*Girls* post your pics

Silatuyok

Oh goodness! I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, probably... not when they're that small.
How did you come to be an opossum mummy?

:) During the summers I foster orphaned babies for a wildlife rehabilitation center. I guess you could call me a 'possum enthusiast.

DeadmanWalking

Awww, what a cute opossum, Marie! Makes me wanna reach through the screen and hug the both of you::p:! Also, pookah, looking as beautiful as ever::eek::!

And stevelee, you're already flirting with the beautiful ladies on this site! I told you that you would enjoy it:D!

stevelee24

Awww, what a cute opossum, Marie! Makes me wanna reach through the screen and hug the both of you::p:! Also, pookah, looking as beautiful as ever::eek::!

And stevelee, you're already flirting with the beautiful ladies on this site! I told you that you would enjoy it:D!

thats not flirting its just a friendly compliment :D ...............maybe

Pookah

Thanks guys. I been slowly putting myself out there, trying not to care when I don't particularly like a pic etc.

philly2bits

Here's an open proposal of marriage to any of the women in this thread. I have a lot to offer a wife. I have my own car and I'm an expert (ie novice) at making my own jailhouse wine. Think it over ladies. ;)

Kiwong

Just for fun, because it's 2am and I still can't sleep...

photo-942.jpg

An opossum, wonderful. What a great thing to look after sick wild animals. Hows the little possum doing?

Silatuyok

An opossum, wonderful. What a great thing to look after sick wild animals. Hows the little possum doing?

Actually, I don't know, because I had to give him back to the center at the end of the summer. If all went well for him, they would have finished raising him and getting him to "wild up" in an outdoor cage before doing a soft release into the wild (meaning they set out food and water and shelter but leave the door open so he can decide for himself when he is ready to venture out into the world). I got this little guy when he couldn't even walk or see, and he had to be tube-fed for about two weeks. He had a lot of issues along the way, but he was quite healthy and happy the last time I saw him, so I'm going to assume that he is a happy little wild opossum now. :)

Kiwong

Actually, I don't know, because I had to give him back to the center at the end of the summer. If all went well for him, they would have finished raising him and getting him to "wild up" in an outdoor cage before doing a soft release into the wild (meaning they set out food and water and shelter but leave the door open so he can decide for himself when he is ready to venture out into the world). I got this little guy when he couldn't even walk or see, and he had to be tube-fed for about two weeks. He had a lot of issues along the way, but he was quite healthy and happy the last time I saw him, so I'm going to assume that he is a happy little wild opossum now. :)

Sounds like a good chance of a happy ending, I hope the little fella made it.

stevelee24

maybe im wrong here but dont people kill possoms over there like people kill rats i thought they where a rodent. im sure i seen a program where this blokes job was killing possoms

Silatuyok

maybe im wrong here but dont people kill possoms over there like people kill rats i thought they where a rodent. im sure i seen a program where this blokes job was killing possoms

Yes, a lot of people do kill opossums, if for no other reason than that they think they are ugly and get mad when they leave their trash out and an opossum goes looking for food in it. Opossums are not rodents though, they are the only marsupials native to North America. They are actually beneficial creatures, very hardy, and not dangerous. The most harm they could do is to kill your chickens, if you happen to live on a farm and don't properly protect your livestock. I could go on about it for a long time, but instead I will post a blog that I wrote about it not long ago, for anyone who is curious about why opossums should not be killed...

Top Ten Reasons Why Awesome Rhymes with Opossum Christmas Is All Around Us