Scrolls 5 to be a next gen title with outstanding graphics on pc , i was a bit deceived when i heard it would almost look identical to the console versions , i wasn't impressed with the screenshots i saw but i knew the gameplay would be improved .

My experience so far is that they did an amazing job at making the game beautiful without next gen graphical features , there is alot of sprites and low poly models , but it's very well done . Everything i didn't like about Oblivion has been improved , so i'm pretty happy , i think there is alot more content . The spells feels right this time , they feel powerful and fun to use , you can choose stuff from your favorite menu real quick , even dual wield spells , or have your favorite weapon and a spell in both hands , i just love it .

This game will keep me busy fur a long long time , i can't even imagine the mods that will come out , i might make some myself !!

Remus

Staff member
Skyrim looks awesome, does it play as well as the other TES games?

Just been selected to beta test The Old Republic, bout bleedin time!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Skyrim looks awesome, does it play as well as the other TES games?
So far I'm finding the gameplay to be noticeably superior. Aspects of the character creation interface were annoying, but what I was most worried about--the leveling system--is vastly improved. Drove me nuts in Oblivion trying to make sure I maxed all 3 attributes each time. The puzzles and traps are great, the flow is fantastic, the combat is much improved, the races are more balanced (and far less dorky looking). And so on.

Niteowl

I just don't know what to do about Skyrim. I'm not impatient, and I'm not just saying this because the delivery is late, but I pre-ordered it months ago and now my dad's buying a PS3. My brother has one but I haven't been allowed to use it since Christmas 2007. If I send my Windows copy back to Amazon when it arrives I could get it for PS3, now that I'd finally be allowed to use one, and save myself having to use Steam. My dad would play it too. I've already cancelled Arkham City and I'll buy that for PS3, because I admit I am at last getting impatient with the ever-changing release date for Windows. I don't very much like Steam or Games for Windows, but I preferred Oblivion for PC when I didn't require either.

Another screenshot of my own. I took this just now.

retired.png

It's almost been a year since my character 'retired', haha.

Blabla..

^ i recently decided to give steam a try , and surprisingly to me i ended up loving it , i preordered skyrim and got it at midnight , no more troubles , no more installations , all my games are backed up on an external drive , it's quite simple and made me change my opinion about retail vs downloadable copy.

What i can tell you is that The Elder Scrolls series are much more enjoyable to me on PC because of the mods , but i'm sure it's an enjoyable experience on consoles as well

i found it to be annoying as well , navigating the menus and stuff is easier with the keyboard than the mouse

Not to mention that the sliders were frustratingly sluggish in the Oblivion character creation. Plus the inability to zoom out/in to specific parts.

And the hairstyles for the beast races were also kinda lame. :/

Blabla..

i think both Oblivion and Skyrim are consoles games , ported to the pc , i don't see how hard it would be to change the interface a little bit , they must be testing their game on pc with a 360 controller , other than that skyrim feels good with a keyboard and mouse for a port , better than alot of titles

Remus

Staff member
I'm giving it a go but I find the UI worse than Oblivion. Cannot create my own spell buttons 1-8 like I used to. Really needs a quickslot function instead of the 'favourites' button.

*edit* read the manual and figured how to assign number buttons...phew

Still a clunky console interface for PC but the game is superb

Last edited: