Gamers thread

I'm almost done in Shadows of the Colossus, just six more to go. I'm REALLY curious to see how it'll end.

The game is so lonely.. It's a weird sensation of interest and discomfort.

I find it difficult to get into games. I loved farcry3, probably too much, that everything Ive played since is just a disappointment. For example, metro last light, everyone loved it, I found it quite a chore to finish n play. Skyrim? I played maybe 3 hours of it then left it for dead. Ac3 ive started now and its already looking like another boring game but I might be wrong. I usually only like action games, fps rts or 3rd person, action games..

squidgee

I find it difficult to get into games. I loved farcry3, probably too much, that everything Ive played since is just a disappointment. For example, metro last light, everyone loved it, I found it quite a chore to finish n play. Skyrim? I played maybe 3 hours of it then left it for dead. Ac3 ive started now and its already looking like another boring game but I might be wrong. I usually only like action games, fps rts or 3rd person, action games..

Maybe you're just burned out from playing lot's of video games? I know that sometimes happens to me, though I do agree that Skyrim felt pretty plain to me.

I like to play RPGs, preferably first person. And for some reason, I can never get into games that have post-apocalyptic settings.

drganon

The new animal crossing game is fun. What I'm looking forward to next is the walking dead dlc coming out in July.

Just finished The Last of Us yesterday.

I think it was really good. It's so much easier to bond with companions when they're actually useful. Dialogue and cutscenes definitely helps, but feeling the need to high five them after a close encounter (even though you can't) just helps it so much to sell the realtionship. This was also the case in Bioshock Infinite.

I'm also REALLY excited about GTA V now that they've released a gameplay trailer.

GTA IV was a better looking downgrade more than anything. The physics and graphic were nice, but it came at a cost of freeroam fun. This time however it really looks like they've pulled out all the stops and just went nuts with it. It has all the great graphics and physics, but also all the fun of GTA: San Andreas (and then some, I reckon).

Amitush123

Just finished The Last of Us yesterday.

I think it was really good. It's so much easier to bond with companions when they're actually useful. Dialogue and cutscenes definitely helps, but feeling the need to high five them after a close encounter (even though you can't) just helps it so much to sell the realtionship. This was also the case in Bioshock Infinite.

Just pre - ordered it although I was not sure, as I am not a fan of UC series. I hope I will enjoy, I love dark games

Steiner

League of Legends and Path of Exile for me. Sometimes I go back and play the old Disciples 2 games and Dont Starve.

Just pre - ordered it although I was not sure, as I am not a fan of UC series. I hope I will enjoy, I love dark games

It was one of the most convincing and atmospheric post-apocalypse experiences in games I've seen so far. It has an excellent balance between suspense, action, stealth and relief.

Not to forget amazingly organic dialogue to give the characters some extra dimensions. It's great all around.

Last edited:

zippyzippyb

always loved mmorpgs since sometimes I can chat a bit with lots of people, and if not i can do something like character dancing with a bored crowd lol

drganon

Mostly just playing animal crossing. I've fully expanded my house and paid off all my debt to nook. Now I just need to get more furniture to fill my big house. Also looking forward to walking dead season 2 and gta 5.

NeverAlone

Mostly just playing animal crossing. I've fully expanded my house and paid off all my debt to nook. Now I just need to get more furniture to fill my big house. Also looking forward to walking dead season 2 and gta 5.

Well bells doesn't grow on trees. oh wait..

I am playing Fire emblem Awakening at the moment.

I'm playing Pokemon Leaf Green (which is a remake of the very first game (I had no idea)) and also Golden Sun/Gold Sun: Lost Age.

Both are turn based combat style games. Thank Christ for VirtualBoy's speed-up button. These games get annoyingly slow after a while. Especially Golden Sun. It has SO MUCH unnecessary dialogue.

Raichel

Thinking about replaying the Mass Effect trilogy. Hmm... Then again, college is starting this Tuesday. Decisions, decisions...

Flanscho

Playing DOTA 2. On the one hand, it's very... uhm... anti-SA friendly. But it's also very rewarding at times.

squidgee

Outlast and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs are coming out this and next week. Two horror games that I'm playing as soon as get my hands on them.